Jizzy

Midnight release.

Mods can move this wherever they like, didn't know where to put it.

This will be my first midnight release, and I don't know what time to go, how to be about it, how early to show up, the social rules..

Fill me in on how it works?

I'm going to gamestop

the GTA5 section is a good enough place :D... i was gonna show up a couple hours early because a friend is tagging along... otherwise i would show up about an hour or so early... the line will move fast at midnight...

i just paid off my pre-order and i will be attending the midnight release... perhaps some of us can share those pics at the scene if you feel so bold to take one... i might post one or two on facebook ;)... this will be my 5th midnight release, my very first one was GTAIV, go figure... then RDR, LA Noire and AC3... i showed up at midnight for AC3, i wasn't in that big of a rush...

but fancy that, 4 out of 5 of those are R* games... i won a standee at the LA noire release, i wonder what they're giving away at the GTAV one... i spotted a few cube displays that looked pretty sweet... i hope it's those...

• Like 2

Charge your phone, bring a drink*, show up at ten, try to find someone cool to talk to.

At Gamestop, they might divide you into groups based on what order people arrived, in order to speed things up. This is stupid and doesn't speed things up at all, though it doesn't really slow them down, either.

*If you're going to be waiting outside. Sometimes they let you wait inside, sometimes not.

I cannot understand the whole midnight release thing. Seems like a major pain the in the ass. Plus, but the time you get the game home your gonna be all tired and shit and not feel good. Who wants to play a game in that state?

• Like 4

I cannot understand the whole midnight release thing. Seems like a major pain the in the ass. Plus, but the time you get the game home your gonna be all tired and shit and not feel good. Who wants to play a game in that state?

Me! By the time I get home I'd be wide awake and pumped to play for atleast 8 hours or so... I waited 5 years, whats a few extra hours awake going to hurt... Plus I'm a night owl.

But sadly I wont be going to midnight release. I ordered from R* warehouse. They promised release day delivery...

• Like 1

That feel when you probably won't get it a day or 2 after release :/

Dude dont even say that... I already couldnt help but watching leaked vid already. I dont want to be spoiled. I wont be able to resist the internets for that long!!!

i took the rest of the week off... i will probably take a nap around 8am and continue on until 3 am... then get in a more proper sleeping state and get up at 8 the rest of the week and play until 3 am... i've tried to map it all out...

• Like 4

First midnight release for me too... I am just hoping I don't get heisted on the way home....

I have been told that there will be a bar open and they will have activities (fuck knows what though). I will probably turn up around 11:30pm. They assured me that I would be one of the first called up because I have a customer loyalty card (which is levelled up) and I am getting the CE. I will be pissed if I am at the end of a giant queue.

And I have a week off work so I don't give a fuck about sleeping... I will play until the early hours then eat, nap, smoke dope and start again...

• Like 3

Open bar? Wtf kinda gamestore do you shop at...

It's in a mall next to a movie theatre and a couple of bars that will be open - about 4 or 5 Auckland stores are doing the launch from the one location...

I think it is mostly a social experience thing. You are going to hang around a bunch of people who are excited about the same thing as you, creates a feeling of community. I did it for IV but I probably wont bother with it again. I'll be getting it whenever Amazon (or FedEx really) feels like getting it to me on the 17th. I wish I could take the week off but I just can't.

This will be my fourth midnight, my first was RDR. I live in the suburbs so there's seriously a GameStop like every 5 miles, so I'm not too worried about a log wait. Ill probably show up about quarter after 11 with a redbull and rocking my R* shirt, jizzrag at the ready. I too got the whole week off besides Monday so I'm not worried at all about fucking my sleep schedule up, worth it.

Personally, I'm going to the midnight release solely because I'll have another 7 hours to play it before I have anything to do that day.

Good enough reason as any

I'll be there around 8 and since I'm going to the gamestop I used to work at. I'll just hang inside with the staff and get my copy right at 12.

Ugh you guys are so lucky, I don't get my copy till 3-6pm on the 17th.

Same Mate. My retailer said they would call me when it is available. I think I will be calling them in the morning. wont get to play it till after work. depending on how long that install takes.

• Like 1

Maybe early?

Possibly. Wouldn't feel right showing up all the people waiting outside while I go strolling out with my collectors edition an hour early.