Sign in to follow this  
rm80rams

iGTA Fantasy Football League

The topic to talk about the iGTA FFL, which just drafted today. So let's get started. In my opinion, I think I drafted pretty fucking good for the last overall pick. Here are the draft grades, projected record, and draft position according to Yahoo:

Tonowanda Kardex (MrMister)- B+, 13-1, 1*

The Qs (Qdeathstar)- B, 8-6, 5*

Bones' Team (self explanatory)- B, 8-6, 4

Alpha's Team (Gunsmith?)- B, 10-4, 3*

The Rams (rm80rams)- B-, 7-7, 8

Black and Whites (Brian)- C+, 6-8, 2**

Los Ostrichos (Ostrich Boy)- C-, 3-11, 7

Ginger Bosax (Ginginho)- D, 1-13, 6*

*= Autodraft

**= Partial autodraft

As you see, justice has not been served. The top 3 picks were on at least partial auto draft and the last wasn't :no: , not to mention 3 of the top 4 projected records. Anyways, that's the overview of the iGTA FFL. Oh, and one last thing, The Rams will finish 13-1 and win the league in the regular season and playoffs. Not even bullshitting you.

• Like 2

Auto draft is fucking stupid. Someone got a kicker in the fifth and every auto drafter has two defenses.

my team will kill all...

Bitch please. You got no TE, two receivers that won't get many targets, and one who just got a big contract which certainly means his production will decrease. The Rams and their best receivers in the league gonna stomp yo ass week 1.

Your team in my view:

RBs:

Spiller- Great pick. I would almost take him over AP.

Foster- Due for a dropoff. Production has decreased yearly since 2010 and he has had too much of a workload

Gore- At the dreaded age of 30, with younger backs looking to take away some carries.

McFadden- That O Line and the QB situation is absolutely dreadful and he won't do shit, even if he is healthy. A back is only as good as his line and the guy throwing him passes.

QB:

Brady seems like a great pick, but his production won't be much higher than later picks like Stafford, Romo and RG3, who you happen to have.

TE:

Miller was a reach and isn't healthy and Martellus Bennett will be non existent in fantasy terms

WRs:

Thomas will lose targets to Welker and Decker. Not worthy of a #1 pick

Cruz just got himself a big contracts. Receivers coming off contract years are always over drafted and never reach expectations.

Nelson is arguably the third best receiver on his team, and GB will rely on the run more this year with Lacy, Starks and Franklin.

Kickers and defenses are top tier, but those are never game changing positions.

Overall you have a fairly good team, but the lack of a serious game changer at WR and lack of an even adequate TE is alarming. Great, now you made me take a fun, light hearted thing in fantasy football and go all serious and technical. Thanks. ;)

One more note on your bench: Probably the best out of all the teams. RG3 is some serious value as a backup and the trio of Givens, Austin and Thompkins at WR could give you some playmakers on bye weeks for your starters.

Though taking Tate as your backup RB isn't the smartest thing considering you have Foster.

SO since I went all douchebaggy and had to completely break down your team, any honest thoughts on mine?

what do you mean taking tate was a bad idea?? if you've played fantasy football, you'd know that tate gets his points regardless of being a backup... plus, with a back like foster, i have to handcuff his backup because we're not even sure if he'll be the same back he used to be or be effective in week 1... tate is a superstar waiting for the opportunity, when he gets the chance to start, he does very well... i am surprised another NFL team hasn't pulled the trigger on a trade...

where i drafted mcfadden, it was a steal... same with gore... sure my TE's are weak, but there's always a position that isn't strong... that would be it... but miller had 800 yards and 8 TD's last year, he's not exactly a slouch... plus, there's only a handful of good TE's every year, and unless you get one early, you're not gonna have an elite one...

my WR's are just fine, you seem to be judging them on their real life value, and not their fantasy value... all three had 1000+ yards and plenty of TD's... plus the ones on my bench could start for me if one of them isn't carrying his weight...

C-? Kiss my ass yahoo.

