Sign in to follow this  
PigeonKient

Australian Football League!

Anyone here follow AFL (Australian Football League)? If so who do you go for and who would you want to win the grand final? :)

Edited by bOnEs
- topic name change
  • Like 1

I actually watched an AFL game in Auckland a long time ago. I only remember it because a player was watching a high ball and ran full speed into a goal post, knocking him out... AFL is a mental game and can be fun to watch, rugby on the other hand is fucking boring.

Rugby League is better IMO - I would love to see how some NFL players would go playing league...

Don't talk about rugby around Aussies - they hate being reminded there is something NZ is better than them at...

I actually watched an AFL game in Auckland a long time ago. I only remember it because a player was watching a high ball and ran full speed into a goal post, knocking him out... AFL is a mental game and can be fun to watch, rugby on the other hand is fucking boring.

Rugby League is better IMO - I would love to see how some NFL players would go playing league...

Don't talk about rugby around Aussies - they hate being reminded there is something NZ is better than them at...

SHEEP SHAGER!!! I'm sorry..... <_<

k ,changed the name properly... i just didn't want people to get confused since there seems to be several different versions of football, played in several different countries...

I'll be a dick once more... It's the : Australian Football League (AKA: AFL) You did good mate.

It's the dance these insane cunts do. Gives them some kind of super samoan power

RLand.jpg

• Like 1

I've always thought Samoan's were pretty awesome. Genetically built quite round but still have excellent cardio for their size.

Seriously, the all blacks are awesome and a force to be reckoned with. I was always one of the fat cunt in PE that used to hang back and sprint forward and take out whoever broke past the line, as a large fearless gent, i'd think twice about dealing with any member of that lineup.

About time another footy fan showed up! No points for guessing my favourite team. I picked the Cats for the flag before the start of the finals and I'm looking pretty shaky atm but I'll stick with them. Kennett curse carries on next week, the Dockers get over the Swans (barely) and the Cats atone for whatever the hell they put up at Simonds last week in the Grand Final.

AFL is the worst thing about living in Melbourne, it's all they ever talk about. It's such a scrappy game as well. Whenever the players get close together it's like they're playing hot potato so they don't get stuck with the ball.

Luckily the seasons nearly over

Everything else about Melbourne is awesome. I love the climate and the wages plus the general dynamic of the city. I can put up with the AFL for all that.

I've found a bar that'll plays rugby union in the weekend as well which makes things better

Sadly, I'm a Brisbane Bears Lions fan. One day, we'll play exciting footy again. One day...

I hope the Dockers can get up in the GF (if they make it), but I think they don't have the big game experience of the other 3 teams.

P.S, Darth Sexy, if I recall correctly, is a Bombers fan. Which might be why we haven't seen him around in a while. :unsure:

The Lions aren't terrible, they just mucked up the start of their rebuild. I think they've got some good things going for them but I don't really see them right now as a potential top 4 side in the next 3-5 years.

• Like 1