NeelReel

GTAO DLC Topic

trailer for new DLC...

not sure what to say about it TBH... it looks like more freeroam stuff, a few new cars, a warehouse/office, and yea... the article didn't even have much to say about it...when they said it would be one of their most ambitious add-ons, i guess i expected more...

• Like 1

The new office space looks cool, other than that i really don't see what the fuss is about. Maybe i'm missing something important, but the trailer didnt really catch my eye. I'll watch it again later after work.

Yeah R* have a habit of glorifying mediocre content with over acted out trailers, when in reality, it's just the same usual A to B content. Sounds sad to say that about R*, but GTAO has ruined there reputation to some extent.

nah dup, i didn't see the hype at all... twitter is in a frenzy and it's hysterical to me :lol:... it's just more of the same... and more expensive shit to get you to spend your money on so you have to buy shark cards... this is why we might not ever see another game from them, they're making buttloads of it releasing stuff like this... this will be the downfall of a once great company...

the only cool thing i liked from that trailer was it looks like you can name your headquarters... finally, after two years i can officially create "the richman group", my shady business venture that was aimed for shit like this...

• Like 3

Don't get me wrong, i still want to see which offices you can own and probably will buy one if they arent super high priced. Just because i want that king-pin status, something to sink money in to. But everything else was same old.

Nah I'm hyped for this, here's some of the stuff I noticed

The Windsor is probably a convertible

9Q9AVr.jpg

You can probably see it better here with the picture of the new jet

Ch41yd.jpg

That new jet looks cool, but I wonder if it has a good interior. It also seems smaller than the luxor so it might be easier to land away from airfields.

I also think they updated the Serrano. This new SUV is a Benefactor that seems loosely based on the Mercedes ML or GL, but from the side it kind of looks like an BMW X5 so maybe the Rebla from GTA IV jumped manufacturers

k3zjos.jpg

I also noticed drum magazines on the special carbine, combat PDW, and compact rifle

9HItwV.jpg

vNrj4D.jpg

sjDl4L.jpg

I'm excited about the new super-cars as well, here's another look at the Pegassi Reaper

3Y9r6b.jpg

Then there's this new car. Considering that there's a new Ford GT and there's a Vapid badge at the front of this car, I'm guessing this is a new Bullet

qeqtfm.jpg

This next Grotti looks like it's based on the Ferrari Scaglietti

eylO8i.jpg

I always liked to pretend that my integrity street apartment was my online character's office, but now I don't have to. Here's some caps of the offices.

I wonder what this 3-D map of the city is for, and why the boss is carrying a revolver.

DwKpJX.jpg

I'm guessing our organization's name would go on the plaque above the secretary's desk

7iqvTA.jpg

Would the offices have working helipads?

osfuIu.jpg

This may be a bit of a stretch but I hope that this image of an arsenal means we'd be able to store unused weapons so we don't have to cycle through dozens of handguns before a drive-by.

Mgzs1Y.jpg

In general, these offices look pretty dope.

TQ3Fcn.jpg

AHRoff.jpg

^lol money fridge

These new offroad Rumpos remind me of the van from Saint's Row

gqVw8v.jpg

96nPCy.jpg

The new helicopter looks kinda futuristic but I dig it

SpeDwa.jpg

I wonder how powerful this new truck will be, seems like a tank

XdlRQn.jpg

I know I might set myself up for disappointment, but I hope this is a purchasable cargobob

wjUh1L.jpg

And finally, they added a tugboat.

wJUEEF.jpg

Dunno who asked for this but overall, I think this update is going to be awesome. Seriously guys, even if I'm wrong about the purchasable cargobob, working office helipads, and weapons arsenal, this update is bigger than anything we've got so far this year.

• Like 3

this is why we might not ever see another game from them, they're making buttloads of it releasing stuff like this... this will be the downfall of a once great company...

I warned you niggas. I told you two years ago this shit was coming, and y'all just waved it off like it wasn't true. The writing was on the wall, and y'all just put new wallpaper over it. Warning of hubris came from the high heavens, and y'all just kept on worshipping at the altar of avarice. Motherfucking video game Nostradamus told y'all what was goin' down, and y'all -

*Packs a suitcase and walks out the door, still rambling while disappearing down the street*

• Like 5

lol, i just didn't expect them to abandon the rest of their library... the housers are some greedy/shady mother fuckers...

thanks for the breakdown, dozy... it does look like a lot of stuff, but when the dust settles, it's just gonna be another batch of new vehicles to spend your money on... those special vehicles (cargobob, armored truck, tugboat) will probably only be used during the new "point A to point B" VIP missions... the new headquarters looks cool tho, that's certainly my only interest here, because i don't need another damn super car...

