I feel that with all that sand it should open up with the passing of a sand storm, this is just me though.

:)

We already planned some sand blowing past like a light storm. That's one of the reasons the canopy thing is flapping in the wind.

• Like 1

Apart from working on my End of Year film with my production team, I'm trying to work on personal stuff on the side.

Here's a Remington model 870 Tactical Pump-Action shotgun I've been working on for the last two days. It's still work in progress.

HP_Model870_Tactical_PumpAction.jpg

Any suggestions on weapon attachments?

FINALLY, we finished the film. We got short-listed to the top 15-20 groups about a month ago, and then yesterday we just got picked to be in the film day exposé :) We have to go up on stage to introduce our film, and have the chance of winning some high end graphics cards at the end.

Anyway, Thanks guys here for all your suggestions and ideas towards our little game trailer/short film. Some of them made it into the final film.

Here it is:

https://vimeo.com/42962207

• Like 5

yea, nice work... i take it you were the leader on the project?? or at least for the art, and it looked pretty damn good... impressive good sir, impressive... is this a potential game project, or was this a short cinematic trailer for class??

Guest Marney-1

The group decided on that font after going through literally hundreds of them, as we felt it reflected London's upmarket shopping districts. We've been playing with colours for a while, and this one just stood out from the rest.

Here's something like what Fitty suggested:

TheStrandTitlev2.jpg

/edit i dunno why the vignette has turned into a Loony Toons Hole xD bloody online compression!

I'm starting to think of doing an animated sequence now, where the font cracks.. What do you think?

This is some kind of Noir font. Sorry DuP' - doesn't match the setting for me.

I feel really bad saying that.

yea, nice work... i take it you were the leader on the project?? or at least for the art, and it looked pretty damn good... impressive good sir, impressive... is this a potential game project, or was this a short cinematic trailer for class??

The idea was a project based cinematic, to show our potential, not really a full blown game or anything. Now I've got this out of the way though, i can start working on my own personal in-game environments, I think I'll do my next one in the Crysis engine.

It was really fun working on it in a group, but working on it every day for the past 4-5 months was really was hard and draining.

@marney. Yeah we thought that too, if you noticed we did change it in the film :P

i assume that's what it would be like working for any gaming project... long hours and lots of free-time eaten up... you hear about it after every game goes gold, the crew always talks about the long hours and being trapped indoors all day and all weekend... i assume everyone getting into the industry just accepts that fact, lol...

Thanks for all your nice comments.

To be honest we didn't expect to even have animation in it up until about 3-4 months ago. We didn't have an animator on-board until the last minute, so we had to rewrite the cinematography to allow the characters to be animated. Otherwise it would have been just camera pans showing off our environments and all that. So it has come a long way in a short time.

FINALLY, we finished the film. We got short-listed to the top 15-20 groups about a month ago, and then yesterday we just got picked to be in the film day exposé :) We have to go up on stage to introduce our film, and have the chance of winning some high end graphics cards at the end.

Anyway, Thanks guys here for all your suggestions and ideas towards our little game trailer/short film. Some of them made it into the final film.

Here it is:

https://vimeo.com/42962207

is that a... reptile tooth, or claw??

Some of the cuts near the beginning went a little quick but it's very good overall. :)

Believe me, i couldn't agree more. The film was two minutes long, less than two weeks ago. We were told to speed it up for some reason, and that meant re-rendering every single shot in the last few days, and cutting about two shots from the start.

is that a... reptile tooth, or claw??

Lol, that's a funny question actually. We were trying to decide between the lizards tooth and claw for all of pre-production. We finally settled on the claw, the lizard creature attacked the father, and lost his claw. The lizard model has a missing claw on his front left leg if you look carefully. And you see the missing claw in the footprint when she's tracking. We did mean to put a little blood on the footprint, but i think we just forgot in the end.

ahh, ok i see it now after watching it again... i don't know how that little girl was planning on fighting two more of those things after getting lucky taking out the first one that took out her dad... looks like she was doomed....