MrMister81

GTA Online: Gameplay Video 2013-08-15

Hey guys, one thing that I didn't really understood is that if you can buy apartments, how would it work in the server if I own the same apartment as another person there?

There are probably multiple apartments in one building

Hey guys, one thing that I didn't really understood is that if you can buy apartments, how would it work in the server if I own the same apartment as another person there?

I dont think its possible to hold 16 apartments in one building and all of them being the same, imagine if there is this specific apartment which is the best one in the game, or the one that everyone wants, I dont see how it will work

• Like 1

I dont think its possible to hold 16 apartments in one building and all of them being the same

One for each floor. 16 floors. Problem solved.

• Like 1

I dont think its possible to hold 16 apartments in one building and all of them being the same, imagine if there is this specific apartment which is the best one in the game, or the one that everyone wants, I dont see how it will work

There will probably be multiple houses apartments shacks mansions things like that

• Like 1

Have to admit, this is all far beyond what I was expecting. :jumpy: Only 16 players is just a slight negative.

One things for sure, I think that's me sorted for the next year or so!

Ok so i heard the announcer say that the world is constantly growing or whatever but I'm thinking this is the perfect opportunity for rockstar to keep adding cities into the online mode. So eventually we may be able to have a gta game with all the major cities, especially with next gen consoles and both Xbox and ps4 have cloud streaming shit or whatever, so overtime the consoles should be able to handle all the memory

Unless it was mentioned in the video or previews (and I missed it because my head exploded), the only way I see the property thing working is if you host a "server" so YOU buy safehouses and invite people to YOUR game but the others either don't buy properties in YOUR game or they really will have a million different games saved where you and whoever bought certain properties in that game. And if someone bought the one you wanted you just go start your own game with flapjacks and hookers.

• Like 1

From reading the previews, I'm worried about how people can steal your money if they kill you. It's very quickly going to become a game consisting of getting a small amount of money, a trip to the bank, get money, a trip to the bank ect.

Unless it was mentioned in the video or previews (and I missed it because my head exploded), the only way I see the property thing working is if you host a "server" so YOU buy safehouses and invite people to YOUR game but the others either don't buy properties in YOUR game or they really will have a million different games saved where you and whoever bought certain properties in that game. And if someone bought the one you wanted you just go start your own game with flapjacks and hookers.

No, it will probably be something like this. Let's take for example that apartment we saw in the video. A million players can own that safehouse, but when you go to the entrance to the building, you choose which player's apartment you want to visit. This way one player can be in his "version" of that safehouse, and others can be in theirs at the same time, like in different dimensions.

No, it will probably be something like this. Let's take for example that apartment we saw in the video. A million players can own that safehouse, but when you go to the entrance to the building, you choose which player's apartment you want to visit. This way one player can be in his "version" of that safehouse, and others can be in theirs at the same time, like in different dimensions.

I dont think it is possible because of the view in the window of the apartment, it is a real time view of the in-game world

From reading the previews, I'm worried about how people can steal your money if they kill you. It's very quickly going to become a game consisting of getting a small amount of money, a trip to the bank, get money, a trip to the bank ect.

I think I read somewhere R* are going to match players together depending on their stats. Plus players who do the bad stuff will get bad points or something like that.

So what I don't understand is why is it delayed until October 1st? My mind is having a huge nuclear fission reaction happening in it right now LOL

This is such a big deal I think they dont want to have it launch side by side with the SP game because 1) they want people to enjoy the SP by itself with no distractions 2) they want to make sure the SP has no major issues at launch before moving on to the MP which may have its own issue.

They may also be able to make better judgments about how many people will be playing it at launch and since this is almost a separate game they dont want it to detract from the SP games launch (excitement wise). R* sees them both as special.

• Like 1