axelreq

What Kind of Music do you Want to Hear

Guest Birdie

In GTA there always tends to be a little bit of everything, but I would like someone more world renowned bands. There has to be Laslow though!

it just pisses me of that rockstar couldnt bother to find the original version of new york groove, fitting song but its 1000 times better when its performed by KISS

They did use the original version. Hello (the band that appeared in GTA IV) first recorded the song in 1975, three years before Ace Frehley covered it on his solo album. The Frehley cover became so popular that KISS later added the song to their live shows.

Good hip-hop, allthough I don't know how that would be incorporated as that was the basis of SA. TLAD was metal/rock based, TBOGT was electro based so I don't know what to expect, but at least one radio station like "Radio Los Santos" would make me happy.

R* always make sure the main genres are well catered for, while choosing songs that reflect the setting/timeframe.

I'd like for a game set sometime in the mid 60s - 70s.

I agree...K-DST was orgasmic but the last two classic rock stations were centered on late '70s, '80s ish. I just want more talk stations and an afrobeat/funk station. I also wonder about Lazlo...Integrity 3.0?

If the speculation about it being based in Los Santos are correct, I'd like to see a SoCal punk station, that'd be sweet. Also, how about an Independence FM type station for the console version, could use music stored on the HD.

Hmmm, first of all Chatterbox should make a return to GTA V. It's pretty much the best Lazlow orientated section when he's taking calls from local delinquents.

Second, less is more with the radio stations. GTA IV had 16 radio stations, while Vice City (best soundtrack IMO) had only 9 (2 were talk radio). San Andreas had 11 with 1 talk show radio station.

If they can nail the common genres (hip hop, classic/modern rock, contemporary, etc.) with 12-16 songs on each station I'm a happy man. GTA III left me wanting more songs. Vice City got it just right, and San Andreas had a few too many for me to catch up on. GTA IV was overkill.

There's something important about having a smaller amount of radio stations/ songs. Rockstar is able to pick out the best songs that reflect the time, but us as gamers will play the game for so long that we instantly recognize all the tunes and love them (this happened with Vice City).

See with the custom music station i'm torn. Sure playing your own music is nice but it destroys the feel of the game, R* select tracks that were around when the game was set, creating a certain vibe or mood. Plus if you could put your own music in the game chances are you'd skip a lot of the other stations and potentially miss something you might have discovered and liked otherwise.

i have a semi picky list any foo fighters, my chemical romance na na na, and so you can hear him gogol bordello http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o76YbAfFfJ8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elyQ4ShVw-Y&feature=relmfu

i have a semi picky list any foo fighters, my chemical romance na na na, and so you can hear him gogol bordello

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o76YbAfFfJ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elyQ4ShVw-Y&feature=relmfu

i forgot to add cake on that list

Some Boyzone, Take That and Westlife would be good.

Your not serious are u?? I would like some contemporary songs, maybe some rihanna. I think peocock by Katy Perry would be funny. I like older songs to so I hope there is an 80s station. And I really really hope they bring back K Rose, any car I always had that station on, I love a rainy night, letter that johnny walker read etc. You have to have at least one chat show.

Even though the game is set on the west-coast, I doubt it will be "westside" themed like San Andreas was, I mean just listen to the music in the trailer... It would be great if they had a 70's, 80's 90's, modern station for each of the basic genres like rock and hip-hop. I would also like to see some old pop, funk, soul, reggae and jazz.

I'm thinking that as a callback to San Andreas the might have a 90s rock station or something like that. If they do I think it'd be awesome if it had a Sublime song on it. :)

Hell yeah!

I hope the put some death metal, melodic metal,(Like All that remains). and MORE JAZZ stations plox aint nothing like shootin up cops while listening to some Miles Davis.

Not sure my hopes of having a death metal/grindcore station will see the light of day, I think we could have an old school thrash metal station possibly with Slayer, 'tallica etc (if of course they allow R* to use their music.) As long as we get some decent rap and classic rock stations that should satisfy me. I'd expect at least two rap stations.