NeelReel

GTAO DLC Topic

Sounds like I owe Rockstar an apology.

I'm sorry, Rockstar. When I said that GTAO couldn't possibly be any more of a shitty, uninteresting, desperate cash grab, I genuinely thought that it couldn't. I was wrong. Making people pay to unlock more shit they have to pay for is a pretty clever move.

• Like 3

oh yea, this is by far the biggest cash grab... i'm getting micro-transactioned up the ass here... 100K here, $190K there, next thing you know you are carrying around a custom million dollar sniper rifle with limited (and expensive) incendiary rounds that can only be bought in your mobile lab that you had to buy to unlock the custom weapons lab, which also costs $1M+ as an upgrade to the MOC, which you have to buy a bunker to store the MOC at in the first place...

:rolleyes:...

the money i dropped on this DLC so far will never be returned by playing the game like everyone who grinds this daily will say... it would take me a long time to legit earn $30M, and by then, i'm sure something else expensive will come by and clean me out for good...

• Like 1

They patched the change date to get an empty public session trick, the bastards. Oh well, changing the MTU works.

I think the way they should have handled cargo deliveries was not to have it visible to everyone on the map, because 90% of GTA players are twats who are just going to blow your shit up regardless of profit for them, so nobody wins, it's just one big fuckfest. I think they should have a system whereby it isnt pinged mapwide when you collect/sell product, instead you have to phone Lester to reveal the location of players who are carrying product. Perhaps have it similar to the beast mechanic where it just gives you a general radius for that player which fades over time, making you work to hunt down buyers/sellers. Still, that ain't gonna happen, means we might actually make money from our businesses and reduce R*s profit margin.

Bought the second cheapest bunker by the military base for 1.6 mil, had enough left to get the shitty yellow paintjob and some caddies. Stole a railgun from Humane Labs, made 5,000 profit. Yep, back to selling cars for me.

Edited by ViceMan

my biggest gripe is these wont be released in the creator. 

I thought they were going to eventually. I then realized we don't have the import/export vehicles. But it does have the ruston and other new cars. That came out after the import export. Leads me to believe they will never put this stuff in the creator for deathmatches/captures ect. 

welp, i guess ninja night will have to wait a week...

---------------------

Seems like recent events have taken their toll on Nervous Ron – he’s even more on edge than usual, and looking for a new business partner to help take over his burgeoning smuggling empire in Smuggler’s Run, the next big update to GTA Online, coming next Tuesday, August 29th.

With a name that’s a nod to an early classic from the Rockstar Games catalog, Smuggler’s Run opens up the air corridors above Los Santos and Blaine County, providing new business opportunities while introducing a range of planes, choppers and even ultralights as highly viable options for transporting criminal cargo across the state – simultaneously opening up some creative new methods of dispatching any rival gangs along the way.

Smuggler's Run delivers a massive range of new, customizable aircraft perfect for any mission along with expansive new aircraft hangars in which to stash your fleet of fantastic flying machines. These new properties are also the HQ from which you manage your smuggling business – guided by Nervous Ron and assisted by Charlie, your new mechanic, who’ll take care of your collection of exotic aircraft. 

58cc32d6d218f852db9eba23ac25651c9a7b0c9b

91ff5a4641b359b68f2595ef4065801692b884d9

COMING THIS FALL: TRANSFORM RACES SEAMLESSLY TAKE YOU ACROSS ROADS, SKIES AND SEAS 
Stunt racing in GTA Online had you flipping and carving your way across enormous corkscrews and loops and other crazy tracks, while Special Vehicle Circuit Races harnessed the power and unique characteristics of the Rocket Voltic, Ruiner 2000 and the Blazer Aqua for adrenaline pumping challenges. 

Now, racing in GTA Online will once again be transformed with intricate circuits that demand mastery across air, sea and land vehicles.

