Actually the first movie was pretty scary. And a lot of people are terrified of this doll.... So not quite sure what you are talking about jizzy.

• Like 1

I know. Anyway what are your thoughts on this movie Q? You think it will be a decent flick even though it's a straight to DVD movie?

I didn't see any of them accept the some of the 2nd one until like 2 years ago, had a friend who had all the movies in a dvd box set, and I watched them all. They weren't scary at all, the first 3 were unintentionally funny, the bride and the seed were intentionally funny.

FINALLY!!! :jumpy:

And yeah, you watch them now, and they're shit, and not scary in the slightest. When your 4 years old watching them though back in the day, it scares the shit out of you lol. Think the second and third got banned in the UK for a while.

The movie will probably be as bad as all the others, but I will still be buying this, cos Chucky's the boi!

Watch the first one jizzy. Childs play 2 & 3 were already going down the humor route but still held the horror element. Seed of Chucky was god awful. And it wasn't even funny.

• Like 1

@ Craze.... As bad as the others? The only one that was bad was Seed of Chucky. the rest have been decent flicks for what they are. And Chucky is a fucking legend. You have to like him.

What Craze said Jizzy...... It's scary to the people that saw them when they were little.

It's been that long? Damn.

And yeah Bronson, as far as American films go, the Chucky films are crap, but you take them for what they are, low budget films with terrible acting. if it was British made, it'd be acceptable cos we're pretty shit at making films, unless your name is Danny Boyle. Doesn't mean I love them any less, my scare tolerance is pretty much down to watching the first 3 when little, those and "IT". Also the fact that my mums bought an almost full sized Chucky doll when i was 6 or 7 and left it in different places around the house every other day or so, the bitch :P

Anyway, when it's out Bronson?

October 8th. It's a straight to DVD release.

And the voice actor for Chucky, Brad Dourif, is amazing. One of the reasons Chucky is so memorable to this day.

When your 4 years old watching them though back in the day, it scares the shit out of you lol

That. As a younger lad, that hammer-throw scene terrified me.

I think the the movie will be entertaining. The story will be generic so im not expecting a whole lot there, but as long as they dont fill the movie with low budget cgi, i think it could be decent.

The first movie was probably the reason why I hated dolls as a kid...

Looks like it could be O.K if it goes back to it's old horror roots. Instead of the comedic bullshit of Bride and Seed of Chucky.

Also everyone always says that Chucky is nothing to be scared of because of how small he is, and that they could chuck him around and kick his ass easily. But they forget that he has extraordinary strength ( equal too or even greater than that of a man ). He also has the cunning of the Strangler Serial Killer who inhabits the dolls body.