MrMister81

Official Gameplay Video 7/9/2013

Has there been any mention of a bulldozer . Know cranes have been cconfirmed but I'd like to see some sort of heavy duty equipment like that

CVG R* North interview

Your response does't answer my simple yes or no question

ok, yes, in that interview

• Like 1

good cover spot!!

post-24-0-12180100-1373697145.jpg

i really wonder if this issue will ever get fixed, on any game ever made, including next gen... never seen it done properly or handled properly... beginning to think i never will... is it too complex to ask the enemy to try and completely hide out of sight?

They almost got it right in The Last of Us. Apart from popping their heads up from cover.

What they need to do is really study the way people hide behind stuff and actually implement animations for it. At the moment it just seems like a crouch or a lean against wall animation, no matter what the structure. I'm not really complaining though, I always use these fail mechanics to my advantage. But one day, a game will get it right.

yea, but there were those moments where the guy took cover right in front of you, then backed out and went into a more secure location... they had the right idea with trying to constantly hide, but sometimes it was laughable... and i did like how joel leaned up against cover, it really looked like he was hiding... but then there's those moments where he does that and his head sticks out... and enemies look right at him and don't see him :lol:...

they're the closest to getting it right, and i nearly mentioned that in my OP...

Just a minor detail that caught my eye,

the concrete walls in this shootout look like more of the destructible ones from the Securicar heist.

So that gives me hope for a bit more destruction. (Y)

i wonder if you can crash a car into those kinds of walls at any time??

good cover spot!!

i really wonder if this issue will ever get fixed, on any game ever made, including next gen... never seen it done properly or handled properly... beginning to think i never will... is it too complex to ask the enemy to try and completely hide out of sight?

I don't know about cover, but the Rockstar guy in the interview did say that the A.I. would act smarter in gun fights .

So during a gun fight, what would the gameplay be like if your enemies stayed out of sight, in cover, not giving you a chance to shoot them?

Just a minor detail that caught my eye,gameplay-1-taking-cover.jpg

the concrete walls in this shootout look like more of the destructible ones from the Securicar heist.

gameplay-1-then-profit.jpg So that gives me hope for a bit more destruction. (Y)

I wonder if the blue dots on the map are Micheal and Trevor..

I believe so since they are shown on the right-hand character wheel. From what I gather they are active doing something else for this mission so you are able to switch to them. We saw in the helicopter Brad-napping (and previews for it) that if they are flashing that is a hint to switch to them.

I believe so since they are shown on the right-hand character wheel. From what I gather they are active doing something else for this mission so you are able to switch to them. We saw in the helicopter Brad-napping (and previews for it) that if they are flashing that is a hint to switch to them.

That means it will require at least 3 playthroughs to get the full experience out of the missions.

• Like 1

I don't think that's entirely true. Rockstar has said the switching cuts through downtime on and off mission. So you may miss out on a few more enemies but the most action is where they recommend (or force) a switch.

• Like 1

I just wonder why there are a bunch of gang members at a sawmill in the middle of the countryside.

Well woodchips/ sawdust can mask the smell of various drug labs such as methamphetamine labs. So maybe they've got a drug operation going on there.

Mexican Drug Cartels have used a similar setup at factories to mask the smell of their Meth Laboratories.

*Edit ~ Or it could just be a Drug/ Arms Deal that Franklin has dropped in on to fuck up the Ballas day...

its like a week before my birthday so I will try and have my money tie to it and I will be distracted too but its nice having rockstar on earth. ..

Indeed. So glad they decided to green light the move here. Cut shipping prices down a shitload.

• Like 3

I just wonder why there are a bunch of gang members at a sawmill in the middle of the countryside.

Well woodchips/ sawdust can mask the smell of various drug labs such as methamphetamine labs. So maybe they've got a drug operation going on there.

Mexican Drug Cartels have used a similar setup at factories to mask the smell of their Meth Laboratories.

*Edit ~ Or it could just be a Drug/ Arms Deal that Franklin has dropped in on to fuck up the Ballas day...

You have definitely been watching Breaking Bad.

• Like 1

I dunno. Concealing your left shoulder and nothing else behind a wall doesn't sound too smart to me.

But yet in the end, he was the only one to survive. lol

• Like 1

Meh... don't know if this has been pointed out yet. The part where Franklin is shooting those thugs, every time he shoots his gun a red circle appears around his icon on the radar then suddenly disappears. I'm guessing it's the "noise radius".

9c6c18ee-2982-42b1-9962-b6cfe34d9a1c_zps73472230.jpg

Meh... don't know if this has been pointed out yet. The part where Franklin is shooting those thugs, every time he shoots his gun a red circle appears around his icon on the radar then suddenly disappears. I'm guessing it's the "noise radius".

9c6c18ee-2982-42b1-9962-b6cfe34d9a1c_zps73472230.jpg

I thought it was when your actually shooting them it turns red

Well i've noticed a couple things that made me very happy. In the scene were you switch from Michael to Trevor The camera is centered behind the Bhodi :clap: and the sound of the vehicles is much more realistic it's got that thump that you need from a v8.

Someone pointed out earlier that the sound cone was too small, considering that the source of the sound was a gunshot. But, since the gunfight is taking place in a heavily wooded area, in the middle of a lumber mill, which happens to be the scene of a gang-fueled gunfight...There's plenty of reasons for the shots to be drowned out or dampened. So, to me, this hints towards environmental sounds affecting the audible range of gunshots and (potentially) other sounds, as well.

• Like 3

Lots of gun stores... I wonder what the white icon in the middle represents.

8454954c-5858-45b9-98dd-ccb5092425fd_zps09046fe9.jpg

I take it you're taking about the gun in the cross hairs, which probably represents a shooting range because i doubt all gun stores have one. And holy shit that's a lot of gun stores.