MrMister81

GTA Online: Gameplay Video 2013-08-15

Anyone else thinking that it could be a nice little earner being stand over men, catching motherfuckers slipping on the way to the bank?

That's what worries me. It is just going to be 10 year olds killing people at ATM's

I hope I'm wrong because this has massive potential.

Don't get caught slipping, you can't really get salty about someone stealing virtual cash from you, that you have just stolen from a virtual bank.

Buy the ticket take the ride, pay to hide your radar blip when you go to the bank or go in a crew.

There are somethings that, from the information we have can be exploited. being able to divvie up the cash or not. this could be fun. But to be honest I think it will just end up being annoying. you'll end up only playing with your trusted crew because anyone else will rip you off. I don't want to have to spend most of my time in GTAO hunting down and killing dogs.

• Like 2

Lezlie Benzies said that you will get a bad sport point for killing teammates and ripping them off. Before you join a game with someone you can veiw their stats and see if they have bad sport points and decide before you join them. He also said that you can switch in and out of passive modes at different points online so you can't shoot eachother.

• Like 2

So like a dead ball in cricket. A no shootsies mode. I like that. Also the karma scoring is a great idea. I did not know that. Makes the idea of knowing when people who have ripped you off come online much more interesting. I wonder if you get a bad score for just killing or you would need to rob or steal from them.

Maybe you can see out of the apartment but not in?

^This.

I can't see any other way it would work. Maybe R* have thought of something better, but I'm sure it's something along those lines.

well, most curtainwalls (those buildings with the mirrorish glass panels) are tinted so I could see that working. If they are all tinted windows then you could shoot anywhere with no correlation to where the apartment is and that could sort of solve the problem. however, this would mean that all apartments would have to be in more modern buildings, so no older apartments with the classic windows I suppose?

Think back to Vice City, the first safehouse you own - you can see out but not in. Also I don't know if anyone has played the 'stories' on PSP, but all the safehouses in those games can be seen out of, but not in.

It may seen like a bit of a bummer not seeing into the safehouses in GTAO, but this does allow you to permanantly own a safehouse on any session, without conflict with other players. Or maybe R* have thought of something better, who knows?

I would have thought the logical progression for Online is to expand the land to San Fierro and Las Venturas first before explanding eastward. I can live with the strange concept of an island changing and growing into an entire country but I sincerely hope GTAO doesn't just become a series of islands you can travel between.

GTAO in 2016 :D

afFwX.jpg

The game play was insane.. shame it was only a few minutes long but god some of the shit you can is just insane!

Can't wait to get this game! Even though online doesn't come till October.

I cant put my finger on just one thing im excited for, bring it all on! :D

One little thing that was mentioned in the interview, passive mode. you can't hurt other players but they also can't hurt you. good for when that little prick 8 year old is spawn camping you with a sniper rifle. looks like they put a lot of thought on how to prevent people from just being jerks.

One little thing that was mentioned in the interview, passive mode. you can't hurt other players but they also can't hurt you. good for when that little prick 8 year old is spawn camping you with a sniper rifle. looks like they put a lot of thought on how to prevent people from just being jerks.

As the person with the sniper rifle, I will have you know that the 8 year olds are the ones with RPGs or similar explosive weapons. Kiddies love explosions. :P I also wonder if they will fix the issue that someone can still harm you with explosions in the "friendly" matches (getting thrown and the fall loses health).

• Like 2

Can you just do free roam like totally by yourself if your playing online

Yes. It could be done in IV by setting the number of private slots to Max when you set up a game. I'm sure it'll be possible in V as well.

• Like 1

At 4:13 in the second part of the interview he said they didn't really push the underwater gameplay that much right now but after the first content then it will their focus. I hope I'm just miss understanding it. I hope he meant there won't be missions in GTAO and we can still scuba dive and explore the ocean. What do y'all think?

As the person with the sniper rifle, I will have you know that the 8 year olds are the ones with RPGs or similar explosive weapons. Kiddies love explosions. :P I also wonder if they will fix the issue that someone can still harm you with explosions in the "friendly" matches (getting thrown and the fall loses health).

The 8 year olds are the one who get in the buzzard and constanly blow up the other spawned buzzards when someone trys to gets in.

• Like 2

Well I guess I can't blame them, explosions are fun. Do you think passive would protect from explosions as well? seems like it would have to in order for it to be fully useful.

I also find it interesting that they make it so you can not steal a car owned by another player but you could blow it up and receive a poor sport point (or whatever they called it).