Can you use this app if you don't have an iPhone or iPad? ( in-game or something )

( I can't believe Rockstar is forcing us into this consumerist bullshit/ I don't even use a phone, and I would never buy that iPad Apple bullshit either ).

I don't understand why the app can't just be in the fucking game.

Now I can't find hidden packages because I can't train Chop ( because I don't have one of these stupid mobile devices!!! ) What the fuck Rockstar?!?!

I guess I'll have to wait for an online strategy guide...

^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^

I don't get it. Rockstar satirises these stupid phones, and then only allows the idiots that have these phones to use the app, which also happens to have important gameplay mechanics exclusive too it.

Is this a sick joke?

They really want to fuck over anyone without an Apple product ( I wonder how much those cunts paid them ), fuck even Android users won't have this App until after they've already completed the fucking game. This is fucking stupid!!!

@PimpLippy ~ There is "NO" PC OS version of the App...

Android apps are coming, but regardless, apples products are still superior to anything android. R* obviously has more experience coding for idevices over android.

I'm not going to take on the exorbitant cost of this stupid shit when I don't need or want it. I'm not trying to act cool taking selfies like all the try-hards out there ( and Rockstar included Selfies in the game/ What The Fuck? ).

Mobile Internet is expensive as fuck here. It's O.K. if you're Rich, or an idiot who wastes their money as soon as they get it.

But it's not for me.

Plus I'm guessing that you're one of the idiots that have the iPhone, another blind sheep feeding money into Apple's fat, greedy mouth...

You're one of the same people that Rockstar is making fun of ( while at the same time ironically catering to/ with this Apple smartphone App crap ).

^I kind of agree with your point you had. Although I'm by no means anti-smartphone, I think a feature like custom plates, which is first in first served, should have been added to the social club instead (or in game), so everyone could use it. The app is so gimped, I can't even tell if my plates that it said I'd ordered actually registered or not. I got a message from LS customs saying something was ready for my Buffalo, but I went there and nothing happened.

Has anyone here actually got any custom plates?

• Like 1

Am I misunderstanding, or is it true that custom plates can only be had with this app?

What I'm trying to ask is, will I need an iOS device to slap racial slurs on my bumpers?

• Like 1

^I kind of agree with your point you had. Although I'm by no means anti-smartphone, I think a feature like custom plates, which is first in first served, should have been added to the social club instead (or in game), so everyone could use it. The app is so gimped, I can't even tell if my plates that it said I'd ordered actually registered or not. I got a message from LS customs saying something was ready for my Buffalo, but I went there and nothing happened.

Has anyone here actually got any custom plates?

App would have been a lot more useful if you could use it as your in game cellphone instead of on the screen.

Wow. Quite the rant(s).

To think, all this time I thought I bought my phone because I wanted it... :no:

I am an Android-flavored blind sheep, so I'll be patiently waiting for R* to release that version. :whistle:

Edited by MrMister81

you lot not missing much, this app is all kinds of fucked atm.

not been able to sign in for the last 32 hours, now its started not even trying, telling me that i can't check the version of the app and to check my internet connection.

fucking pile of shit and a waste of time.

Am I misunderstanding, or is it true that custom plates can only be had with this app? What I'm trying to ask is, will I need an iOS device to slap racial slurs on my bumpers?

I haven't been able to get a coherent response from my GTA V-owning friends yet. When I ask them this question, all I get is a "THIS GAME, MAN, THIS GAME!" or a "...Huh?". It'd be a massive letdown if custom plates were only accessible via this app. Since Rockstar isn't known for letting down their devotees, I can't imagine them restricting the privilege of custom plates to iOS users. Is anyone here able to answer my question?

Well, the app is kind of working for me now. I went for the sign up option instead of trying to sign in, and it launched into the app with my social club username already logged in. Weird

I ordered my "H4NDSOME" plate. I originally ordered 'Handsome', but that was before the app fucked up. When I tried entering it this time, it said it was taken. So in a way, I think I screwed myself out of the plate I wanted. XD

I was hoping you could have an individual plate for each character, but it looks like you get the same plate across all 3. There also doesn't seem to be an option to change it, so guys, choose carefully.

So I downloaded iFruit and decided to make a license plate in the Los Santos Customs section. I went into it thinking that you got a license plate for each playable character so I made one specifically for Franklin. I didn't realize you only get one that's used on all their vehicles.

I went back to see if I could change it or something and it said that once I get awarded a second license plate, I can switch them around.

My question is how do I get that second plate awarded to me?

awarded a 2nd plate? i never saw that... how did you get that to pop up?

all we know is you get one shot to make your license plate and that's it... hopefully a patch comes out to fix that situation but i think they're a little more worried about the GTAO fiasco than the ifruit app at the moment... plus, there's a huge market of people that don't even get to use this feature since so far it's just been an IOS release...

i wish i could try to make a "BONES" license plate, but i'll have to make due with my "FRDABRD" one even though there's really not a beard to fear in the online barber shop :(...

EDIT: also, i merged this with the ifruit app topic we already had going... use search next time ;)...