Locking in-game content and charging for it through DLC so only people who can afford to spend £150 on a single game in these economic times is one of the main cause of game piracy, why do companies not realise this? Now I'm worried that R* will go down the 'Bring out half a game at full price and market the rest as DLC' route like Volition did with SR: The Third and probably SR: 4 ...

• Like 1

Locking in-game content and charging for it through DLC so only people who can afford to spend £150 on a single game in these economic times is one of the main cause of game piracy, why do companies not realise this? Now I'm worried that R* will go down the 'Bring out half a game at full price and market the rest as DLC' route like Volition did with SR: The Third and probably SR: 4 ...

Idk, I think dlc is harder to pirate.

You don't need to spend 150 for all the dlc.

You can wait and I'm sure at some point they will release these perks for free.

I agree it's reminiscent of ea games, but you do get a lot of extra stuff besides the dlc for the money....

I pre-ordered the special edition yesterday (Friday 24), that means I get to fly the blimp right? I bought it on Amazon, so any ideas anyone?

yes the pre-order gets the blimp, even on Amazon. If you read the information on it's Amazon page it confirms it.

I'm going to upgrade my pre-order since I paid full $66 at GS for the game like in March for the PS3. Gonna get the Collector's Edition which is the first time I have ever put $150 on a game. Just one question...

If R* ever decides to announce the PC version, can I change my PS3 pre-order to the PC version and still have the Collector's Edition but for the PC?

I'm going to upgrade my pre-order since I paid full $66 at GS for the game like in March for the PS3. Gonna get the Collector's Edition which is the first time I have ever put $150 on a game. Just one question...

If R* ever decides to announce the PC version, can I change my PS3 pre-order to the PC version and still have the Collector's Edition but for the PC?

I am sure you could just cancel the PS3 pre-order and then apply the money to the PC version.

but I really doubt the PC version will come out this year.

The collector's edition in the UK is almost £20 more expensive than in the US. (It's £119 here, that's almost $180)

Kind of sucks, considering the game is actually made/developed here and all that...

I'll still end up getting it though

The collector's edition in the UK is almost £20 more expensive than in the US. (It's £119 here, that's almost $180)

Kind of sucks, considering the game is actually made/developed here and all that...

I'll still end up getting it though

Dude, where I live the regular edition is $81...

The Collectors edition dosen't do much for me.....I mean i'm traveling all the time and all the goodies in the CE will get ruined but maybe someday i will buy it of ebay from a sleazy fat man.

• Like 2

Guest cbaclerk

Could do without the hat etc. just want the digital content.

• Like 1

The Collectors edition dosen't do much for me.....I mean i'm traveling all the time and all the goodies in the CE will get ruined but maybe someday i will buy it of ebay from a sleazy fat man.

That was hilarious for whatever reason. Well done, sir.

• Like 1

I switched my pre order to the CE first day it was announced. First time I've ever decided to pay that much for a game too. But I figured, why the hell not. The hot rod is pretty nice, and the idea of playing as Tommy in multiplayer is pretty damn sweet.