Sign in to follow this  
OptimumPx

Rated M by the ESRB

icon11.gif

*waits for it to be banned in australia

It's been classified R18+ in Australia, and it's the first GTA game after "Episodes from Liberty City" to be released completely uncut!

This is indeed a golden day for Australian gaming!

http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx?sid=1rhDjetqedVcsbMwMH44Tw%253d%253d&ncdctx=wXwKsbqwm9qCK6ISJRjp97m0b9WqnKLWCVZJd2%252fPcMbpxBsSO9jlBq6HO1GfvnkN

'Ken oath!

icon11.gif

*waits for it to be banned in australia

It's been classified R18+ in Australia, and it's the first GTA game after "Episodes from Liberty City" to be released completely uncut!

This is indeed a golden day for Australian gaming!

http://www.classific...9jlBq6HO1GfvnkN

'Ken oath!

only reason that GTA iv was not allowed in AUS was because of Rockstar never cause of the rating board

• Like 1

only reason that GTA iv was not allowed in AUS was because of Rockstar never cause of the rating board

Yes

Also, did anyone else notice that they list some of the actors on the Board of Classification page? Are these confirmed voice actors?

So we just need to hear from BBFC and PEGI then.

Most likely both 18. It was pretty much expected since the announcement of the game, since it is GTA.

Yes

Also, did anyone else notice that they list some of the actors on the Board of Classification page? Are these confirmed voice actors?

According to imdb, they are.

I'm American, but let me congratulate our Australian mates for getting the game uncut. I know if I were forced to buy a censored version, I'd lose my mind.

Also, we're all here for one reason -- we fucking love these games. There's been too much arguing going on lately. Let's just hug it out and continue our fapping. http://epicpix.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Now-Kith.jpg

• Like 2

So we just need to hear from BBFC and PEGI then.

PEGI have rated it 18, as expected.

I'm American, but let me congratulate our Australian mates for getting the game uncut. I know if I were forced to buy a censored version, I'd lose my mind.

No one is ever forced to buy a censored version, only forced to pirate an uncensored one.

The only thing (rating wise) that it has that GrandTheftAuto IV did not have is "Mature Humour". What a relief.. GTA IV had terrible "humour". :P

No, it didn't. <_<

Correct. That game didn't have humour at all.

The only thing (rating wise) that it has that GrandTheftAuto IV did not have is "Mature Humour". What a relief.. GTA IV had terrible "humour". :P

No, it didn't. <_<

:rolleyes:

Okay.....

Did you even listen to the radio stations, or read the billboards?

• Like 4

No, it didn't. <_<

Okay.....

Yeah I agree, I don't get why everyone says GTA lV was lacking in the humour department.

It might not of been as ridiculous as some of the PS2 era GTA's ( because of the more realistic setting ) but it still had plenty of 'Laugh Out Loud' moments.

No, it didn't. <_<

Okay.....

Yeah, the radio and shit was brilliant as ever. We're talking about the story.

No, it didn't. <_<

Okay.....

Yeah, the radio and shit was brilliant as ever. We're talking about the story.

:lol: Please show me where anyone mentioned "story" in the posts above.

• Like 1

Not the point AM. We were talking about the humor in general. Not just the story. But Joe King being his normal ignorant self comes on and makes a stupid remark.

What does all this shit have to do with the M rating?

The M rating tells us GTA V will have 'mature humour' apparently, but I guess it is going abit off topic.

Not the point AM. We were talking about the humor in general. Not just the story. But Joe King being his normal ignorant self comes on and makes a stupid remark.

You're the guy that said there were no bicycles in NY and that subway systems do not use trains. :buttsecks:

And you're the guy no one likes :lol:

Also, I said it would have looked weird if there were bicycles in GTA IV and I never said Subway stations don't use trains. Don't know what ass you pulled that shit from.

Well whatever I'm done with this convo. I'm losing too many brain cells talking to you.

I feel bad for all the little Shitheads who have to bring their mom to gamestop just so they can buy the game.

I would say that the only "shithead" around here is you, Im under age but, seriously that was ignorant... By the way i will bring my mom and its cool i dont have to pay for it. I would go more in details with you but I would be lowering myself to your level. And its cool to bring my mom, she sont mind what game is it, or why its rated Mature

HP

You pretty much proved his point. Perhaps 'shithead' was a bit harsh but you just fit the stereotype of what he is talking about. Your mom comes and pays for the game...when you're older you won't wear that as a badge of honor. The fact that your mom doesn't care what a game is, or its rating shows exactly what is wrong with parents these days. Its moms like that who have the children that commit acts of violence and then blame it on video games when they should have been monitoring what their child was playing.

Ok, if you were an under-age-GTA-fan, you (and obviously him) would like your (his)mother to come and get it at GameStop... Also it could be a friend, not necesarily has to be a mom.

BTW there's nothing wrong bout mom buying games for their sons, mom and sons' communication.

• Like 1

Regarding censorship in Aus, they've always flip-flopped with certain issues throughout the years, but I always knew that V would be fine due to the fact that our system (believe it or not) is becoming more lenient.

Interactive sexual assault (without context) and the ability to take morphine for power-ups (general interactive, consequence free drug-use) are still not allowed, as I'm sure you've noticed, but most other things are peachy keen.

Back when IV was about to be released, the game was edited for violence and sex scenes (pooling blood and tire tracks, bouncy bouncy fun with fat hookers ect.) but keep in mind that they replaced the visual in-car sex scene with a more traditional GTA close up on the trunk (something that was actually CUT OUT of the PS2 versions in earlier titles). A few short months after IV's release, the Classification Board changed their mind on the issue, and Rockstar released an update that restored all of the removed content. Episodes From Liberty City and the PC release of IV were all UNCUT by release.

So essentially, we've had uncut versions of the games since late 2008, contrary to popular belief. Since then, all of our Rockstar releases have gone unscathed. Now, with the shiny new R18+ rating, games can be a little more extreme and still be released.

• Like 1

What does all this shit have to do with the M rating?

The M rating tells us GTA V will have 'mature humour' apparently, but I guess it is going abit off topic.

You're the guy that said there were no bicycles in NY and that subway systems do not use trains. :buttsecks:

Technically, subway systems don't use locomotives they use subway cars. They run on railway tracks and are powered off electricity that's really the only thing they have in common.