calimann83

CVG Exclusive Interview with R* North (Imran Sarwar)

So I know this site has some mixed feeling about CVG and GTA 5 O'Clock, but I thought this was worth posting. They give you the actual interview audio (so it's not just CVG making things up) and there are a few interesting points in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBpTePVmdmg

Some points I picked up on:

• Bullet proofing tires and roll bars will be available options for customization
  • Confirmed car impound (if your car disappears you can pay a fee to get it back)
  • Gas (petrol) trails that can be ignited to blow up cars
  • You keep your guns throughout the entire game, you do not lose them.
  • Free flowing fight system – more dynamic. No lock on required
  • Melee plays is more useful in big fights
  • Different enemy’s fight differently and use different tactics.
  • Hint at more destructible environments
  • Shooting stat will effect ammo capacity, reload speed, gun recoil, accuracy, combat movement

• Like 6

You keep your guns throughout the entire game, you do not lose them.

Not sure how I feel about that.

Yeah, me too. I think his biggest point was that it is not like GTA4 where you toss your gun to the ground and lose it when you run out of ammo. Now I would like there to be the ability to mod multiple weapons of the same type and have some stored at safe houses. so like maybe I have one with a scope and one with out and I can just switch at the safe house when I want one or the other.

I guess what he said didn't technically discount that, but it is implied. I just hope you can undo mods.

I got the impression that once a firearm is picked up, it can't be lost through any means, even if you want to. There's something mildly empowering about achieving six five stars after working your way up the weaponry ladder from bare fists.

• Like 1

The impound feature pretty much confirms that we'll be able to buy cars, otherwise every stolen car would be impounded.

Well that's a nice feature if you're right. It would make owning a vehicle more personal. So i guess there is some type of Car saveability. So that's two topic i have been semi right aboot. Right on.

I like the car impound idea, this shows the customisation will be very good. The stats will be useful too, using headshots being rewarding and improving skill.

Trevor and Michaels special ability seems good, but franklins ability means that driving will become easier.....

yeah but remember that the special ability is limited. I am guessing it will only last a few seconds and then take a while to recharge. it's not like you are going to be able to drive around town in sow motion all of the time.

With the car impound I am wondering what will determine what cars will be at the impound and which will not. do you have to buy the car, do you have to save it in the garage at least once, is it only for cars that you have modded? Also, will it stay in the impound forever or will you lose it forever after a while.

regardless I am very happy they are going with an impound over some sort of magic instant car respawner like in SR.

Trevor and Michaels special ability seems good, but franklins ability means that driving will become easier.....

Franklin's ability will be the difference between making that sharp turn or flipping your car and having to bail out while N.O.O.S.E. is unloading assault rifles into your ass. If V's car handling is anything like IV's, I'll take whatever I can get to prevent the latter from happening.

• Like 2

I only liked their Olaf series. The GTAV show is stupid sonce they dont know what theyre talking about. Also I think there will be an impound like in every major county and city. Same with the new LS Repair shop for modding cars. One question I still ask myself is where we would mod weapons. Ammunation or maybe a seperate store.

then simply *gasp* don't use it. no one is forcing anyone to use the special abilities.

I got the impression that once a firearm is picked up, it can't be lost through any means, even if you want to.

i think its like the weapon system of RDR

I only liked their Olaf series. The GTAV show is stupid sonce they dont know what theyre talking about. Also I think there will be an impound like in every major county and city. Same with the new LS Repair shop for modding cars. One question I still ask myself is where we would mod weapons. Ammunation or maybe a seperate store.

its at ammu-nation

CVG did ask skme retarded questions. Can you make your car a weapon? lol... I would have asked if customisation appears in other parts of the game other than car, character and weapon.

:bird: :bird: "Confirmed car impound (if your car disappears you can pay a fee to get it back)"

Nigga what the fuck. Every car i get in to gets destroyed every 2 minutes, i shouldn't have to pay a large "fee" just to get my shit back. It's a game, R* is taking the realism way too seriously. Also Fuck cvg, just because you seen 30 minutes of gameplay doesn't mean you know shit about the game, they want fans to ask them questions even though they mostly respond to them with "we don't know". They are regular nobodies.

:bird: :bird: "Confirmed car impound (if your car disappears you can pay a fee to get it back)"

Nigga what the fuck. Every car i get in to gets destroyed every 2 minutes, i shouldn't have to pay a large "fee" just to get my shit back. It's a game, R* is taking the realism way too seriously. Also Fuck cvg, just because you seen 30 minutes of gameplay doesn't mean you know shit about the game, they want fans to ask them questions even though they mostly respond to them with "we don't know". They are regular nobodies.

Just stop..

• Like 2

Nigga what the fuck. Every car i get in to gets destroyed every 2 minutes, i shouldn't have to pay a large "fee" just to get my shit back. It's a game, R* is taking the realism way too seriously.

How about... This is gonna sound crazy, but just listen... you don't blow your car up?

I know I wouldn't drive like a maniac in a car I just paid for.

• Like 2