soooo i was just wondering when to expect reviews for gta v to surface? i saw that the most recent saints row got reviews by a lot of the main publications from 8-14-8/16 and the game was released on the 20th. so do you guys think gta v will follow this trend and we'll get reviews around the 12th?

also, i'm interested to see how these publications are gonna possibly score this game. i feel like the unbelievable improvements it's made over iv have to warrant v getting a better score than that. but, as that game got perfect-near perfect scores from basically everyone, do you think some places will pull an french uncharted 2 review and go above 10?

IV got a 10 on most sites. I would be shocked if V didn't get the same. Though if i had to review it myself, i'd agree with Dup and it would be OFF THE CHARTS. GOTY. No Doubt.

IV was released over five years ago, so reviewers will expect five years of progress.

The real question is though, who gives a fuck? I don't think there's a gamer alive who wouldn't buy GTA V because somebody gave it a bad review.

• Like 4

Looking at the past few games from Rockstar, reviews get posted right before or at the game release.

I'm suprised there haven't even been hands-on previews [posted] yet. Rockstar seems to be holding off on a lot right up to the release. Maybe they want the gaming media to experience everything on their own and not just a couple missions a month beforehand.

yea, no hands on previews, no fansite events, no nothing... they're just gonna unleash it on us all at once... and it's not like none of us are passing on this game, at least not here anyways... i am predicting 9-10's all across the board, with the one loner site scoring it an 8.5 somewhere... i get the feeling that since IV got quite a few perfect scores for revolutionizing the free roam world, that this game would get a lot of those as well since it's reinventing the open world yet again...

i hear what everyone's saying about the possible negative reviews deterring people from playing this game (not that i think there will be any anyway). i realize that wouldn't happen. the reviews are gonna be great and you'd have to be an idiot to be influenced by anyone (reviewer or otherwise) to not play this game. but, i just kinda like seeing things i'm a fan of get officially deemed godly by "authorities" on the matter (pitchfork for music, rotten tomatoes for movies, tv.com for tv shows, etc.). and, yes, it has been 5 years and they're expecting 5 years of progress but for shit's sake this game is gonna be off the charts good and i'd like to see some score literally reflect that (>10.0). fingers crossed that'll happen...

IV primarily increased in just graphics and physics even though it was released 4 years after SA yet this helped bring back and improve the feeling of openness in a living, breathing world. Since V is doing all this and more I bet it would get 12/10 at least.

IV was released over five years ago, so reviewers will expect five years of progress.

The real question is though, who gives a fuck? I don't think there's a gamer alive who wouldn't buy GTA V because somebody gave it a bad review.

IGN gave GTA V a 7.5? Hmmmm..

*Withdraws pre-order*

Hands on previews are usually done one or two weeks before release, and reviews typically are posted a couple of days before release (as Fitty mentioned).

I guestimate September 15th...

Also, if IGN gave V a 7.5 (almost the same score as Saints Row IV), that'd be career suicide for that whole stupid site. I don't think they've ever given a GTA game below an 8...

I imagine the game getting perfect score. The ONLY reason I could see it marked down was if it suffered from performance issues. GTA 4 on ps3 felt sluggish to me. I have faith that R* has solved that issue.

why does everyone care so much about reviews? if you are getting the game on release date why would it matter when reviews are coming out? anyone of you really going to not get the game because of a bad review?

• Like 1

People need to stop acting like other people's opinions are going to change their mind. You know the game is gonna be amazing. Everyone's opinions is going to be a little different.

People need to stop acting like other people's opinions are going to change their mind. You know the game is gonna be amazing. Everyone's opinions is going to be a little different.

Nice irony there!

Nice irony there!

I didn't even realize that till u said that. But what I meant was when we get these reviews people let what's said put a damper on a game we know as fans is going to be really good.

I'll end up reading a few when they come out, but it'll just be to pass the time until the actual game comes out.

I'm not reading any reviews of GTA V, not before or after the game comes out. I feel like I know enough about this game now, I don't need to know more. I just want to experience as much as I can by myself. I'm not saying that I'm not watching a trailer if they release another one or screenshots or what ever.

• Like 1

I think it'd be cool once we hit the "12 days from release" mark, if R* released a screenshot or two a day until release, just to continue their hype and keep everyone on their toes..

Yeah, it'd help pass the time too! And regarding the review debate, who cares what people rate it at? Especially IGN, those jokes. Buy the game and play it! If you really don't like it, then so be it. People in this world need to stop deciding what they like or dislike based upon what other people like or dislike.