JamieMilne

First Hands On Preview

On one of the screenshots the crew is standing together and Michael has some sort of pistol. Does anyone know what pistol it was? Also it was nickel-plated which makes me think that that might be one of the customization options

The Cops sound like they're a lot tougher than they were in GTA lV.

And this makes me wonder, is this a good thing or a bad thing? ( gameplay wise )

i was playing iv yesterday so it might be a bad thing.

Them being a challenge sounds good in theory. For instance having to make a plan for how you're going to deal with them ( tactics & strategy ). Like having better weapons and equipment before engaging with them, and having a getaway route, or a good defensive position to fall back to.

But it could get annoying if you're just screwing around ( fighting NPC's or simulating a "Demolition Derby" in heavy traffic ), and are then put down efficiently by the coppers in under a minute on just a 2-3 Star Wanted Level...

For an average gamer like myself, the checkpoint system is a big plus. And the weapons system sounds good too....

I am just wondering how I am going to fap and play the game at the same time...

• Like 1

And this makes me wonder, is this a good thing or a bad thing? ( gameplay wise )

Them being a challenge sounds good in theory. For instance having to make a plan for how you're going to deal with them ( tactics & strategy ). Like having better weapons and equipment before engaging with them, and having a getaway route, or a good defensive position to fall back to.

But it could get annoying if you're just screwing around ( fighting NPC's or simulating a "Demolition Derby" in heavy traffic ), and are then put down efficiently by the coppers in under a minute on just a 2-3 Star Wanted Level...

i doubt they have changed it that much, from reading the preview they mentioned they hang back more in this, the biggest thing this will do is make aiming for them harder to do, which make battles last longer and give them more chance to kill you instead.

in the mind set of making small changes like that, i expect they will be more competant on dealing with a speeding car aswell this time around, it could be very good.

part of a trail mentions 2 ways of doing a heist job, slow and clever/smart or fast and dumb, sounds to me like abit more input is placed on certain missions instead of the "do this, do that" layout gta has had in the past. if that is the case then how you go about the mission may include dealing with cops in a different way in one mission and another in a different mission.

one thing i liked about gta sa was every now and then you would see a cop car chasing someone else, i thought that was a nice touch

The stubble is good for Michael, can't wait for this game. But the ign article does have some early game spoilers in regards to missions.

Thank You.

*doesn't click*

And like many others have already said, Damnnn! That view is so pretty. :wub::drool:

San Andreas eat your heart out.

Say what you will about IGN, but I'm really looking forward to the article on Thursday about how they crammed so much content on one disc. From everything we've heard, it just seems too good to be true. Either way, we'll know for sure in a couple weeks.

Say what you will about IGN, but I'm really looking forward to the article on Thursday about how they crammed so much content on one disc. From everything we've heard, it just seems too good to be true. Either way, we'll know for sure in a couple weeks.

If you even followed GTA youd know its so big its gonna take 2 discs for 360 1 to download and one to play and 1 on PS3

Wow. The night shot behind the Vinewood sign looking down onto the city is awesome

Edit: Finished reading the article just now, and even though it did spoil a few things, I don't care. This game looks to be the best GTA ever and put San Andreas to shame.

Nothing,will ever put san andreas to shame.

San Andreas was a great game, but you may need to consider peering over your rose-tinted glasses...

Wow. The night shot behind the Vinewood sign looking down onto the city is awesome

Edit: Finished reading the article just now, and even though it did spoil a few things, I don't care. This game looks to be the best GTA ever and put San Andreas to shame.

Nothing,will ever put san andreas to shame.

San Andreas was a great game, but you may need to consider peering over your rose-tinted glasses...

I later said that i agree gta5 will be better no doubt,but i dont like people now saying or implying "SA SUKS!!!"

On a related note: I noticed that the article was remarkably vague... They don't really go into much detail on much. Either they're trying not to spoil anything, or the writer is lousy.

Yeah I really hated how the article was written. Its okay to be flowery with your wording, but this guy went overboard. The article bored me and didn't really get me excited at all.

On a related note: I noticed that the article was remarkably vague... They don't really go into much detail on much. Either they're trying not to spoil anything, or the writer is lousy.

The IGN Reviewers haven't really gotten into the meat of the game yet. The final review will be a lot better once they've had a proper un-restricted playthrough of the game.

Once they have explored the world, used the new game mechanics, played the side missions and activities, driven more of the cars/ helicopters/ planes and submarines ( and upgraded them ), bought some properties and businesses, invested in stock, gotten more weapons ( and customized them to suit their personal playstyle ), gotten haircuts and tattoos, bought more clothes, watched TV, had a look at the in-game Internet, listened to the Radio, listened to the new Ambient Score during fights with the cops/ gangs ( or when hunting in Blaine County's Wilderness ), participated in illegal street races, off-road ATV/ Motocross races, Speed Boat/ Jet-Ski Races, Ran/ Swam and Cycled in Triathlons, done some Most Wanted missions, and Assassination Missions, explored the shipwrecks and coral reefs under the sea ( avoiding sharks ), taken a Katana to a Bear, Sky-Dived out of Helicopters and Planes, Base-Jumped off of buildings, bridges and cliffs, played Tennis and Golf ( plus there are probably more sports like B-Ball ). As well as many other things we don't even know about yet.

And at the end of the Review they will declare that GTA V is not only the best game this year, but THE BEST GAME EVER!!!

• Like 2

But remember they have the cone of vision and range sound. So evading will be easy

In case anyone's interested, I found an article that gives a pretty good summary from all the hands on previews, including the non-English ones.

• Like 4

After reading that, I'm definitely beginning to wonder how this game is current gen. It just doesn't seem possible.

seriously. Im tired of waiting