Bronson

Grand Theft Auto V: The Official Trailer

It's not popularity, is how good it fits the content of the trailer. Is not like all the songs from previous trailers were popular.

Trailer 1: The LP Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake by Small Faces (title track used in the trailer) was UK Albums Chart's number-one album for three months in 1968

Trailer 2: Skeletons by Stevie Wonder was Billboard's #1 Black single for two weeks in 1987

Trailer 3: Radio Ga Ga by Queen topped out at #16 on Billboard in 1984; Hood Gone Love It appeared on Jay Rock's album Follow Me Home which peaked at #83 on Billboard's Top 200 Albums in 2011; Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way by Waylon Jennings was Billboard's # Country single for one week in 1975

I wouldn't say any of the previous songs were unpopular.

• Like 1

I agree that it wasn't as exciting but there's only so much you can do in 60 seconds, especially with what they're trying to do with this game. I'm just happy that we found out more about the plot.

The character trailers were only about a minute each and they were much better than "the official trailer".

No I wouldn't say that, the Franklin trailer was pretty weak.

the only song that fits in this trailer would be Just One Fix, by Ministry. \m/ \m/

Matter of fact only heavy metal tunes should be used since metal is the best music ever!! :D ......... yep, so there, lol.

it is so! ....dammit...and get off my lawn too...... :lol:

but to be serious, about 1000 different tunes could'a been used for that trailer. don't even notice the tune playing really that much anyway. I think a good tune would'a been better than that crap. the other trailer tunes worked better than this one did without a doubt for me.

.....but that's just my opinion....

I agree that it wasn't as exciting but there's only so much you can do in 60 seconds, especially with what they're trying to do with this game. I'm just happy that we found out more about the plot.

The character trailers were only about a minute each and they were much better than "the official trailer".

Agreed.

Especially Franklin's.

Michael's wife looks like she is going to be the Skyler White of Grand Theft Auto...

Yep. There seems to be a few more likenesses to Br Ba.

Not necessarily references, but I can see influences and similarities for sure.

Meth, the family issues, younger man/older man relationships, etc.

The show has been going on for years during the development of GTA V, you know the devs were fans.

I forgot that I found Id Software's tribute easter egg in RAG3 before I ever even saw/became obsessed with Br Ba.

Turns out that Vince Gilligan scripted Jesse playing RAG3 *first*, then after the show featured the light gun and

fight scene where the game gets knocked off the shelf, Id threw in the grill easter egg as a return tribute and nod to him, for his free advertising.

(So many responses like "What is that game Jesse is playing? It looks awesome!")

I would not be surprised at all to see more drama-based (not easter eggs) similarities to Br Ba in GTA V.

And yes, like Heisenburg's wife, I already hope to kill Michael's wife....

• Like 1

So what trailer is your favorite (everyone)? Mine was probably trailer 2. I loved the vibe it gave out. Maybe the classic choice, but i'm pretty classic.I think it felt more like a Micheal trailer imo... I loved the rest, but that was the one for me.

• Like 1

I really like the latest trailer. just because it feels like a movie trailer, and I like the blurring of lines between a cinema release and a game.

• Like 1

I like the vibe of the 2nd trailer but I prefer the character trailers as a whole just because they when put together they represent the characters so well: Boredom, ambition, insanity etc.

Trailer one for me. The Faces' song really tied it together -- it had the summery vibe that is the essence of So-Cal. Those opening modulated piano chords set to the backdrop of the LS skyline at twilight was incredible. Michael's infamous soliloquy over those chords will always bring back the initial feelings of hype and awe that we all felt. The sequence of events building up to the song's climax was so well-coordinated, too. God, what an incredible trailer. To think that it was almost two years ago...

• Like 4

So what trailer is your favorite (everyone)? Mine was probably trailer 2. I loved the vibe it gave out. Maybe the classic choice, but i'm pretty classic.I think it felt more like a Micheal trailer imo... I loved the rest, but that was the one for me.

1. Trailer 1

2. Michael's Trailer

3. Gameplay Trailer

Yeah, Michael's trailer was pretty great. Like Trailer 1, it really gave us some insight into the conflict in his life. Between him and his family, him and his new coworkers, and (most interestingly) him and his desires.

I'm split between the Gameplay trailer and Franklin's trailer. Everyone I talk about GTA V to and most people online seem to dislike Franklin's the most, but I loved it. Probably because it was very action filled (shooting, police chases) and it reminded me of the good old days of GTA San Andreas.

• Like 5

^ Yeah everyone seems to disregard Franklin's trailer probably because it's not exactly original in the GTA series but whenever I'm talking to my friends (who are not as big of GTA as me I might add) about GTA V they all seem to love the similarities between V and SA.. And I can't really blame them, imo San Andreas was the shiet back in it's time..

Grove Street 4 Life!

• Like 2