NeelReel

GTAO DLC Topic

Do you think this will be exclusive to GTAO,or if it will be available in Story mode as well?

Either way I can't wait to see Raton Canyon covered in snow!

It might look a bit strange, with a lot of the missions being set at at optimal California condistions (e.g:sunny, clear skies.) and the occasional reference to the warm weather.

I wonder if the snow this Christmas was kind of a north yankton beta, so they can see what we liked and didn't like about it.

Yeah, they wouldn't have had their devopment team hard at work, making a nice looking snow effect that settles on every surface in the game, just to use for one day of the year. That would be a massive waste of resources and time.

They were making it a single day thing to pull the good and the bad out of it before they release N Y. uno, Cars are too hard to drive, maybe bugs processing it.

i think it's just more testing for their ultimate goal, gta world... eventually GTAO will evolve and include areas with snow and shit... i think we're in for one helluva ride with GTAO in the future... i think we're about to not have down time in between main story games because of the ever-evolving online experience...

also, i don't agree with the north yankton thing right now, that place is way too damn buggy to let people freeroam all over the place... it was clearly not built with that in mind, but now i think they might have to re-consider it... also, the snow theme on christmas might not of taken a lot of time to do since the extra layers and snowfall were already built into the game because of north yankton... i don't think it took a lot of resources to make sure snow texture was covering everything... remember, they built an entire ecosystem on the RAGE with weather and animals in red dead redemption... the tools are already there...

deep snow though, i'd love to see what they can do with that over a city... the snow banks in yankton felt like you were hitting boulders... the deep stuff in the fields were kinda cool, but it was clearly a work in progress...

• Like 2

i think it's just more testing for their ultimate goal, gta world... eventually GTAO will evolve and include areas with snow and shit... i think we're in for one helluva ride with GTAO in the future... i think we're about to not have down time in between main story games because of the ever-evolving online experience...

I hope so, I believe we all do...

I just hope that GTAO eventually has something resembling a story. There is no reason for my character to do any mission after the initial race with Lamar, because there is no storyline giving the missions a point. What is my motivation supposed to be? If I'm living in a penthouse overlooking the entire city and have $2 million in cars sitting in my garage, why the hell would I repo a car for Simeon? Why am I working for Trevor and Ron and not the Aztecas and The Lost? Why was it Lamar that met me at the airport and not a Vago or a Balla who would show me their side of things?

Make it matter, Rockstar. Make my character a protagonist in a story, not a tool with no mind of his own.

• Like 6

So your saying that we will have updates online with possibly new areas? That does sound very entertaining., but what areas are you considering? whatever they may be, I hope everything crosses over into story mode. I could see so many possibilities with that, and if they add and fix things instead of taking them out ( GTA online) then I don't see the need for GTA 6 for quite some time.

I just hope that GTAO eventually has something resembling a story. There is no reason for my character to do any mission after the initial race with Lamar, because there is no storyline giving the missions a point. What is my motivation supposed to be? If I'm living in a penthouse overlooking the entire city and have $2 million in cars sitting in my garage, why the hell would I repo a car for Simeon? Why am I working for Trevor and Ron and not the Aztecas and The Lost? Why was it Lamar that met me at the airport and not a Vago or a Balla who would show me their side of things?

Make it matter, Rockstar. Make my character a protagonist in a story, not a tool with no mind of his own.

Just e-mailed that^ to R*.

^This. (Y) (Y)

Edit: I'll let you know if I receive a reply.

Massy's point is pretty much why I'm not playing GTAO at the moment. I'm not online at the same time as friends and there is no "point" to my character so I'm pretty much hanging out for forum games and new content (that isn't released for only 24 hours on the average person's busiest day of the year).

yeah, im having a hard time coming up with a back ground story for my character as well. Wish they would make it more to what massy is saying. And Bones, what if they were creating or working on the other areas during main development? might be sooner than we think, but then again, your probably right that it is in the distant future.

yeah, im having a hard time coming up with a back ground story for my character as well. Wish they would make it more to what massy is saying. And Bones, what if they were creating or working on the other areas during main development? might be sooner than we think, but then again, your probably right that it is in the distant future.

Same here, most I can come up with is this: he met a deranged gangbanger online, traveled an unknown (potentially large) distance to meet him most likely leaving a life behind, stayed with no insurance, proper home, car or legitimate source of income on the unexplained idea that every crime lord in town wants to buddy up with a man who came into the city dressed like a pilot (high legal work).

If this was a film it would be played by Adam Sandler with Eddie Murphy. And it would be truly shit.

• Like 1

Haha I am afraid that's how most people are too, and they ruined it from the start in that aspect. Why not be able to work for certain factions, and be able to gain their trust and have each one have its perks and down sides. Makes more sense to me. And going on the different areas, id probably want NY to come first, and then LV for sure, and maybe SF down the road more.

But at least there was a story linking the missions together. I don't mind my character being mute, because it would take a lot of time and resources to get a selection of voice actors for different characters. I just want cutscenes and phone calls and whatnot, moving things along and telling me why I should give a shit about these people and their problems.

I like Trevor, but my character, being partially Hispanic, would be a lot more likely to approach the Aztecas for work. He would work for the Vagos over Lamar for the same reason. Hell, give me an alternate start DLC where I'm brought to San Andreas by Ortega, landing at McKenzie Field, and the game starts out in Blaine County, working for the Aztecas.

GTAO needs a major overhaul. It needs a storyline. Keep everyone's character at the same level, but bring them back into the game from the beginning, with multiple starting options, link the current missions with a story, and add a lot more of them.

• Like 2

I'd prefer some sort of story as well tbh. The narrative is way too loose, it makes no sense. Whilst the game is fun, it could be tons better with a gripping narrative.

GTAO is a work In progress, so don't expect it to stay the same for long. There is a lot of unearthed potential, I just hope they jump to next gen soon, to keep it alive and current.

I just want what you would expect from single player with cutscenes like you guys said to make me feel involved and to give a shit. Also, why cant we have friendly NPCs fight alnogside in missions? Why not in 'Going Down On The GOH' cant we have Lamar pulling up and jumping onto the side of the tanker to help? The thing I loved most in the story was the interactivity of the AI in missions, how they would respond to your little actions: your cover, kills and other small things. Without it its sort of ruins the immersion of working for uniqie and vibrant characters when the mission could be for anyone.

Exaclty. Doesn't even have to be a full on story, but a little something to stich everything together with. Running around doing random jobs for people doesn't seem as enjoyable as if there was some sort of story. And I don't see why they couldn't have 50 people come in and do job scripting and random stuff. Would add to the character of your character, if you catch my drift.