underthecouchstudio

Official Website Update 09/06/2013

d03CF78.jpg

Holy shit, i had to take like 6 double takes on this photo. it looks like RL

re: RL

Spectacular isn't it?

That's why we call it "photo-real" in the TV and VFX for film biz.

The artists can freelance for projects between companies nowdays,

graphics 2D and 3D software and CG has gotten so good.

Not just proprietary software like Nuke and Shake anymore.

They go from Visual Effects for film, then to games, then back to VFX, etc.

They have a great career! Get involved, go to school for it while you're young.

I'm just an engineer but have met some really cool people working in Los Angeles.

• Like 2

^ Especially Lighting Technicians/artists. They work in all kinds of CG in films, animations & games. Very sought after in the games industry at the moment. A lot of the photo realistism in GTA V comes from lighting. They've learnt from the GTA IV graphic mods, and really done something special with the lighting in GTA V. Every moment of the day has a certain mood that accompanies it, and that's only something an amazing lighting artists can execute! Makes me jealous, i know a bit, i took a masterclass just in lighting, but i wish i learnt even more in Uni than i did, it's really quite an interesting area.

• Like 3

Has anyone else noticed that it's Liberty City at the beginning of the video?

You're right, it's Algonquin ( without any NPC's in it ).

Algonquin_zps37b81786.png

Also, the Ammunation Ad showed a few new weapons. Like ~

~ Nunchakus

~ Shuriken

~ a Spiked Knuckle Duster

~ and a Machete

Should be fun testing these new weapons out on random peds...

lets not forget that game often have guns shown that you can't actualy buy or use, so i'll take it with abit of salt

• Like 1

Has anyone else noticed that it's Liberty City at the beginning of the video?

You're right, it's Algonquin ( without any NPC's in it ).

Algonquin_zps37b81786.png

Also, the Ammunation Ad showed a few new weapons. Like ~

~ Nunchakus

~ Shuriken

~ a Spiked Knuckle Duster

~ and a Machete

Should be fun testing these new weapons out on random peds...

lets not forget that game often have guns shown that you can't actualy buy or use, so i'll take it with abit of salt

But this game will have more weapons then ever so I think they'll be available.

^ Especially Lighting Technicians/artists. They work in all kinds of CG in films, animations & games. Very sought after in the games industry at the moment. A lot of the photo realistism in GTA V comes from lighting. They've learnt from the GTA IV graphic mods, and really done something special with the lighting in GTA V. Every moment of the day has a certain mood that accompanies it, and that's only something an amazing lighting artists can execute! Makes me jealous, i know a bit, i took a masterclass just in lighting, but i wish i learnt even more in Uni than i did, it's really quite an interesting area.

Lighters and Shaders. All part of the team.

At Digital Domain in Venice Beach the VFX Supervisors, artists, and animators

move from films like Spiderman and Ironman to games like GTA and Fallout easily.

My closest friend Carlos worked on Thor and then moved to one of the Madden football games for EA.

You should still pursue it DuPz!

• Like 1

Look what it says in the GTA V japanese site in music and entertainment... http://www.rockstarg...d-entertainment

Dwarf Head Cheese is not actually a cheese but a meat jelly made with flesh from the decapitated head of a pig with dwarfism. The body parts used varies from cheese to cheese, but the tongue, eyes, ears, and brain may all be included. The meat is thoroughly chopped, stuffed into the pig's pint-sized stomach, pricked with needles, then pressed down with weights to drain excess fat. After the dwarfwurst is boiled, it can be cut into slices and served as an intriguing amuse-bouche or spread across crusty bread for a tasty, carnivorous midnight snack.

Really weird.

WTF that's some psychopathic shit right there.

I love the way they depict the officers of LS.. They remind me of Reno 911 :clap:

I'm really hoping R* does their own version of that show for the in-game tv..

What about "The Underbelly of Paradise"? Also, I'm very keen for the return of "Moorehead Rides Again"! And I do prefer thin girls.

• Like 1

Lovely Accommodations

Sponsored by the Blaine County Board of Tourism – watch their new commercial ‘My Blaine County’ – and browse a range of living options to suit your lifestyle from single-family homes in the heart of Los Santos, to rural mobile trailers in Blaine to a dream mini-mansion in Rockford Hills.

Sightseeing & Celebrity

Faded starlets, troubled celebutantes and aggressive, costumed street performers - you never know who you're going to bump into on Vinewood Boulevard. Come see the sights and sounds for yourself, or jump aboard the Vinewood Star Tours bus to have a struggling actor narrate as you take a guided tour of the landmarks and homes of the rich and famous while sitting on an un-airconditioned bus.

24-Hour Conveniences Stores

You'll find the roads of Los Santos and Blaine County packed with accommodating convenience and liquor stores, open around the clock for your last minute needs. Stop into your local 24/7, LTD service station or Rob's liquor store - the tills are always filled with cash to serve you.

Opportunity for the Upwardly Mobile

This is a land of great opportunity. Cash is king in these parts - and ambitious and hard-working business people can make some big bucks if they know the right people and the right enterprise to get hooked up with…

Lovely Accommodations

Sponsored by the Blaine County Board of Tourism – watch their new commercial ‘My Blaine County’ – and browse a range of living options to suit your lifestyle from single-family homes in the heart of Los Santos, to rural mobile trailers in Blaine to a dream mini-mansion in Rockford Hills.

Sightseeing & Celebrity

Faded starlets, troubled celebutantes and aggressive, costumed street performers - you never know who you're going to bump into on Vinewood Boulevard. Come see the sights and sounds for yourself, or jump aboard the Vinewood Star Tours bus to have a struggling actor narrate as you take a guided tour of the landmarks and homes of the rich and famous while sitting on an un-airconditioned bus.

24-Hour Conveniences Stores

You'll find the roads of Los Santos and Blaine County packed with accommodating convenience and liquor stores, open around the clock for your last minute needs. Stop into your local 24/7, LTD service station or Rob's liquor store - the tills are always filled with cash to serve you.

Opportunity for the Upwardly Mobile

This is a land of great opportunity. Cash is king in these parts - and ambitious and hard-working business people can make some big bucks if they know the right people and the right enterprise to get hooked up with…

Thanks!!

Bigger Than World Peace

"During a 3 hour concert the other night, 30 minutes of which were spent performing and the other 2 and a half hours spent preaching about how he’s the most important American icon of our time – rapper MC Clip told the audience that he is now going to stop the war, whatever that means.

“In the long run, I’ll have a greater effect on humanity. I’m a singer, producer, intellectual, fashion designer, philosopher, poet, billionaire… I’m taking so many things to a different level simultaneously. Forget triple threat or quadruple threat. They ain’t invented a big enough ‘ruple’ for me yet. I don’t compete against other people. It’s pointless. I compete against myself, and when I compete against myself, everyone wins. The only regret I have is that I wasn't the first man on Earth because imagine how much further along the human race would be. We’d be running the universe by now instead of still trying to get a hotel built on the moon. I’m living proof that you don’t need to read no books to be a genius. I blog in all CAPS, baby!”

Is MC Clip the most odious, deluded megalomaniac who ever lived? Should we really be glorifying his messages of narcissism, misogyny and materialism to impressionable young teenagers just to sell magazines? Can I still in my heart of hearts call myself a journalist? So many questions, and only West Coast Classics has the answers. Stay tuned!"

wcc-peek.jpg

This guy has to be be based on Kanye West :D ...