Matt Ryan- solid, reliable quarterback, not to mention Andrew Luck is my backup

Jamal Charles & Chris Johnson--I may have the best rb duo in this league, kinda lacking depth, but I can deal with Montee Ball or Danny Woodhead on the BYE weeks

WRs--Dez Bryant, Dannny Amendola, Roddy White, need I say more? Not to mention I picked up Vincent Brown, SD's only decent receiver as well as two very athletic rookies in Hopkins and Tavon Austin

TE- Jason Witten, Brandon Pettigrew, Witten might end up as a flex if both show decent numbers

I feel Patrick Peterson and Arizona's defense gives me a decent chance of defensive points

I think I did okay

not sure about johnson, but charles is due for a HUGE year... and depth at the most important fantasy position is a bit of a concern, hence the C yahoo gave you... and if i were you, i'd be starting luck after a few weeks when you realize he's the better QB ;)... i wouldn't be worried if i rolled into the season with him as my starter... he's the next brady or brees...

dez is a solid solid pick at WR, another guy who will have a big year, same with amendola and white... and two solid TE's as well... your receiving core looks pretty solid...

@rams - you do have solid depth at WR, and romo is a decent fantasy QB... but come on, rudolph isn't any better than my TE... at least mine has a better QB and targeted every time his team is in the red zone... your bashing of my TE's is laughable when i look at yours... gronk sure, but when is the question... i had him last year, i know how good he is... but he can't stay healthy anymore...

outside of morris, your RB's are weak, and yes, bush is good, but will he do it again for the 3rd year in a row?? he's another guy i've had the past couple of years on my team, and if he's doing good, he's a stud... but again, the depth behind him is non-existent... matthews?? ehh, maybe he does ok, but it's not going to be as good as you're thinking... but that's about it...

what do you mean taking tate was a bad idea?? if you've played fantasy football, you'd know that tate gets his points regardless of being a backup... plus, with a back like foster, i have to handcuff his backup because we're not even sure if he'll be the same back he used to be or be effective in week 1... tate is a superstar waiting for the opportunity, when he gets the chance to start, he does very well... i am surprised another NFL team hasn't pulled the trigger on a trade...

where i drafted mcfadden, it was a steal... same with gore... sure my TE's are weak, but there's always a position that isn't strong... that would be it... but miller had 800 yards and 8 TD's last year, he's not exactly a slouch... plus, there's only a handful of good TE's every year, and unless you get one early, you're not gonna have an elite one...

my WR's are just fine, you seem to be judging them on their real life value, and not their fantasy value... all three had 1000+ yards and plenty of TD's... plus the ones on my bench could start for me if one of them isn't carrying his weight...

A.) I meant Tate was a bad pick due to the fact that he is your only backup RB, and has the same bye as one of your starters. I actually like him as a fantasy player on the bench, just not when he plays on the same team as the starter.

B.) Sure McFadden was a steal for his draft position, but starting him is still a bad idea.

C.) I am judging your WRs against there real life value. Thomas and Nelson are great WRs in real life, but won't put up big fantasy numbers due to the othere receivers around them. As for Cruz, I am not a fan of drafting players, especially receivers coming off contract years because they are overvalued quite often.

C-? Kiss my ass yahoo.

Jamal Charles & Chris Johnson--I may have the best rb duo in this league, kinda lacking depth, but I can deal with Montee Ball or Danny Woodhead on the BYE weeks

WRs--Dez Bryant, Dannny Amendola, Roddy White, need I say more? Not to mention I picked up Vincent Brown, SD's only decent receiver as well as two very athletic rookies in Hopkins and Tavon Austin

TE- Jason Witten, Brandon Pettigrew, Witten might end up as a flex if both show decent numbers

I feel Patrick Peterson and Arizona's defense gives me a decent chance of defensive points

I think I did okay

I do think that the Yahoo draft grades were bullshit in your case.You don't have the best team, but it's definitely capable of a .500 season. Your QB situation is average, nothing more nothing less. As for RBs, Charles and Johnson are due for big years, especially Charles in that Andy Reid west coast offense. Dez Bryant will have a huge year, as will Amendola if he stays healthy. But even if he doesn't, you're pretty deep at the position. You aso have a top 5 TE and a descent bye week guy behind him. As for the defense, I would love it as a sleeper pick with the secondary that should force TOs at a high rate if their schedule didn't consist of 4 games vs. Seattle and SF.

