Sign in to follow this  
MrMister81

OUYA

I'm getting an OUYA today. The main selling point for me is the availability of emulators - seems like it will be a better experience on a console than on the tablet. I'll be starting with NES and SNES, then I'll see if there are palatable emulators for MAME, C64, Atari 2600, etc.

Anyone care to share their thoughts? Anyone own/want to own an OUYA? I'll be perusing the "Classic Titles" thread as I think about what games to play via emulation, but are there any OUYA games I should check out?

The Ouya its self is pretty shit, I was an initial backer with the hopes or getting a decent android device, but when it finally showed up the library for it (besides the emulators) is absolute shit.

These were some of the launch (which is laughable, mine showed up weeks after "launch") titles.

(The last one looks nice but controls like garbage and the gameplay is laughable.)

"This video clearly shows why OUYA is THE must-buy system of the early 90s."

If you were looking for an android device purely for emulation, the Ouya was not the device to pick. There are Allwinner A31 based devices that would do it better and for cheaper. Aparantly emulation on the Ouya its self is alright but it's pricy for what it is, people go on and on about it outputting to 1080p, but if you're using it for emulation then it isn't upscaled properly and the games will just look like shit at 1080p.

The CEO of the company is a total douchebag btw. When people were criticizing the Ouya for its poor delivery schedule she posted what appeared to be graphs quickly made in MS paint saying that many units had shipped, with zero citations or anything.

• Like 1

I just read an article in Egde magazine, and they slated the shit out of it, saying it was a confusing and misleading pile of shit. Most of the games claim to be free to play, but end up having unmentioned cash-parting pop ups within the games. So it's basically a minefield of shit FTP games with the odd gem, just like Google play and Apple store on Smartphones. But you have to pay for the box. If you have a smart TV then you don't even need that shit.