MrMister81

Official Website Update 2013-08-13

Wow, I was not expecting this when I got up this morning. So much to look at and process...

one question, on the slide about the stock market it talks about insider trading and corporate espionage. Throw away joke or a reference to something you can do in game?

Bottom left post card. That is snow fellas

I wonder where this "North Yankton" place is? All of the other postcards are of already confirmed places ( either in Los Santos or in the Countryside ). But I haven't seen any Screenshots/ Video or any mention in the previews of a snowy area in GTA V.

Could it be that Rockstar is holding something back?

los_santos_and_blaine_county_bg.jpg

^^ North Yankton ^^

• Like 1

*Yankton

The name "Yankton" sounds vaguely familiar. I swear I've heard it referenced somewhere. Probably just a locale we haven't been notified of yet (be it by images or video or verbal mention). Unless they're hinting at DLC, which is pretty doubtful.

• Like 1

The Trevor artwork (him perched on the quad, rifle in hand) showed what could plausibly be snow in the mountains over his shoulder. Could North Yankton be a mountainous area?

The Trevor artwork (him perched on the quad, rifle in hand) showed what could plausibly be snow in the mountains over his shoulder. Could North Yankton be a mountainous area?

take another look at that, those are clouds over his shoulder the mountain tops are lower

Hoblow

I dunno, but black Larry Fine doesn't appear to be enjoying it too much.

Also, it appears that that homeless gent is using the same sign from trailer one...

The name Yankton is derived from a Native American word meaning " the end village". And it's real life counterpart looks to be in a snowy part of the United States.

Yankton is also mentioned numerous times as the territorial capital in the western TV series Deadwood.

• Like 2

If you click on the Travelogue link on the new update, and then scroll down to the bottom. You see something called the "Lifeinvader", which I just looked up on YouTube and found the video for the link~

Is that a dick tunnel on the bottom of the tablet?

I want one.

• Like 3

take another look at that, those are clouds over his shoulder the mountain tops are lower

Yeah, it'd been a while since I'd seen that artwork. My apologies.

My first thought when I saw the snowy scene was SNOWMOBILES.. Do you guys think they will have them? I think it's plausible unless they expect us to drive through snow in our cars.. If they have added snow then they had to have coded some kind of snow physics system right?

I seriously hope there is snowmobiles. Snow physics would be awesome too, trying to traverse a tricky mountain pass in a fully laden tourist bus in the snow sounds like a bucket load of fun.

My first thought when I saw the snowy scene was SNOWMOBILES.. Do you guys think they will have them? I think it's plausible unless they expect us to drive through snow in our cars.. If they have added snow then they had to have coded some kind of snow physics system right?

I read somewhere that there will be snow plows and snow mobiles.