I regret not seeing that trailer earlier. My God, DuP. Excellent work. I love what you did with the Tower Bridge. I shat myself when I saw that. Just beautiful.

• Like 1

:notworthy:

Awesome work

Is the chest part of a project or are you just keeping your eye in?

I am so envious of you artistic types.....

I leave this thread feeling somewhat.... inadequate

Yeah i wanted to make a little in-game scene that looks nice. So small but decent hopefully, that's the idea anyway.

icon11.gif

you mod your guns and shit into any games?

I got it into the Unreal engine. With a simple rig. But no reload animations or anything. Didn't use it for anything in the end, but it was fun to make, and is one of my favourite portfolio bits.

And thanks for the kind words guys. It cost me a lot at uni to get to the level i'm at, so i should hope to come out with something half decent after that...

Here's some progress on that chest. Just took this model into zbrush and started carving details into it ready for the lowpoly bake. It's an iron chest, so it's solid surface and will have some worn metal feel to it eventually.

kVMe1MT.jpg

XrLtx8Q.jpg

• Like 1

Barnacles and a little seaweed would look good.

You should make a series of resources with the same theme, and slowly piece a game together alongside whatever else you work on. I want to be able to overhear motherfuckers talking about the new masterpiece made by Dupstar Games and be like, "I used to call that guy a proud american on the internet."

• Like 1

Yeah that was my plan. I was thinking of maybe doing a dried river-mouth to the sea between tall cliffs, And some scattered shipwreck assets. I wont be too ambitious though. I have a habit of quitting projects half way through, because i just don't have the time. But i'll do an object here and there when i can, and slowly piece it together in a game engine.

Working on the environment for the shipwreck. Still very early stages, but I've finally made a start on it. The terrain is built, i just need to populate it with assets and desert bush and other dried seabed things.

yGRdlhD.jpg

The last project hit some technical problems, so i shelved it for now. It's always there if i want to go back to it though. I've now dedicated a big portion of my free time to a new project which will make it onto my portfolio reel. It's a little in-game scene of a local favela in Rio called Santa Marta. I'm planning on focusing my efforts on all the small details, like the odd things laying around the street, the washing haning over the walls and flapping in the wind, the water leaks from the rusty pipe work, and so on. Here's a sample of what i've started, i hope you guys can give me pointers along the way. :)

FuNMugD.jpg

I'm setting myself a deadline for end of September. Hopefully it'll be done before that because of obvious reasons.

• Like 1

Surely you deadline would be the 16th of Sept. then. :huh:

Anyway, just looked through the thread, quickly, but the stuff you're doing looks good. Good luck with it, hope you get to the top with it dude.

• Like 1

It's all portfolio work. I'm not making a blockbuster game or anything, that shit takes years with a whole team. I'm only making scenes of which can show my ability to work professionally. With all my work finished, i'll display it online, on a showreel disc, and send it to various development teams. When i show enough competence, i may get a job out of it.

If you guys want to actually roam around in any of my finished game environments, i can upload a unreal.exe for you guys, but i'll only do that when i get to a semi-finished state. Maybe that'd be a good idea for feedback. You guys can tell me what looks good, what doesn't, and how i can improve it?

• Like 3

I'd love to "beta-test" and critique what you've accomplished so far.

Also, I've spent some time on your site. Looks like you've got the capacity to go very far in your field, DuP. (Y)

• Like 1

It's all portfolio work. I'm not making a blockbuster game or anything, that shit takes years with a whole team. I'm only making scenes of which can show my ability to work professionally. With all my work finished, i'll display it online, on a showreel disc, and send it to various development teams. When i show enough competence, i may get a job out of it.

If you guys want to actually roam around in any of my finished game environments, i can upload a unreal.exe for you guys, but i'll only do that when i get to a semi-finished state. Maybe that'd be a good idea for feedback. You guys can tell me what looks good, what doesn't, and how i can improve it?

I see, great plan. You are pretty Damn good, I really hope it all works out and u get a nice job out of it. If you need testers I'm sure you'll have them lining up. :) including me.

• Like 1