Pieface

What is Your Favourite GTA?

Grand Theft Auto  

175 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i loved san andreas will always be the best, but then the tbogt was just fucking insane with picking up those babes and shagin the shit out of them, but what more can ya say

Right, you know if I am really honest but I think that Grand Theft Auto: Vice City was the best, it set the city scene, but also set a brilliant landscape.

Gta IV, because even if SA was really awesome, I think that this is the most distant from the spirit of GTA.

The "spirit of GTA" is crime and having fun. SA included crime, and the most fun in my opinion.

More on topic, this is why I love San Andreas over any others:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJv5nbcAT_A

I just love the themes, setting and atmosphere included.

My preferred GTA activity is GTA 4 because I liked the tale, Multi-player,

the design, tasks and the people. btw I have performed vice town and every other activity after that.

Tell me your preferred GTA and why?

Vice City, you can obviously see from my pic and signature

Best setting imo, absolutely personified 86.

I prefer San Andreas. GTA 3 has a special place in my heart though.

About GTA1 and 2, They were great games back then, they haven't aged too well though.

Toss up between Vice City & GTA4.

Vice City is just so, boss. So much good pop-culture references, allusions to mobster & mafia movies like Goodfellas and Scarface, Ray Liotta himself owning it as Tommy, a great cinematic commercial set to "I Ran" by Flock of Seagulls (which I still think of every single time I hear that song), Lovefist, and just so much Win. And, it has an *awesome* soundtrack and fucking hilarious radio spots/content (sissy spritz, anyone?) (but I am biased since I have a huge connection with 80s pop culture). The story line is tightly written, the environments and NPCs are great, and overall its just so spot on to the 80s.

Niko's story in 4, however, is...whoa. THAT storyline, in my opinion, was way better than most of the other games. The voice acting for him, like Tommy, is superb, and you can actually care about and relate to the character, the fucked up situations he's in, and his moral standing. Plus, who doesn't love a shitfaced Niko screaming "TAXI!" then falling down like a goddamned rag doll while a jamaican man speaks shit you really cant fucking understand?

Rockstar delivered well with GTA4, and after writing as good a script as Rockstar San Diego came up with for Red Dead Redemption, I have high hopes for GTA V blowing them all away as it takes us back to Los Santos.

I also liked IV a lot, the story was deep and engaging But the only thing people seem to remember from IV is that there was nothing to do, which is a shame.

I also liked IV a lot, the story was deep and engaging But the only thing people seem to remember from IV is that there was nothing to do, which is a shame.

I just dusted it off and popped it back in a few hours ago and started a new game. Already having fun lol. Plus, it has TLATD & BOGT to sweeten the deal!

I think the acclaim arose from the overwhelming verisimilitude of the city, which at that time was unprecedented. Although our standards have gone up since then (Red Dead Redemption goes way beyond what GTA IV offered), it's still impressive.

It's hard for me at least to go back to San Andreas. The look is so dated.

Same, I thought it would be hard to go back to SA after playing GTA IV and RDR, and generally PS3 for so long. However, once I played a few missions I got so into it and just loved it. Games are definitely about the gameplay, not the physics and graphics.

The story was excellent, right up there with Vice City and San Andreas in my opinion.

The story was excellent, right up there with Vice City and San Andreas in my opinion.

I thought the story started off well, then just got a bit dull to be honest. Unless you mean TBOGT and TLAD?

TBoGT was the best of the IV era imo, so action packed yet it still made sense. It was more about fun than seriousness, which was the main focus of IV and TLAD.

I thought the story started off well, then just got a bit dull to be honest. Unless you mean TBOGT and TLAD?

The story as a whole, if you were to put all 3 DLC's in chronological order.

I liked TLAD best though, Johnny was a great character and the bike handling was modified so a small ledge didn't have you off your bike, couple that with a great story.