MrMister81

Official Gameplay Video 7/9/2013

On a tangentially related topic, here's some wild, unfounded speculation... I'm thinking yesterday might have been the beginning of a weekly schedule for video releases. I wouldn't be surprised to see as many as 10 feature-specific gameplay videos (I think MP3 had around 7), each 1-2 minutes with a relatively narrow focus (i.e. "This is Chop, Franklin can order him to attack enemies" and "GTA Online is ZOMG SO AWESOME!!!1") The hype machine is reaching full throttle, and R* will want to sustain it as much as possible.

• Like 1

I can't enlighten you as to how. I can only scream to my God from the top of Mt. Chiliad, so that all of Blaine County can hear:

"WHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYY?"

I think that the "83 days" on the character selector, on the gameplay is an username for like the GTA Online.

What do you guys think?

Thats a good assumption.. Everybody is trying to start theories about that "83 days" on the character selector when it's probably how many days were left until release at the time they created that portion of the video.. nothing more..

The trees still look like shit:(

They'll look better on the PS4 version. :ermm: They might of looked better in the 1st trailer cos it was in the initial stages of map making, and then realize they had to cut the quality of certain graphics to keep the game from over loading and giving lag while the map loads from one area to another?? I'm guessing, but makes sense to me. :P

Ah, nice 'n clean now.

Marijuana dispensaries. Opinions?

When I saw this in the vid, I started stressing. I'm hoping it's cosmetic (like a little animation that plays when you switch to Franklin occasionally) rather than being a functional shop.

As we learnt last month, the Australian Board of Classification has a real problem with drug-use (if it's interactive or rewards the player at all), and if we're huffing medicinal marijuana to increase health or stamina or anything REMOTELY like that, us Aussies are not going to get the game...

There was only a handful of other things that I thought they may take issue with, and that was animal cruelty (but they seemed fine with RDR and Farcry 3), nudity/sexual content (again, they were fine with TLAD, TBOGT, Blood Dragon, Max Payne 3 ect.) and Trevor's gas can (but setting people on fire is in most sandbox games, even animals), so we SHOULD be okay as long as Trevor doesn't get a turbo boost from smoking a crack pipe or something...

I don't think it'll serve as a reward, per se. It'll likely be similar to drinking in GTA IV -- impairing reaction time, etc.

The vehicle customization reminds me of so many plays of §an Andreas. Looking forward to this for sure.

Love to customize vehicles for any reason at all, if just for fun.

Bullet proof tires, awesome. Roll bars? Let's take them off the mountain.

Also the switching back and forth between characters during heists could prove cool as well.

Possibilities there are fucking endless to say the least.

...and about 100 other things.

I'll get 100% in the game if it takes me 6 months. Looks to be epic to say the least.

• Like 1

supposedly 83 days is the in game time played

Or maybe, they have a certain amount of days to get a certain amount of cash for some sort of deadline, there might be a reason why they have to do so many heists.

Or maybe, you have to play a certain amount of single player days before you can play online. <----- Doubtful. Or maybe that many game days until you can customize your online character.

To me, it's obvious it's something to do with the 4th character you can play, which is connect to your online play I believe, i'm not up together with the facts on that and maybe I've missed something.

Maybe there's a 4th protagonist, again doubtful.

Ah, nice 'n clean now.

Marijuana dispensaries. Opinions?

When I saw this in the vid, I started stressing. I'm hoping it's cosmetic (like a little animation that plays when you switch to Franklin occasionally) rather than being a functional shop.

As we learnt last month, the Australian Board of Classification has a real problem with drug-use (if it's interactive or rewards the player at all), and if we're huffing medicinal marijuana to increase health or stamina or anything REMOTELY like that, us Aussies are not going to get the game...

There was only a handful of other things that I thought they may take issue with, and that was animal cruelty (but they seemed fine with RDR and Farcry 3), nudity/sexual content (again, they were fine with TLAD, TBOGT, Blood Dragon, Max Payne 3 ect.) and Trevor's gas can (but setting people on fire is in most sandbox games, even animals), so we SHOULD be okay as long as Trevor doesn't get a turbo boost from smoking a crack pipe or something...

i mean no offense by this but why does your country care about something like that at all it seems like a stupid thing to worry about when i can bet theres a lot more serious things to worry about

They'll look better on the PS4 version. :ermm: They might of looked better in the 1st trailer cos it was in the initial stages of map making, and then realize they had to cut the quality of certain graphics to keep the game from over loading and giving lag while the map loads from one area to another?? I'm guessing, but makes sense to me. :P

For the love of god, STOP BITCHIN ABOUT FRICKIN TREES!!!!!

• Like 3

For the love of god, STOP BITCHIN ABOUT FRICKIN TREES!!!!!

This is an on going joke that has been going on for a long time. Nobody really cares about the trees.

Edited by TreeFitty
Don't flame.
  • Like 1

supposedly 83 days is the in game time played

Or maybe, they have a certain amount of days to get a certain amount of cash for some sort of deadline, there might be a reason why they have to do so many heists.

Or maybe, you have to play a certain amount of single player days before you can play online. <----- Doubtful. Or maybe that many game days until you can customize your online character.

To me, it's obvious it's something to do with the 4th character you can play, which is connect to your online play I believe, i'm not up together with the facts on that and maybe I've missed something.

Maybe there's a 4th protagonist, again doubtful.

I think the fourth person option will be the person you hire to help, then it goes blank when you finish the mission

• Like 1