MrMister81

Official Gameplay Video 7/9/2013

Noticed that the font for ammo count is identical to the one from IV. Anybody think that'll change?

I noticed that as well, the font and color are identical to GTA4. it could change, we have no clue how long ago that footage was taken.

Do you see buyable cars as a confirmed feature?

Most likely, since we can customize them. What's the point in pimping your car with $5000 if when you enter a mission you loose it forever?

What's wrong with the driving? The cars in GTA IV were very soft and floaty. To me, the handling in the trailer looks like thay just made the suspension stiffer and more realistic.

Overall, it looks amazing! Especially the customization :faplight:

• Like 1

What's wrong with the driving? The cars in GTA IV were very soft and floaty. To me, the handling in the trailer looks like thay just made the suspension stiffer and more realistic.

It looks like Arcade driving. Doesnt have the "feel" of previous GTA's

well, you could juist safe stolen cars in your (confirmed) garage.What i would like to see is that bought cars have some advantages like a harder to get star ranking (in other words, stolen ones get them easier)

well, you could juist safe stolen cars in your (confirmed) garage.What i would like to see is that bought cars have some advantages like a harder to get star ranking (in other words, stolen ones get them easier)

Like a bought car will never disappear? It will either stay where you left it or it will get impounded and you can pick it up from the impound lot whenever you want.

It looks like Arcade driving. Doesnt have the "feel" of previous GTA's

All GTA's before GTA IV had arcadey driving. All I see in the trailer is GTA IV's handling with better suspension. And they are still using the same engine as GTA IV so it can't be that different. You also have to remember that, in both of the scenes that are being questioned, they're driving high-end sports cars. Those moves couldn't be pulled off in GTA IV because of the unrealistically soft suspension, but could be pulled off in real life (not taking into account that fact that the driver couldn't have reacted fast enough).

I like how everyone was complaining about how IV's driving was so shitty and the cars handled like boats, but now they are backpedaling so hard now that they see that there are different driving mechanics. Rockstar said they were going to make the driving feel more like a racing game a long time ago. Why people act like they don't know that is beyond me.

• Like 2

first off, i know it´s off-topic n shit but hear me out.

i really don´t get it. with every new trailer r* releases it´s the same thing. it doesn´t take long until the first guys start bitchin about graphics, map size, customisation or whatsoever. now it´s the driving mechanics. :wall:

r* said that they will improve driving mechanics, so i bet they will have done that. i will sacrifice my left ball if r* releases the game on sept. 17th an say "oops, sorry. we totally forgot about that ...".

none of us has played a single second of the game. why can´t we just wait until it´s released, see how it feels and complain afterwards if it´s so important?

and finally (and that´s just my opinion). even if the driving is still a little bit floaty i won´t give a single fuck about that. that´s not what the game is all about. you want more realistic driving? go play gran turismo!

keep in mind, the main reason why we are all members of this forum is that we are fans of the gta series! the game will support us with endless hours of fun and tons of stuff to do and to explore. from what we have seen by now i think it´s safe to say that if somebody will be disappointed by it, then sorry man but you are just unsatisfiable.

i bet that on sept. 17th every single one of us will sit in front of their PS3/xbox360 with the biggest grin on their faces like a little boy on xmas eve (and most likely with a wet crotch too) wandering around in LS, overwhelmed by it´s pure awesomeness and one little flaw (whatever it might be) will no longer matter.

... and yes, i´m sorry for all the complaining but i just couln´t hold it back anymore.

• Like 5

first off, i know it´s off-topic n shit but hear me out.

i really don´t get it. with every new trailer r* releases it´s the same thing. it doesn´t take long until the first guys start bitchin about graphics, map size, customisation or whatsoever. now it´s the driving mechanics. :wall:

r* said that they will improve driving mechanics, so i bet they will have done that. i will sacrifice my left ball if r* releases the game on sept. 17th an say "oops, sorry. we totally forgot about that ...".

none of us has played a single second of the game. why can´t we just wait until it´s released, see how it feels and complain afterwards if it´s so important?

and finally (and that´s just my opinion). even if the driving is still a little bit floaty i won´t give a single fuck about that. that´s not what the game is all about. you want more realistic driving? go play gran turismo!

keep in mind, the main reason why we are all members of this forum is that we are fans of the gta series! the game will support us with endless hours of fun and tons of stuff to do and to explore. from what we have seen by now i think it´s safe to say that if somebody will be disappointed by it, then sorry man but you are just unsatisfiable.

i bet that on sept. 17th every single one of us will sit in front of their PS3/xbox360 with the biggest grin on their faces like a little boy on xmas eve (and most likely with a wet crotch too) wandering around in LS, overwhelmed by it´s pure awesomeness and one little flaw (whatever it might be) will no longer matter.

... and yes, i´m sorry for all the complaining but i just couln´t hold it back anymore.

Ah, but see you forget that people need things to complain about in order to make themselves feel important and relevant.

I like how everyone was complaining about how IV's driving was so shitty and the cars handled like boats, but now they are backpedaling so hard now that they see that there are different driving mechanics. Rockstar said they were going to make the driving feel more like a racing game a long time ago. Why people act like they don't know that is beyond me.

i've always loved GTAIV's driving, you can go all the way back to the old boards with that one (way before your time i'm sure)... when they said they tweaked the mechanics and made it more like racing, i cringed... and it was evident in the gameplay video that it will feel more like a racing game when driving...

it's just one of those things that, personally, you wished they didn't mess with, but in the end you'll get used to it and forget all about it... i can complain all i want, but until i actually play it, i have no clue how it's going to be...

• Like 3

I dont know if this has been mentioned, but from the looks if it. It seems the gameplay was played on the PS3 which makes me happy... Also the video itself was overall absolutely amazing, almost everything i wanted and more!!! My only complaints is the fact that they didnt show any of the special abilities or how to use them, and it wasnt as colorful as i expected, but i understand the realism they were going for, Happy they are using the weapon wheel! :clap:

I dont know if this has been mentioned, but from the looks if it. It seems the gameplay was played on the PS3 which makes me happy... Also the video itself was overall absolutely amazing, almost everything i wanted and more!!! My only complaints is the fact that they didnt show any of the special abilities or how to use them, and it wasnt as colorful as i expected, but i understand the realism they were going for, Happy they are using the weapon wheel! :clap:

No really. They only showed the PS3 buttons while rappeling

Da fuq? All of the future and past PS controls have been the same minus some minor changes

wrong on that one dick hole. It was on car customization and clothes purchase too

Its the space program guy from GTAIV with a new guy. If it is a dig at SR then SR is screwed at comebacks. Kinda like MS with their Xbone

It looks like heaps of fun. The only thing that got to me were the graphics. With how big the game is though, that won't affect me.

I think the graphics look pretty good.

wrong on that one dick hole. It was on car customization and clothes purchase too

Well fuck me.

when they said they paid a ton of attention to minigames and such, i didn't expect to see this...

gameplay-1-dont-shoot-bambis-dad.jpg

such attention to detail with the wind meter... i wonder if that wind pattern carries over with any sniper rifle, or just with hunting?

• Like 5