MrMister81

Official Gameplay Video 7/9/2013

The article posted by gameinformer also says that their will be more than 1000 customizations available, to me that's a LOT.

Can't wait for this game.

Not necessarily, just because 1000 customizations sounds like a big number, doesn't really mean that the actual customization is that in-depth. Remember that it covers everything from safehouses, clothing and tattoos, too haircuts, clothing ( for all three protags ) and vehicles. I saw the customization for the vehicles, and I wasn't overly impressed by the one tone colour scheme for the car shown ( even though there was 75 of them ).

Where were the more complex options for decaling? Or the Body Kits? Where was the in-depth paint job customization? All that was shown was a one colour option similar to the random colour change at Pay-n-Spray's in GTA lV.

Maybe RockStar couldn't afford to take the time to render all the possible variations of paintjobs needed for more in-depth customization ( which could sacrifice graphical performance ). So far I would say that the car customization looks like it is relatively shallow ( kind of like San Andreas's vehicle customization was ).

It's just the tip of the iceberg man, no need to slit your wrist over it.

I got a chuckle out of the voiceover reference to "sensible investments" as Trevor stands in his tighty-whities contemplating a "Fuck Cops" tattoo.

the tip of the iceberg man, no need to slit your wrist over it.

Hopefully you're right. And there's a lot more RockStar is holding back...

Take a look at this, it looks like there's some yellow paint mixed in with the orange paint.. would you consider that an advanced paint job?

RSG_GTAV_Screenshot_284_zps2377ea3f.jpg

Hehe. Most of the people that said they were going to wait watched the gameplay anyway. Pussies. Also car customization and gun customization would be comparable to SR3. You can tune almost everything in a car and modify the fuck out of your gun. Not like in TBOGT where the suppresor in the P90 had no effect.

I think that's more just a metallic paint job.

Good point. Could be debatable.

could be simple metallic or metallic with colored flakes or even some sort of pearlescent...

IV already had this pearlescent-ish color tones (Contender and Infernus come to mind but even more obvious if you use the color options that come with the simple trainer on pc), looks like R* kept these in V

Some other things I noticed on my second watch.

Weapon wheel is similar to RDR (sorry I never played MP3 so RDR is my best comparison) where you can select a weapon on the wheel and then switch between weapons in that category. They also give you stats on the weapon.

something interesting I noticed. so as people pointed out already when they bring up the character selection wheel there is a number on the bottom. well when Franklin brought up the weapon wheel it shows the character wheel in the corner and there is the outline of a person on the bottom.

Franklin buys something (water?) in a store, drinks from it then puts the cap back on and puts it away. Is there an inventory? maybe you can buy things that give you health or stat boost and save them for later?

I believe franklin bought some dank ass pot he sniffed it and put it in his pocket

Yeah I missed the pot sign before. The point is he keeps it so I am thinking there might be an inventory.

Some other things I noticed on my second watch.

Weapon wheel is similar to RDR (sorry I never played MP3 so RDR is my best comparison) where you can select a weapon on the wheel and then switch between weapons in that category. They also give you stats on the weapon.

something interesting I noticed. so as people pointed out already when they bring up the character selection wheel there is a number on the bottom. well when Franklin brought up the weapon wheel it shows the character wheel in the corner and there is the outline of a person on the bottom.

Franklin buys something (water?) in a store, drinks from it then puts the cap back on and puts it away. Is there an inventory? maybe you can buy things that give you health or stat boost and save them for later?

I believe franklin bought some dank ass pot he sniffed it and put it in his pocket

Yeah I missed the pot sign before. The point is he keeps it so I am thinking there might be an inventory.

maybe its like a health boost like pain killers in max payne lol

I've put together a transcript of the vocals and description of footage heard and seen in today's gameplay video. Chock-full of valuable info for the information pedants in all of us. Here's everything, ladies and deviants.

(funky, fast-paced bass line with drums is heard; several views of activity within the world flash on the screen; an American female voice-over narrates)

"With Grand Theft Auto Five, Rockstar have tried to re-imagine the open-world game in a number of ways. The game world is beautiful, massive, and diverse. A sprawling, satirical re-imagining of modern Southern California, covering mountains and oceans, expensive stores and strip malls, urban decay and untouched wilderness, beaches and backwoods. The sublime, and the ridiculous. Greed, and hypocrisy. (dialogue follows; Franklin's employer and Franklin are arguing)

Simeon Yetarian: "You tell me exactly what you want, and I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be!"

Franklin: "What?!"

(white text over a black screen: "An Introduction To The World Of", followed by the logo)

(dialogue follows: Franklin walks in on the other two characters, who are in the midst of planning a heist)

Franklin: "So what we doin' here?"

