MrMister81

GTA Online: Gameplay Video 2013-08-15

I have a feeling they are going to show off how each person's decision interconnects into how the multiplayer game evolves over time. With that said, I think they will have server's that you play on (maybe alongside random games). Interwoven into the multiplayer many aspects of singleplayer will be there. Then you'll have your classic modes like TDM, Races, etc.

My reasoning behind the servers is due to the little shot at the end of the gameplay video where there was a cash balance. Aside that there was also the mention of a multiplayer garage a while back. This is probably why GTA Online may be it's own thing as people have mentioned because it will be huge in itself. How the server thing would work I'm not sure, but it could be similar to the BF3 system? If servers aren't a possibility then perhaps everything you do in a game is saved and when you join another game all your stuff is there?

Good thing I've got a really busy week, the 15th (16th here in AUS) will come and go before I even blink!

Hopefully they stock the rest of the week with some juicy info as well... but judging from the last 4 weeks, I'm guessing that this is all we'll get until Thursday...

• Like 1

I'd laugh if the multiplayer is exactly the same as GTA lV's, only with a few new game modes thrown in.

I hope they do some radically different things, and make up some great new concept, like gang wars where crews have their own headquarters and turf which needs to be protected/ and you can also invade rival gang turf and assault their HQ's. Or maybe co-op heists around the online city ( where some players are given the task of stealing money from a bank or something/ and other players are put in the role of cops who have to stop them from getting away/ they could call it "Cops & Robbers" ), or a free-roam that can support 100+ players at once...

This will no doubt be the last info we get until the game is out.

Not at all.

Or maybe co-op heists around the online city ( where some players are given the task of stealing money from a bank or something/ and other players are put in the role of cops who have to stop them from getting away/ they could call it "Cops & Robbers" )

Good chance of that happening as a game mode.

or a free-roam that can support 100+ players at once...

Keep dreaming.

I wonder how Weapon customization will work online, hopefully that you don't have to run around everywhere just to collect guns like in GTA IV, but have it like Red Dead's where you unlock them. Here's hoping also that you don't have to spend 40 minutes collecting ammo for a cop shootout then die 5 minutes later, hopefully you get all the ammo from the start or something.

This will no doubt be the last info we get until the game is out.
theyll prob keep releasing screenshots

Does anyone think they will release one more trailer or is this gonna be it until release??

Probably a launch trailer a week or so before release.

• Like 3

@XXCrimsonXX

That gif made me laugh so fucking hard, and idk why.

Which one? The Chinese guy angrily throwing boxes, or Michael smashing his club into the ground LOL

Looking forward to this :P!!! Gotta say Igta5.com is going to be a pretty good community for GTA V... (But I think some need to get over the fact that there will be new people, the more the people the bigger the Community.)

Not a problem mate. If all the noob's can form an orderly queue, drop their pants and bend over and Massacre will get to them as soon as he can.

• Like 1

Looking forward to this :P!!! Gotta say Igta5.com is going to be a pretty good community for GTA V... (But I think some need to get over the fact that there will be new people, the more the people the bigger the Community.)

Not a problem mate. If all the noob's can form an orderly queue, drop their pants and bend over and Massacre will get to them as soon as he can.

Lube?

I'd laugh if the multiplayer is exactly the same as GTA lV's, only with a few new game modes thrown in.

I hope they do some radically different things, and make up some great new concept, like gang wars where crews have their own headquarters and turf which needs to be protected/ and you can also invade rival gang turf and assault their HQ's. Or maybe co-op heists around the online city ( where some players are given the task of stealing money from a bank or something/ and other players are put in the role of cops who have to stop them from getting away/ they could call it "Cops & Robbers" ), or a free-roam that can support 100+ players at once...

Assaulting HQs sound good.

I just hope the team based stuff is expanded, the turf wars and gang war things in IV were quite good. I just hope they have some fighting inside buildings.

Maybe something like 'Assault on Precint 13' where you have to survive the oncoming attack etc. RDR had something similar. The best online map areas will probably be in the countryside.

• Like 1

I think the main goal for R* is to make GTAO a living breathing world, just like the main games. To do this, they need a lot of activities to do in the world other than a few multiplayer match modes, and keeping loading screens to a minimum. Like RDR's gambling games, they need things to spend money on, and appreciate, to take with you every time you go back to play. Activities mentioned in single player could also carry over to multiplayer/Online. Imagine animal hunting, scuba diving, bounty hunting, racing, with your close friends, and not like a separate loading screen to set up the game, it all happens in the world from the moment you enter it.

I think this trailer will show side activities and grindable purchases along with the main match games.

• Like 3

I think the main goal for R* is to make GTAO a living breathing world, just like the main games. To do this, they need a lot of activities to do in the world other than a few multiplayer match modes, and keeping loading screens to a minimum. Like RDR's gambling games, they need things to spend money on, and appreciate, to take with you every time you go back to play. Activities mentioned in single player could also carry over to multiplayer/Online. Imagine animal hunting, scuba diving, bounty hunting, racing, with your close friends, and not like a separate loading screen to set up the game, it all happens in the world from the moment you enter it.

I think this trailer will show side activities and grindable purchases along with the main match games.

Sounds good, as long as it's a more seamless and cohesive experience than Red Dead's Multiplayer. Meaning no loading between Free-Roam & Activities, plus a faster transition between the single player characters and your online Avatar.

But should money transfer from the Single Player over to the Online version of the game? Or should any money made in Single Player and Online be kept separate? I wonder how integrated Single Player and Online will be?

What is everyone's thought on the 'ONLINE' logo? Looks kind of strange to me. Why did they use red? And why a different font? The only time they do that is when it's a separate game name (like Vice City, San Andreas, Chinatown Wars. etc). They really seem to be going out of their way to make GTAO sound like a completely separate game from GTA V. Even though it's clearly set in the same "game world". It has me intrigued.

• Like 2