MrMister81

Official Gameplay Video 7/9/2013

Is this a dig at Saints Row? It seems like it :)

gameplay-1-tourist-traps-are-everywhere.jpg

I don't know - looks like the Republican Space Rangers and maybe, the new democrat character I am sure was mentioned in one of the previews.

Or a SR4 pisstake...

• Like 1

Wow, i really like the whole characters go about their normal lives thing, wonder if there are any times when you can't switch away from a character, like running away from cops. But if you can, what happens to the character you left, will be interesting to play around with that. How clever will the CPU be on that side of thing, can see it being glitchy at time, cant what to find out.

(Y)

gameplay-1-steady-aim.jpg

no wind meter... well then, that's answers that :P...

like i said, such attention to details with the minigames that they actually feel like minigames and not something slapped in there for cheap thrills...

gameplay-1-fore.jpg

i mean look at this... i fucking love golf, i play it all the time, and i've played a ton of golf games... now i get to play as michael and break some clubs when i double bogey!! this legitimately looks like a tiger woods 2013 game to me...

i mean look at this... i fucking love golf, i play it all the time, and i've played a ton of golf games... now i get to play as michael and break some clubs when i double bogey!! this legitimately looks like a tiger woods 2013 game to me...

To be fair, it looks better than Tiger woods. Plus if you lose, you get to shot your opponent and take your winnings.

I wonder if eventually GTA will turn into a game full of every other type of game you can get. Go to a in-game console and play a multiplayer FPS COD like with everyone else on the rockstar network. Or go to a stadium and play a FIFA type game, or other types of team sports games. You'd never need to buy any other game but GTA if they did it with enough quality.

To be fair, it looks better than Tiger woods. Plus if you lose, you get to shot your opponent and take your winnings.

I wonder if eventually GTA will turn into a game full of every other type of game you can get. Go to a in-game console and play a multiplayer FPS COD like with everyone else on the rockstar network. Or go to a stadium and play a FIFA type game, or other types of team sports games. You'd never need to buy any other game but GTA if they did it with enough quality.

I see that working on next gen with the cloud. EA will probably port FIFA or something through Sims 4

EA will probably port FIFA or something through Sims 4

I doubt they'd put a good game into a crap one, that'd be like putting Fallout into a Wolfenstein game. I meant that rockstar could end up putting their own spin on versions of different game genres into a GTA game. They've already got Tiger woods, Virtual Tennis, and Tour da France, sorted.

• Like 1

well, i do like the hit stick aspect of tiger woods... this is more hot shots style with the meter... but it's fucking golf in GTA... and is it online as well?? this might actually convince my friend who loves golf but hates anything but golf games to buy GTA lol...

-----------

also, there's something i got to thinking about while looking at those screencaps...

notice in the multiplayer one that the health bar looks half full for everyone?? no, no, no, my friends... that's your armor rating... once that's depleted, then the entire bar turns into your health meter... then that probably replenishes if you stay out of trouble for a while... but the armor rating is a set health bar...

soooo... they kind of combined the health and armor meter into one... IMO of course ;)...

• Like 1

I was very impressed with thelevel of detail for the mini games. they usually seem like an after thought, but now it seems like they really went all out on them.

also, there's something i got to thinking about while looking at those screencaps...

notice in the multiplayer one that the health bar looks half full for everyone?? no, no, no, my friends... that's your armor rating... once that's depleted, then the entire bar turns into your health meter... then that probably replenishes if you stay out of trouble for a while... but the armor rating is a set health bar...

soooo... they kind of combined the health and armor meter into one... IMO of course ;)...

...but you can lose health without losing armor. at least you could in GTA4. that seems like it could get confusing.

such attention to detail with the wind meter... i wonder if that wind pattern carries over with any sniper rifle, or just with hunting?

This may not necessarily mean that the wind meter is unavailable outside of hunting. Could just be a different type of rifle or a fancy-ass customization.

• Like 1

wish they would of shown more gang activity considering thats what GTA SA was based around.. I mean if this game is just about robbing places, i might be a little disappointed. :buttsecks:

such attention to detail with the wind meter... i wonder if that wind pattern carries over with any sniper rifle, or just with hunting?

This may not necessarily mean that the wind meter is unavailable outside of hunting. Could just be a different type of rifle or a fancy-ass customization.

Or it could only be where wind comes into effect particularly long shots especially with a long rifle so I wouldn't count it out seeing what we've seen so far

There will be more to it than that. The heists are just the story for the three players together. There are three individual side stories to play out too. Even if it were just heists, it's nice to have some purpose to the story. As much as I enjoyed IV I didn't get into the story of Niko. He didn't seem to have purpose. These guys seem to have something to work toward.

• Like 1

Did anyone notice the Time Dilation/ Slow-Down when Franklin brought up the weapon wheel at 03:14 in the video.

image_305501_fit_940.jpg

Should make changing weapons on the fly in mid-combat a little bit easier.

Overall the combat looked a lot more fluid, smoothly blind firing from cover and transitioning very fast into the combat jog picking off targets along the way. Then changing weapons in the blink of an eye ( from the enemies perspective ), to continue taking out targets with a different weapon more suitable for distant targets ( going from the pistol to the carbine assault rifle ).

If you couple the Weapon-Wheel Slow-Down effect, with Michaels Bullet-Time ability. Michael could almost permanently be able to slow down time and remain untouchable. :D

^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^

Also wouldn't it be cool if you could influence the Stock Market.

Like say going into one of the Clothing Department Stores and shooting all the customers and staff. The massacre is then on the next News Bulletin, and the Stock in the company takes a big nose dive. After which you decide to capitalize on the misfortune by buying as much stock in the company as you can afford. Then you go back to the store a week later and buy a ton of hats, shirts, pants, watches and chains, worth thousands of dollars to boost the company's share price back up. And once the shares have more then doubled their original price, you sell all your stock in the company, and double or perhaps even triple your money...

• Like 2

wish they would of shown more gang activity considering thats what GTA SA was based around.. I mean if this game is just about robbing places, i might be a little disappointed. :buttsecks:

That's probably one of the dumbest things I've heard. Why in the world would this game be based on gang activity because San Andreas was? And did you even watch the video? There's a lot more to do than 'just robbing places'. Besides, that will be one of the best parts as you have to plan it yourself.

• Like 1

The car explosions look pretty cartoonish, very similar to Sleepy Dawgz. Overall, it is a very cool gameplay trailer.

It looks like heaps of fun. The only thing that got to me were the graphics. With how big the game is though, that won't affect me.

I think the graphics look pretty good.

Yeah, I guess. I think I'm looking at that rappelling backpack too much.