New and strategically placed checkpoints will instantly change your vehicle class to match the portion of the course ahead, creating dynamic racing with ever shifting challenges to take the checkered flag…

434d34c65a7c8ea97bcae72e94c28479dd3d9912

PLUS NEW MODES, VEHICLES, HOLIDAY CELEBRATIONS AND MORE
Enjoy a fleet of new aircraft along with a suite of customization options for these aerial additions. There will also be a few new four wheeled vehicles as well - plus new competitive Adversary Modes and of course timely holiday celebrations including fun new stuff for Halloween, the December Holidays and more.

KEEP THE FEEDBACK COMING
The direct feedback we get from the GTA Online community is what helps us tweak, enhance, and improve the huge range of under-the-hood alterations we make with each and every Title Update. Please keep your suggestions coming via the GTA Online feedback page.

• Like 1

looks like next week's crew night theme has changed...

A billionaire tech mogul, an idealistic intelligence agent, a socially awkward conspiracy theorist and a neurotic supercomputer have been forced into an unlikely alliance to save San Andreas from total annihilation. As apocalyptic threats mount from enemies unknown, you and your criminal crew are enlisted to un-tangle mysteries and eradicate threats spanning from the bustling streets of downtown Los Santos to the ocean floor and all the way to the inner depths of Mount Chiliad in an epic new online adventure.

The Doomsday Heist is coming to Grand Theft Auto Online on December 12th.

• Like 2

Yep - jetpacks, flying cars, some shitty looking futuristic tank...quite a snorefest. Won't be returning for this.

(One thing I did see was the Deluxo is making a return, but it'll probably be fitted with dual railguns and a warp drive and cost 7 mil.)

Edited by ViceMan

It could be the last big update, but I don't think they'll stop adding bits here and there... Too much lost profit if they do. Drip feed content will probably carry them into February and then the microtransaction-funded hype train for RDII begins.

I was thinking of coming back and grinding for a Hunter or Nokota, but this has made me completely disinterested.

underground military facility to store all these toys, $1.5M-$4M... garage to upgrade new vehicles, $1M... car, $6M... jetpack, $8M...

lol, i hope it's just a new heist that only requires you all meet up with the doomsday preppers and do the missions to unlock the expensive vehicles to buy... but they've been doing this location, storage, supply running gameplay for quite a while now, so this will probably just be more of the same cash grab drip feed bullshit we've been used to for a while now...

i hope i am wrong tho, it doesn't feel like that style of gameplay...

Everything is just reskinned crates, only partly unique one was I/E. Dunno how crates will factor into this though, perhaps we'll have to steal vanloads of baked beans and other tinned goods for doomsday. It seems like most people will be spending the majority of their freeroam lives underground after this update with the amount of stupid shit in addition to the stupid shit already available. Will we have to buy a new bunker though or will it be an addition to our existing bunkers? I don't know how many bunkers I need or want.

I remembered we have the snow to look forward to over christmas, so I might log in just for that. Probably get boring after 5 minutes of being blown up by jetpacks and rocket artillery though.

i think they learned their lesson from the research thing... gun runners reverted back to the CEO office jobs... although, there's some new weapons and powerful vehicles, seems ripe for a nice research up the ass kind of thing for "customizing" :rolleyes:... who knows anymore with this game...

remember when this game was called "grand theft auto"?

1422.jpg

9 hours ago, ViceMan said:

It could be the last big update, but I don't think they'll stop adding bits here and there... Too much lost profit if they do. Drip feed content will probably carry them into February and then the microtransaction-funded hype train for RDII begins.

From the looks of it they are trying to add almost every GTA vehicle ever into GTAO. There's definitely plenty of vehicles left to add. And people will drool over every single one.

10 hours ago, TreeFitty said:

From the looks of it they are trying to add almost every GTA vehicle ever into GTAO. There's definitely plenty of vehicles left to add. And people will drool over every single one.

people hate it, but the drip feed works for rockstar...

12 hours ago, TreeFitty said:

And they're going to ruin 90% of them by adding pointless weaponry and other gimmicky features to them and charging 3 mil + per vehicle, wish they'd give us the option for a standard version at a reasonable price. I just want to buy nice looking cars without machine guns and jet boosters protruding from every panel.

14 hours ago, CaPn bOnEs said:

remember when this game was called "grand theft auto"?

• Like 1