Sign in to follow this  
Imnotokay17

Forum Topics... Getting Locked

I decided to make a new topic in the Entertainment section of the forums. It was simply to find the Metalheads so I may befriend them, discuss Metal, etc. But it was instantly locked.

I looked and I saw that there is only one topic for each genre of music. Why? Isn't that kind of limiting?

Yes, it's limiting. It's also intentional. I don't care what fans of current rap think, and they don't care what people with good taste in music think, because they're busy being stupid. Best to keep them separated.

For this reason, we will not have a general music discussion topic.

Okay.. Isn't THAT a bit ignorant? I mean, I'm not much of a fan of Rap but they should be able to discuss rap if they'd like. By this logic, we should have specific movie genre threads too..

One thread with a hundred people commenting on it about completely different things... That isn't really a fun discussion. Sometimes people would like to talk about a certain bands new album or what this rap artist is doing or which record company that band signed to. You know?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Okay, I get that there are certain places for certain things and all. That's fine. But I mean.. Instead of just locking a thread without the author even getting a chance to explain his reasoning for opening a thread, could we at least get a Mod message? Or can they just let us move it to a different part of the forum so it can still go on? I've literally gotten three topics closed already for (What seems to me) not much of a good reason.

Okay.. Isn't THAT a bit ignorant? I mean, I'm not much of a fan of Rap but they should be able to discuss rap if they'd like. By this logic, we should have specific movie genre threads too..

One thread with a hundred people commenting on it about completely different things... That isn't really a fun discussion. Sometimes people would like to talk about a certain bands new album or what this rap artist is doing or which record company that band signed to. You know?

with your logic, we'd have a couple dozen dead threads where no one talks about anything... why not get the people together, who like to talk about metal, into one topic, no matter what style, and talk about, well... metal music...??

*mind blown*

Bones; Because Metal doesn't work that way.

Tree; Why were they moved in the first place? One's about music and another is about topics being locked for no apparent reason.

Con; I believe this is the first time I've met you, hello. So far you and Mass seem to be the only sensible mods I can talk to...

'Fraid not. Ten years on these sites, and no one's pissed me off yet.

No one pays attention to the rules. I'll have plenty of time to get back to my old self in the next few weeks. The noobs get worse and worse.

Con; Yes. I'm promoting everyone. You're a mod, you're a mod..

And you're a mod. Lets start some shit.

For all you know, I could be the Admin of six forums websites. The term "Noob" doesn't really fit when talking about behavior. Unless they're twelve, which I am not.