Jizzy

Midnight release.

Or get the game on the 15th, play it for two days, go to the midnight release anyway and make a scene when the cashier can't find your order :P

Or get the game on the 15th, play it for two days, go to the midnight release anyway and make a scene when the cashier can't find your order :P

Everyone there knows me. It's the gamestop I used to work at :P So that wouldn't work. Plus our Midnight release will be having a DJ, And 2 girls will come rolling up in Los Santos police outfits taking "lucky people out of line for a mugshot and prizes. Plus PIZZA! :D

I met the two girls yesterday as they were talking to the store manager on how he wanted everything done come the 17th. And they were hot :). They might have even been hired by Rockstar too. I forgot to ask.

• Like 1

If you have school the next morning, you're clearly too young ("legally") to play the game. I've got to get my son up at 7:30am and take him to school, and i will be playing all night ;)
Don't forget to organise his cereal and uniform before midnight. Saves you time in the morning ;)
That sounds like a pro tip. This isn't your first rodeo, is it, Barry? :)

In other news, Rockstar have posted a Midnight Launch Locator on the Newswire. Appears to be North America and UK only, sorry others...

Edited by MrMister81

i have been corrected by my frend that get there at 9:00 is alot shorter wait so i will leve my house a 8:00 and get there at 9:00 i herard gamestops going to give a way some of the gtav advertisement items like posters, boxes,baners that sort of stuff.

Looks like my Gamestop is getting one of those special treatment things too. I wonder why.... considering my city isn't listed there...

A cage full of boxes. Wait. Are they gtas?

:yes: At least 600 copies in that one cage. There were more too.

Whats it like to be so close but you still can't have it?

I can't imagine the install (the 8 GB one from the disk) on the PS3 will take any longer then 10 to 15 minutes. Skyrim was a little less the 5 GB and it seemed to only take about 5 to 8 minutes. Maybe I am wrong, I never timed it.

Whats it like to be so close but you still can't have it? I can't imagine the install (the 8 GB one from the disk) on the PS3 will take any longer then 10 to 15 minutes. Skyrim was a little less the 5 GB and it seemed to only take about 5 to 8 minutes. Maybe I am wrong, I never timed it.

the ps3 only has 1 disk, so instead of 8gb you need to install the full 16gb

Whats it like to be so close but you still can't have it? I can't imagine the install (the 8 GB one from the disk) on the PS3 will take any longer then 10 to 15 minutes. Skyrim was a little less the 5 GB and it seemed to only take about 5 to 8 minutes. Maybe I am wrong, I never timed it.

the ps3 only has 1 disk, so instead of 8gb you need to install the full 16gb

Nope, its just 8

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/09/10/reminder-gta-5-requires-an-8-gb-installation-on-ps3-and-360/

Edited by calimann83

My dilemma is either letting it install go to sleep till 5am and play for roughly 40 mins before work or just sleep and come home during lunch and play. Why couldn't rockstar jut release it this weekend. It would make this decision easier.

I will be showing up 8 at and I will be forum watching and chatting until the release hope my phone doesn't die ... Sony better release that game mode for the pulse elites really soon or someone is gonna pay Trevor style

No midnight releases for me seeing how I'll be working that night.. I just hope that by the time I've arrived home and caught a couple of hours of sleep, the game will be delivered to me already.. Somehow, I have a feeling the post office is going to screw up and I'll only get it 1 or 2 days after the release though.. <_<

Fortunately I've got Monday and Tuesday off before I have to go back to work, not to mention that I'm working on the 11p-7a shift for the next three weeks so I'll have plenty of time to play Wednesday, too.

Fixing to go to my local Gamestop and pay for the pre-order I made, so hopefully I'll be able to avoid a lot of the hassle at midnight.

Yeah, swing by or just call them. My local EB Games is also opening early on Tuesday morning, doors open at 7am for people that can't go at midnight.

I always get a call from some perky, female recording from Gamestop, telling me there's a midnight release. My Gamestop has midnight releases for everything.

I just checked messages, she called me too. Cheating whore.