I feel like this game flew under the radar for a lot of people at E3 this year, but it got me very excited.

It's an online open world racing game set in the whole of the United States featuring everything from racing on the streets, off-road and even tracks, In addition to challenges like takedowns and off-roading. Cars can be customized for the nature of your race or challenge.

What I found to be so impressive is the sheer size of the game, you could literally drive from LA to New York! There are plenty of US cities featured in the game as well as diverse countrysides. I found the following interview with Julian Gerighty, the games creative director to be quite informative, although I should warn you that Greg Millers laugh will rape your ears

http://www.ign.com/v...gn-live-e3-2013

This game looks like it will be great, but it's also got me really excited at what a next gen GTA might be like.

Yeah it did seem to get lost among all the many other driving game trailers at E3 this year. The only problem with The Crew was that all we saw was what seemed like a very polished cinematic trailer. Unless it has gameplay in it, people don't seem to take much notice. People are wising up and not trusting games on new generation platforms until they surface. I remember some of the E3 videos for PS3 and 360 reveals. Some of the cinematic videos were almost as good as some of the in-game graphics we see for the upcoming next-gen.

I know you're going to say it's not just about graphics, because it's true. But racing games are probably the most competitive market for gaming, almost every AAA developer have tried one, and they either do really well or they don't. And the graphics does play a huge part in that.

I do however love the concept of open-world of that magnitude. I don'y think it'll be nearly as big as the real USA, obviously, they'll probably compact it, so states are closer and only have a concentration of important or iconic areas in each state. But it's a nice idea, and i hope it turns out good. We all like a decent racing game!

You're right but the did show gameplay footage, check the second ign link and the one just below. I was a bit busy during this year's E3, but I managed to catch Ubisoft's conference and they demo'd the game live. I'll add the demo in this post so you can check out the gameplay. I added the ign interview because when I saw the demo I thought you had to fast travel between cities, although that's not what the creative director said to ign