MrMister81

GTA Online: Gameplay Video 2013-08-15

What is everyone's thought on the 'ONLINE' logo? Looks kind of strange to me. Why did they use red? And why a different font? The only time they do that is when it's a separate game name (like Vice City, San Andreas, Chinatown Wars. etc). They really seem to be going out of their way to make GTAO sound like a completely separate game from GTA V. Even though it's clearly set in the same "game world". It has me intrigued.

Yeah, it's not even called "Grand Theft Auto "V" Online". It's just "Grand Theft Auto Online".

GTAONLINE_THURS-AUG-15_640x640.jpg

• Like 1

Red is green's complimentary colour. GTA V is green, so we assume it would b e green. R* are telling us this isn't just a Multiplayer add-on like IV, it's its own thing, but it comes with GTA V, so it's complimentary. That's my guess.

QBvOy72.jpg

We're treating it like it is GTA V, so the green looks right.

Also the screenshot with MrMister81's news post!

actual_1376403030.png

• Like 3

What is everyone's thought on the 'ONLINE' logo? Looks kind of strange to me. Why did they use red? And why a different font? The only time they do that is when it's a separate game name (like Vice City, San Andreas, Chinatown Wars. etc). They really seem to be going out of their way to make GTAO sound like a completely separate game from GTA V. Even though it's clearly set in the same "game world". It has me intrigued.

Kinda looks like it was knocked up quickly to me. I know they have put a great deal of time and effort into GTAO. Seems strange the logo should look like a quick slap up.

I have a feeling that GTA Online may carry over worlds to next gen games such as GTA VI, and so on.

They'll just expand on it as they go on maybe, who knows.

Edit: I do remember Leslie Benzies talk in an interview before about how he would like to create a GTA game with all the worlds in it, I can't remember from where, if someone could point out that'd be great.

• Like 1

You mean rather than work toward combining the cities in a single game they'll develop it through their online game? Or you think they'll still work on combining the cities in an offline game?

GTAO could well be a long running thing that receives dlc long after GTAV is done with. They have the potential to keep adding to GTAO more than they can with V. It would make sense to keep layering GTAO with content over the next few years maybe until a GTA VI. We'll find out what all the mystery is about tomorrow. Let's hope they answer everything we need to know about it.

• Like 3

GTAO could well be a long running thing that receives dlc long after GTAV is done with. They have the potential to keep adding to GTAO more than they can with V. It would make sense to keep layering GTAO with content over the next few years maybe until a GTA VI. We'll find out what all the mystery is about tomorrow. Let's hope they answer everything we need to know about it.

That's what I was thinking as well.

Yeah, you cant forget about tomorrow. we get the public preview plus some of the magazines and sites got a 50min live preview of GTAO that they will all be allowed to talk about tomorrow. Then Friday CVG will be posting an exclusive interview with Leslie Benzie (President of R* North). What a week.

3pm GMT. Yay I get to watch it before my evening shift!

me too! was worried it would come online at 5pm, the exact time I start my shift, was planning on taking headphones to work to watch on my phone lol