Massacre

General Hints/Tips Discussion

Heist tip I learned:

Just because you don't need a good shooter, doesn't mean the lower skilled shooter won't fuck up something else during the heist. <_<

Also, there is armor in the Downtown LS police station lobby. I assume others have it too.

If you found a person of interest in a mall near Franklin's house, this is stopped. I chose the 7% guy too

Here are some Secret Weapon locations ( which you can use to get unlimited ammo ).

This is what I was talking about on page 1. The Grenade Launcher spawn location ~

Just quick-save then reload the game, and it will respawn ( giving you unlimited ammo ). The same goes for all of the other weapons as well.

- Here's a vid showing the location of an "SMG" pick up under Del Perro Pier ~ https://www.youtube....h?v=FxCd7xZbJPs

- This vid shows the location of an underwater Assault Rifle pick up ( Warning/ use a character with a relatively good lung capacity ) ~

- And here is the secret location for the RPG ( you will need a helicopter ) ~

- And probably the hardest hidden weapon to get on the map, the Minigun, is located in the Military Base. Here's a vid showing a good tactic to get it, and showing it's exact location in the base ~

^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

- Also here is an Unlimited Money Exploit ( I wouldn't recommend using this/ it could ruin the experience of making money the proper way ). It's from "deathmule" at Cheat Code Central ~

^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

- "Rare" Super Truffade Adder ( Bugatti Veyron ) spawn location ~ https://www.youtube....h?v=X_8zPNBdtMo

It doesn't always spawn the first time, so go back a couple more times and it should be there. It's the fastest Car in the game ( although it doesn't have the best handling ).

^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

- And finally here is a video showing how to get the Tank early, showing the most efficient method ( definitely better than paying $2,000,000 ) ~

I don't know if you can save it in your garage ( haven't tried this out yet ), but once you're in the tank, the only thing you have to worry about is other tanks...

You can find the other characters in the city, as was mentioned before the game came out. If you find them, they'll speak briefly, and the character will ask if you want to hang out, which you can accept or decline.

If you switch characters and go to the previous character's location quickly enough, there's a good chance they'll still be there.

Unlimited Stamina - Get 100 stamina by doing triathlons, swimming etc. Triathlons are by far the easiest and most effective way at improving stamina. Helpful in any mission on foot.

I have maxed out flying on Michael and Trevor, but I don't see any notable improvements besides a little ease of control in the air.

I managed to max out both the first two's stamina through walking around aimlessly....

Also, for those wanting to change the targeting from that little dot to a proper crosshairs, go to Settings, Display then change Weapon Target from simple to complex.

There is a way to get bonus customizations for the three protagonists ( like new haircuts ).

Bonus customizations and haircuts -

To unlock additional customization options for Michael, Franklin, and Trevor, go to Rockstar's LifeInvader social network, and click the "Stalk" button on the page. Sign into LifeInvader with your Social Club name and password. Different pages will appear randomly after refreshing. Click the "Stalk" button on each one to unlock something new for use in GTA 5. To unlock new haircuts for Michael, Franklin, and Trevor, go to Herr Kutz Barber and click the "Stalk" button.

^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Also for a free vehicle repair, Quick-Save the game, then Reload the save. And Voila! Your vehicle is repaired.

^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Lots of Hidden Gun Locations ( Pistol/ SMG/ Shotgun/ Assault Rifle/ Grenade Launcher/ RPG/ Machine Gun/ Sniper Rifle ) ~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99z8MguI004

This will be useful when starting out in GTA Online ( it will save you money finding these free weapons ).

• Like 1

Jerry can is at most gas stations if you need one to use so its not money out your pocket.

Jerry can is a red container full of gas and can be seen for sale at gun shop but why would you ever buy one when there's one to pick up at the local gas station.

I am just wondering when your switching characters there's a number under the face of the character, anyone know what that is?

How many missions are available for that character.
  • Like 1

At the hospital near Franklin's safehouse, you can get to the roof either by stairs, or by ladders. Up there are two helicopters which can be flown [unlike GTA:SA where some aircraft were locked until after you finished the flying school], and inside them are sniper rifles. Get in one, you get the rifle and ten rounds, and get in the other, and you get ten more rounds. I tried coming back after reloading the game this morning, but either the helos only give up so much, or only give up so much to each character, or twenty rounds is the maximum one can carry [might be a strength related limit - I've barely begun]. They also put in the Flying-Under-Bridge bit [there are fifty bridges to fly under], but not all bridges seem to qualify. I've found that most seem to need some water running under them, even if it's not much more than a ditch. I went under two bridges up in cow-country, and they were highway bridges for the most part, but there was a ditch running under them. SOme bridges also do not seem to qualify simply as they have too little room to fly under.

Also, I noted that while items dropped by anyone killed [by your characters, or by the other story characters, or even the bots] do glow a bit [white], it's not as obvious as the glow from GTA IV. I've only come across one other pick-up aside from health pick-ups, and that was the SMG under the Del Perro pier [the one with the amusement rides??], but that did not glow - I heard myself picking up ammo, but did not see anything in the dark. I was unable to get into the police/sherriff stations [one where the tow truck missions start, and one in the area of Lester's garment factory] to look for anything inside, but I have yet to jump the fences [didn't want to risk a high wanted level while on foot].

I thought I should add that the helicopters really do handle far better in this game than in the previous one.

i haven't very much.. if any? cops just driving around, or walking around on patrol. they seemed to be a lot in IV.

I've seen some targeting other people on the streets but as for patrolling I'd agree, there's not many about. But I would say that's probably more realistic.

i haven't very much.. if any? cops just driving around, or walking around on patrol. they seemed to be a lot in IV.

I've seen some targeting other people on the streets but as for patrolling I'd agree, there's not many about. But I would say that's probably more realistic.

I've followed a couple of patrol cars that whizzed by with lights/sirens on but not chasing anyone. I thought, "Ooh sweet, they'll lead me to a crime scene!" I followed for a few minutes (which is difficult because they haul ass). One cop drove around the block a few times before speeding off, and another just seemed to be taking random turns going nowhere in particular. Nothing to see there, I guess. :huh:

It also seems there are a lot more snitches in the ghetto then there would be in the ghetto though...

i think there is a smg in the park rangers Granger parked at the vinewood sign watch out for guards

and good luck checking on this one .

i found it when i stole it and i knew it was not there when i got in the Granger.

Yeah, I'd entered from the east on the access road in search of that entrance you described. No luck finding it. Next time I'm on the west side of the map, I'll look harder. Dying to know what's hidden away in there.

Also, there is armor in the Downtown LS police station lobby. I assume others have it too.

The Body Armor in Downtown LS Police Station is the heaviest in the game as well ( I know because I equipped it, and then checked which one it was at Ammunation ).