• Like 2

I'm more optimistic about the future of GTA tbh. T2 announced last month that shark card sales have generated $500 million since GTA Online went live 2.5 years ago, but GTA V made a billion in just 3 short days! Rockstar would be mad to rely GTAO going forward. Then there's the fact that GTA has traditionally been a single-player game.

In early September last year, the director of design at R* North stated that GTAO had 8 million active players. A few weeks before that, T2 said that GTA V had sold 54 million copies since launch! So GTAO isn't as big a success as R* claims and they definitely know this.

Don't get me wrong, GTAO is definitely here to stay. It's just that it won't be the end of GTA as we know it and we'll definitely get awesome single player experiences in the future. According to Leslie Benzies himself, the Housers didn't care about GTAO during its development. Besides, Sam Houser seems obsessed with paying homage to his favorite movies through his games and he wouldn't be able to pull that off in an online game.

We'll have to wait and see, but I'm not going to believe GTA is dead just yet.

It's far from dead. It's just become a commercial cashcow rather than what we used to expect from a GTA experience, but business is business i guess.

T2 CEO did state that GTAO wont be here for ever, they will close eventually. I hope that they make a GTAO 2 though with the experience they have learnt from this one, and keep single player seperate next time.

• Like 1

I'm more optimistic about the future of GTA tbh. T2 announced last month that shark card sales have generated $500 million since GTA Online went live 2.5 years ago, but GTA V made a billion in just 3 short days! Rockstar would be mad to rely GTAO going forward. Then there's the fact that GTA has traditionally been a single-player game.

In early September last year, the director of design at R* North stated that GTAO had 8 million active players. A few weeks before that, T2 said that GTA V had sold 54 million copies since launch! So GTAO isn't as big a success as R* claims and they definitely know this.

Nearly $200 million per year is more than most game companies can hope for, unless you have a cheap but popular pile of shit like GTAO or CoD. The billion they made from the real game is very rare in the game industry, and not something that's likely to be repeated until GTA VI or TES VI.

Also, World of Warcraft is, and will likely always be, the most popular and successful MMO on the market, and they were down to 5.5 million players, as of a year or so ago. At peak, I believe they were somewhere in the neighborhood of 12 million. 8 million people still playing GTAO (as of a year ago, anyway) is a pretty big deal. It's extremely successful, especially in a world where there's a new online game taking the world by storm, every other month. Overwatch is immensely popular right now, and it's just a cheap team-based shooter made from the scraps of a canceled MMO. Online games that aren't MMOs are extremely easy to make, and extremely lucrative. It's basically a miracle that GTAO is still so popular.

8 million may be a lot for online games, but considering that at the same time they had sold 54 million copies, it's clear that single-player is what brings in the masses. They're not going to let that part of GTA go to shit is what I mean.

Every game with both a singleplayer and online component sells tons more copies than it has online players. It's due to a combination of people who appreciate a story, people who don't have high speed internet access (a shocking number of them), people who simply don't want to be shot at by teenagers when they're trying to have actual fun, and several other things. Primarily, though, it comes down to jaded gamers with ADHD. They buy a game, play it once, and never touch it again. It's safe to say that most gamers are like this. That's why there are so many shitty annual titles.

Rockstar was never in a hurry about getting the next GTA out, even before they sold their souls for shark card money. GTA VI will be coming eventually, but GTAO or no GTAO, it won't be anytime soon.

Yeah it is the biggest update. I just hope it has replayability.

Here's the potential panoramic office space in Maze Bank.

A8oQz1n.jpg

i'm hoping the interiors for these headquarters all look a bit different... not all the buildings are gonna have that same window setup seen in the trailer and on this building... i'm tired of all the locations looking exactly the same, but makes me even wonder why they fetch different prices when there's nothing special about the one for 100K more...

i'm calling it now, so we don't all buy the same one, but i want the arcadius one if it exists... that's where richman group is based out of B)...

yup, i'm guessing at least $10m... if the interiors vary, perhaps we'll see some tiered options... also, perhaps there's interior options like the penthouses?? i mean, the yacht was customizable, and the penthouses had themes... we could see that here...

i think it comes with more than just an office tho... i feel like you might have to buy a warehouse too?? that map they're looking at, i was wondering if those were rival warehouses and the green one was your warehouse...