C-? Kiss my ass yahoo.

I think I did okay

I do think that the Yahoo draft grades were bullshit in your case.You don't have the best team, but it's definitely capable of a .500 season. Your QB situation is average, nothing more nothing less. As for RBs, Charles and Johnson are due for big years, especially Charles in that Andy Reid west coast offense. Dez Bryant will have a huge year, as will Amendola if he stays healthy. But even if he doesn't, you're pretty deep at the position. You aso have a top 5 TE and a descent bye week guy behind him. As for the defense, I would love it as a sleeper pick with the secondary that should force TOs at a high rate if their schedule didn't consist of 4 games vs. Seattle and SF.

If I had any idea what the fuck was going on, I might be disappointed.

I am sure Americans love sport more for the statistics than the game itself... How the hell do you keep up with all that shit

:buttsecks: That pretty much sums up my league season...

• Like 1

tate is not my only backup RB, i just happened to have 2 others in the flex position... i could easily swap mcfadden or gore with someone like austin, who will probably have a really good year... those guys aren't my for sure starting flex guys, that's just where they ended up...

tate is not my only backup RB, i just happened to have 2 others in the flex position... i could easily swap mcfadden or gore with someone like austin, who will probably have a really good year... those guys aren't my for sure starting flex guys, that's just where they ended up...

Touche. Never really thought of that.

Touche. Never really thought of that.

that's why i've been saying i have 4 good RB's... i got two solid starters and great flex options behind them :D... even givens at WR could find his way into the starting lineup if he does deliver on his projections...

Love Givens as a sleeper. He is a great big play guy that has been too overshadowed by Tavon Austin. I would definitely think about starting him if he gets going like I think he will.

If I had any idea what the fuck was going on, I might be disappointed.

I am sure Americans love sport more for the statistics than the game itself... How the hell do you keep up with all that shit

:buttsecks: That pretty much sums up my league season...

What's going on: You're going to get absolutely raped by just about everyone. And no, I love nothing more than the game itself, but in fantasy football stats are everything. As for how I keep up on it, well honestly if you really like a sport it's not hard to.

*looks at Yahoo's grade/projected record*

1261261521_Williams_Robbie.jpg

stoopid atodraftr

I know I am going to get raped but can you give me some lube? A couple of hints on how to improve my squad (if possible) and picking a team... maybe... please

Aiiight, but only cause you said please.

QB-

Doing fine there. Brees is a top fantasy QB and Palmer is a solid backup.

RB-

Lamar Miller is a descent flex option, but the auto draft fucked you at that position. I suggest you keep up on the Cincinnati running back situation, as both Green-Ellis and Bernard are on that team. Currently Ellis has the job, but Bernard is right behind him and a few bad games by Ellis could put Bernard in the real life starting role. If that happens, switch Ellis out and put Bernard in.

WR-

You have two top tier fantasy receivers, but after that is shit. I would say put Wallace in the third receiver spot and put Williams in the second flex spot.

TE-

You are in good condition there, but perhaps too good of condition. Davis will put up big numbers, Gonzalez should have a good year, and same for Owen Daniels.

K/ Def-

You have probably the best kicker in the league, but your defense is average at best. Thankfully for you, that defense benefits from a fairly weak schedule.

Possible transactions-

-Dump your second defense and go after a running back. I highly recommend getting Knowshon Moreno, but Joique Bell would also be a descent pick.

-Find a possible trade for Tony Gonzalez. Pick up a solid running back, maybe MJD from Gunny's team?

There you go. With that, you will now be raped..... but with lube.

One more note... After a trade to get Gonzalez, put whatever running back you get in the trade in the #1 spot, move Miller down to the second spot, and put Green-Ellis in the first flex spot where Gonzalez was.

May the best man win, good luck to you all this season.
how come you didn't want to join this year??

quote has nothing to do with the previous comments, only to get a response. Anyways, can we change players in our lineups clear up to when they play their game or is the lineup locked at the start of the first game?

players are locked out as soon as their game starts... you can swap people in and out until sunday's games... but it's those thursday players that fuck with fantasy lineups... it used to be something you worried about later in the year, but now it's every damn week!!