Trevor: "We're workin', amigo!"

(Trevor gestures towards a small, but busy wall, covered in text, overlapping arrows, and photographs)

(American female voice-over continues)

"For the first time, the game features not one, but three would-be heroes."

(a detonation occurs, visibly and audibly while the trio watches; Trevor asks a question of the other two)

Trevor: "So now what?"

"Michael: a once-successful bank robber (Tracey complains of Jimmy's bullying in the background) and now less successful family man." (dialogue follows: Jimmy instigates an argument with his father)

Jimmy: "Y'know, you're a real asshole!"

Michael, visibly angered, approaches Jimmy menacingly: "What did you just say to me?!"

Amanda, interrupting, visibly frightened and banging on the granite island in the kitchen: "Stop it! You're ruining my yoga!"

"Franklin: a hungry street hustler convinced he's surrounded by morons." (dialogue follows; Franklin and Lamar are arguing)

Franklin: "We can't repo the assets of a dead man, bitch-sittin' cheap asshole!" (?)

"And then there's Trevor...the less said about him, the better."

(camera follows Trevor's desperate and frustrated attempts in body disposal, the Blaine County way. He tries very hard to flush a severed calf and foot down a toilet, presumably his, while screaming in frustration)

"Introducing three lead characters transforms both the narrative into one interwoven story, and the structure of individual missions. Players can cut between vantage points--"

Michael, anxiously into a headset: "Yeah, I could use a little backup here!"

"--and from one high-octane moment to another."

(camera zooms from Michael's over-the-shoulder perspective to a building several hundred meters away)

Franklin, coolly in response to Michael's request: "I gotcha." (Franklin opens fire, using his sniper rifle, on Michael's attackers. Two are disposed of, then the game's perspective returns to Michael)

Michael, glancing up at Trevor and his helicopter: "Get us outta here!"

Trevor, coolly: "Rrrroger that!"

"This helps to give missions new levels of diversity and intensity."

(camera switches from a perspective of overseeing some destruction at the hands of the protags to Franklin, who has just walked out of a head shop, cleverly named 'Smoke on The Water'. Female voice-over continues)

"When not on a mission, the use of three lead characters also allow for a touch of voyeurism. As you can drop in at any moment, and find out what your new friends have been up to as they go about their days--"

(as she speaks, the camera zooms into a birds-eye perspective, climbing ever higher in increments before panning and dropping back down on Michael and his son, who have just returned from an invigorating cycling trip. Jimmy speaks:)

Jimmy, wheezing: "Jeez, pop! Too much more of that, and maybe I won't be dead by thirty-five!"

(more funky music plays as the camera changes perspectives again, this time to Trevor who is [seemingly not too far away] in Blaine County and on the run from the law. Trevor, taunting his pursuers, yells:)

Trevor: "HEY, OFFICER! SPEED IT UP, THIS IS GETTIN' WAY OUTTA HAND!"

(a brief glimpse of an overhead cinematic camera reveals a good-sized police force at Trevor's heels [er, bumper], complete with air support in the form of a police helicopter. The voice-over continues)

"The world is not only huge, it's packed with a vast array of things to see and do. Cars to customize, planes to fly, clothes to buy, sports to play, nirvanas to pursue, oceans to dive, animals to spot, hunt, and be hunted by. Freaks to watch, meet and befriend."

(a so-called freak in a Founding-Fathers-type wig yells at a passing Franklin)

Freak, to Franklin: Now get the hell outta here!

"Bounties to hunt, and on and on..."

(Trevor is seen abusing a man whilst an overweight woman watches, amused. Dialogue follows)

Redneck woman, to Trevor: "How've ya been?"

Trevor: "Oh! Simply wonderful. And you?"

Redneck woman, sarcastically: "Somewhere stuck between joyful and peachy."

(with a cut of the camera, we're focusing on Franklin, who is busy gunning down a horde of evil-doers at what looks to be an old logging facility. The voice-over continues)

"There's also been a huge focus on mechanics in the game, to make every aspect as fun and fluid as it is broad."

(Franklin reloads his assault rifle and the camera cuts to a protagonist speeding through Los Santos, then Michael practicing his skills at a gun range. Voice-over continues)

"Everything from driving to shooting, to tennis and bike-riding, feels fun and responsive. However, alongside all this leisure, people also have to take care of business. For all their pretentions, these men are dangerous thieves." (dialogue follows)

Michael, to his comrades: "It's an industrial area, right? So I'm thinkin' vehicles. Trash truck to block, tow truck to sack it." (these two events are depicted explicitly)

"To survive, they have to set up, and pull off a series of increasingly audacious heists." (an unnamed white male speaks to the Terrible Trio)

White male, gesturing to a whiteboard marked up with heist plans: "Gentlemen! Some plans for your attention?"

