MrMister81

Official Gameplay Video 7/9/2013

Someone pointed out earlier that the sound cone was too small, considering that the source of the sound was a gunshot. But, since the gunfight is taking place in a heavily wooded area, in the middle of a lumber mill, which happens to be the scene of a gang-fueled gunfight...There's plenty of reasons for the shots to be drowned out or dampened. So, to me, this hints towards environmental sounds affecting the audible range of gunshots and (potentially) other sounds, as well.

It is pretty small.

IRL it can be easy to not know where a gun shot came from if it is any real distance away since gun shots tend to echo. So the cone may not be saying that people outside the cone cant hear it, just that they will be unable to track it back to you easily. of course being a video game they may make it small just for game play reasons. I mean if the cone covered half the city every time you fired it might make things a little difficult.

I like the idea of it depending on the environment though.

Lots of gun stores... I wonder what the white icon in the middle represents.

8454954c-5858-45b9-98dd-ccb5092425fd_zps09046fe9.jpg

That is a lot of gun stores, and I would say that is a gun range there.

I did just notice, and maybe this has already been discussed, but two of the safe houses on the map are black while one is white. what do you think that means? Could the black one be houses that are unavailable to you for some reason?

so, this now makes me wonder... are there going to be a distinction between legal and illegal weapons in the game? so maybe at the ammunition you can only buy legal weapons ( no fully automatic, limit mag size... things like that although it may just be specific guns) and if you want to get something like a fully automatic assault rifle (which are illegal in the US for privet ownership) you need to go to an illegal dealer. this would fit with the "get military hardware" on the planning board for one of the heist. To me this indicates some weapons are harder to find then others and they may not always be at the ammunition.

I remember reading in one of the Previews that Rockstar said they were bringing back the Tool Stores from Vice City in some form. And that this would be the primary place you could buy melee weapons. I'm guessing that the weapons sold there would be along the lines of normal tools like hammers, screwdrivers, shovels, and hopefully the Grand Daddy of them all 'The Chainsaw'.

BunchofTools-GTAVC-exterior.jpg

Except when looking at the mini-maps in the Gameplay Trailer, I can't see any icons that could relate to this, so maybe I'm wrong. I can't be bothered looking for the original article mentioning tool stores either. Does anyone remember reading about this, or is it all in my imagination?

• Like 1

so, this now makes me wonder... are there going to be a distinction between legal and illegal weapons in the game? so maybe at the ammunition you can only buy legal weapons ( no fully automatic, limit mag size... things like that although it may just be specific guns) and if you want to get something like a fully automatic assault rifle (which are illegal in the US for privet ownership) you need to go to an illegal dealer. this would fit with the "get military hardware" on the planning board for one of the heist. To me this indicates some weapons are harder to find then others and they may not always be at the ammunition.

How I get military hardware:

Fuck shit up

get 5 stars

loot dead bodies

• Like 1

I'll just leave this here, for those that are worried/curious about driving physics...

http://www.neogaf.co...&postcount=2930

RMouthoff.jpg

Assuming it's a legit response from R*, it might quell some fears about arcade-like driving. On the other hand, it doesn't really say much besides "trust us, this isn't our first rodeo."

• Like 2

I'll just leave this here, for those that are worried/curious about driving physics...

RMouthoff.jpg

Assuming it's a legit response from R*, it might quell some fears about arcade-like driving. On the other hand, it doesn't really say much besides "trust us, this isn't our first rodeo."

I can't understand why some people seem to think the driving in the gameplay vid was arcadey. It looked very much improved upon GTA lV's handling and driving physics. And this is coming from someone who plays a shit ton of racing games.

Just wait and see guys, V's driving will be more satisfying than any previous GTA to date. Hell it might even give full blown Racing Games a run for their money.

This is some gameplay info if that is relevant...

Recently, Rockstar North President Leslie Benzies conducted an interview with the French Gaming website Jeuxactu. Now today, thanks to Offical Xbox Magazine, we have some English snippits of the interview!

"We want to surprise people with very intense missions from the start. The pace of the game is much faster than any of its predecessors. From the beginning, we want to show off the new game mechanics while creating intense, action-packed gameplay, to capture the player's attention immediately."

"Unlike previous GTA's where main characters such as CJ from San Andreas or Niko were newcomers to the city, Michael, Franklin, and Trevor are not.

They already have contacts, they are integrated with the world and lead a busy life - these characteristics should give players a sense of immediate and total immersion. That said, all three main characters won't be playable from the start. We want to give the player the opportunity to get to know the three characters individually, and explore the world as each of them, and it would not have been possible if all three had been available from the start."

• Like 7

Recently, Rockstar North President Leslie Benzies conducted an interview with the French Gaming website Jeuxactu. Now today, thanks to Offical Xbox Magazine, we have some English snippits of the interview!

"We want to surprise people with very intense missions from the start. The pace of the game is much faster than any of its predecessors. From the beginning, we want to show off the new game mechanics while creating intense, action-packed gameplay, to capture the player's attention immediately."

"Unlike previous GTA's where main characters such as CJ from San Andreas or Niko were newcomers to the city, Michael, Franklin, and Trevor are not.

They already have contacts, they are integrated with the world and lead a busy life - these characteristics should give players a sense of immediate and total immersion. That said, all three main characters won't be playable from the start. We want to give the player the opportunity to get to know the three characters individually, and explore the world as each of them, and it would not have been possible if all three had been available from the start."

Very Interesting.

So we'll have only limited access to each of the characters at the beginning of the game. It sounds like a good idea, and means that Rockstar will have better control over what we are exposed too in the beginning portions of the game ( with a more focused introduction ).

Then once we have a better handle on all 3 characters, and the new game mechanics. Rockstar takes away all restrictions and gives us free-reign to decide what we do from then on.

This decision should make getting unrestricted control over the three characters all the more rewarding...

• Like 1

RMouthoff.jpg

in GameInformer, they said to be careful not to over tune your vehicle

That makes sense, let us get used to the game and get introduced to everyone's story first. It will be interesting to see how they work that.

RMouthoff.jpg

The thing that sticks out to me is the word FIRST Official Gameplay Trailer.

Well at the end of the "first" official gameplay, they said the multiplayer portion which I would assume will be the "second" official gameplay is coming soon to, of course, explain the new multiplayer features and stuff. So yeah, you practically knew another gameplay was coming by the end of the first one.

Btw, I pointed this out at 9:15pm yesterday (in the "What Will you be doing" topic). Mind you, I didn't translate the whole article in the forums like this, but this is something Rockstar told us last week...

http://www.igta5.com...post__p__117358