(as a first-person camera looks over some plans, the American female voice-over continues)

"The player sets these up themselves, then decides how they execute them, and with whom."

(the camera pans over three sketch portraits of employees, labelled as Driver, Gunman, and Hacker. Listed alongside their names and faces are attributes like Vehicle Choice, Max Health, and Decryption Skill, respectively. Also listed is each employee's "Cut" in percentage.)

(in voice-over, the white male speaks:)

White male: There are two ways I see of doing this. We go in smart..."

(the camera trains on a vent within an upscale jewelry-store. A noxious green gas seeps from the vent, knocking the inhabitants of the store out cold. The trio slips in, undetected in full Bugstars regalia, while Michael whispers, "Let's go." White male voice-over continues)

White male: "...or we go in loud 'n dumb."

(the trio enters the jewelry store's front door very overtly. Michael screams orders at the patrons:)

Michael, loudly: "Ladies and gentlemen! This is your moment! Please don't make me ruin all the great work your plastic surgeons have been doin'!"

(the original female voice-over continues)

"After the take has been divided, you decide what to spend your money on. Anything from sensible investments like tattoos and fast cars, to risky ventures like stocks and Los Santos real estate."

(audible pride shows in the narrator's voice as she speaks the following:)

"And then, there's Grand Theft Auto Online, which we will show you properly soon."

(the logo, release date and platform logos show on a black field. Notable text: "THIS VIDEO WAS CAPTURED ENTIRELY FROM IN-GAME FOOTAGE". Rockstar logo follows, then blackness.)

• Like 2

So do we think that the accompanying music is a taste of what the score is going to feel like? It seems like it totally blends in with the character switch. I don't know if I like it that much yet. I mean I'm really diggin the eighties vibe, but it sounds way too much like the Ambient score in Skate 3, which I hated.

ViceMan approves. (Y)

Fryman approves your approval (no idea how to put the thumbs up from my phone, or at all)

Looks like they fucked up the driving. Looks retarded

your names retarded

ViceMan approves. (Y)

Fryman approves your approval (no idea how to put the thumbs up from my phone, or at all)

your names retarded

So ironic

• Like 1

The article posted by gameinformer also says that their will be more than 1000 customizations available, to me that's a LOT.

Can't wait for this game.

Not necessarily, just because 1000 customizations sounds like a big number, doesn't really mean that the actual customization is that in-depth. Remember that this number covers every car and bike in the game, so how many customizations would each individual vehicle have/ and how deep is the customizability of each vehicle. I saw the customization for the vehicles, and I wasn't overly impressed by the one tone colour scheme for the car shown ( even though there was 75 of them ).

Where were the more complex options for decaling? Or the Body Kits? Where was the in-depth paint job customization? All that was shown was a one colour option similar to the random colour change at Pay-n-Spray's in GTA lV.

Maybe RockStar couldn't afford to take the time to render all the possible variations of paintjobs needed for more in-depth customization ( which would sacrifice graphical performance ). So far I would say that the car customization looks like it is relatively shallow ( kind of like San Andreas's vehicle customization was ).

What are all the kinds of cosmetic alterations you can make to the vehicles? How deep do you plan to go?

In addition to the many cosmetic customization alterations such as body kits, paint jobs/finishes, wheels, exhaust tips, window tints, tire smoke color, bull-bars, extra lights, and lots of other extra accessories, we have modifications that will affect gameplay and vehicle performance. Some of the modifications that affect gameplay include brakes, engine tuning, suspension, horns, bulletproof tires, panel armor, and of course, a general repair! There are more than 1,000 modifications in total. And when you're done customizing your car, you can take a picture of it using the in-game cell phone and upload them to the Social Club.

Sounds pretty in depth to me. Also it reads like the 1000 customization options account for vehicle-customization only.

Also it reads like the 1000 customization options account for vehicle-customization only.

^ that

...I saw the customization for the vehicles, and I wasn't overly impressed by the one tone colour scheme for the car shown ( even though there was 75 of them )...

...Where was the in-depth paint job customization? All that was shown was a one colour option...

@Black, notice on the paint job screen that the header says "Primary Colors" and gives the 75 options. This implies that there will also be a "Secondary Colors" option, and possibly further control over how those two (or more) colors are represented/blended.

So we see 75 primary colors + 26 options for wheels... That means there are "more than" 899 options yet to be revealed!

Since we can clearly buy drugs, I wonder what we can do with them. Hopefully we can sell them, with the game revolving around money and all.

xw1.png

I know. Totally killed it for me. Canceling my pre-order as we speak.

• Like 1

Noticed that the font for ammo count is identical to the one from IV. Anybody think that'll change?

Why does that even matter?