@MrMister I think that pretty much sums it up. I think the day one DLC for collectors edition is pretty standard now so i don't see what the problem is.

I don't think anyone has a problem with pre-order incentives if they have some physical worth. Caps, keyrings, maps etc are all awesome. It's downloadable pre-order exclusive content that should be (and probably is) on the disc that pisses some people off.

Will you be so supportive of these companies in the future if they decide to continually increase the amount of micro-transactions in their games? What if you had to pay real money everytime you wanted to buy ammo in GTA? They are businesses after all...

And sense of entitlement? What, because I spent about the first 15 years of my gaming life receiving the FULL game I payed for (and boy did they cost a lot). Last time I checked, the companies weren't charity organizations back then either.

What if you had to pay real money everytime you wanted to buy ammo in GTA? They are businesses after all...

I wouldn't play it, and neither would you, and neither would many of us here. Which would mean the business model is no longer profitable, which means it would change. Again.

And sense of entitlement? What, because I spent about the first 15 years of my gaming life receiving the FULL game I payed for (and boy did they cost a lot). Last time I checked, the companies weren't charity organizations back then either.

Games also didn't cost millions upon millions of dollars to produce. Todays games are the entertainment equivalent of Hollywood blockbusters, so it makes sense to look for ways to increase profits.

Look, we obviously have a difference in philosophy here, and I know a lot of other members share your concerns. But the fact remains that on September 17 you will be able to buy an outstanding, full game with hundreds of hours of content for $60. You can also get some extras if you want, and if not that's cool too. If that's not good enough, I don't know what to tell you. This is the present and future of console gaming.

I am actually considering getting the Collector's edition, it'll be the first time i've ever paid such an amount for a game, but when I saw it I thought "oooooh".

I don't think anyone has a problem with pre-order incentives if they have some physical worth. Caps, keyrings, maps etc are all awesome. It's downloadable pre-order exclusive content that should be (and probably is) on the disc that pisses some people off.

Will you be so supportive of these companies in the future if they decide to continually increase the amount of micro-transactions in their games? What if you had to pay real money everytime you wanted to buy ammo in GTA? They are businesses after all...

If people pay for these micro transactions then game makers would have every reason to sell them. If they start getting insane with micro transactions then stop buying games, that's the power we have. get upset at the people providing a market not the ones filling it.

For the record I am against micro-transactions and that is why I don't get involved in them. I do not see per-order DLC as a micro-transaction.

anyways this is getting way off topic and this whole thing will probably be deleted.

In a perfect world, I'd have the patience to completely cut GTA V out of my life untill we get a complete edition.. but unfortunately... this isn't a perfect world. I guess I'll just buy the regular game now, then buy the complete edition for half as much in 2015.

:mellow:

Games also didn't cost millions upon millions of dollars to produce. Todays games are the entertainment equivalent of Hollywood blockbusters, so it makes sense to look for ways to increase profits.

The amount of profits received from sales guaranteed with pre-orders would be dwarfed by actual sales once the game is released. Unless your game is absolutely guaranteed of reaching projected sales (which GTA V obviously will), I think it would be wiser for publishers to spend whatever money they may spend on these bonuses on advertising their game. Well some of it anyway (See: new Tomb Raider considered a flop because so much money was spent on advertising it). But that's for another topic.

This is the present and future of console gaming.

If this is the future of gaming, I'm damned opposed! :P

I think we can both agree that regardless of our thoughts on the pros and cons of disc-locked content... I mean DLC, R* are offering some pretty good stuff with that Collectors Edition.

I am actually considering getting the Collector's edition, it'll be the first time i've ever paid such an amount for a game, but when I saw it I thought "oooooh".

Grow your hobo beard and take pics with the hat on. Show Zidane how it's done.

@Mr. Mister

I appreciate your opinion and I have nothing against supporting good companies like R*. I will be playing GTA V on day one, no matter what and yes, the game will be worth it, even without the exclusive content.

On the other hand I see that you're referring to the US dollar pricing, but I live in Europe and GTA V wont cost me 60 us dollars, it will cost me 70€, that's 90$ for the standard version. The collectors will be 150€/194$. So is it worth to buy it if I only want the exclusive vehicles? That's heavy.

I have got a beard on the return, but i'll probably have a shave between now and September then grow a fresh one. I'll definitely do that though, do you still sell your branded line of sex toys so I can have one lurking in the background of my picture?

I have got a beard on the return, but i'll probably have a shave between now and September then grow a fresh one. I'll definitely do that though, do you still sell your branded line of sex toys so I can have one lurking in the background of my picture?

We have a few left in the warehouse. I'll make a purple one, just for your picture.

Somewhat on-topic, I could see Trevor using the dildo as a weapon, in the unlikely event it makes a return in V.

We have a few left in the warehouse. I'll make a purple one, just for your picture.

Thanks brah, I owe you one. One of what I don't know. Can't be truly Zidane unless i'm rocking the purple dildo in my bedroom, sneakily hiding in the back of my picture.

Well popped into hmv today still no definitive answer as to weather or not they will get the collectors edition, I think it's safe to say they will being as GAME are already peddling it, had them note on my order status that I wanted to upgrade my order. The dude at the counter got a kick out of the fact that I placed my original pre-order on the 19th of may 2012.

On the other hand I see that you're referring to the US dollar pricing, but I live in Europe and GTA V wont cost me 60 us dollars, it will cost me 70€, that's 90$ for the standard version. The collectors will be 150€/194$. So is it worth to buy it if I only want the exclusive vehicles? That's heavy.

You Europeans and your high cost of living... :) Salutations from across the pond!

What I was trying to say is that the cost for a standard edition of GTA V is in line with the cost of other games. Is 70€ a standard price for a PS3/XBox game over there? Suddenly everything in the US feels like a steal!

You Europeans and your high cost of living... :) Salutations from across the pond!

What I was trying to say is that the cost for a standard edition of GTA V is in line with the cost of other games. Is 70€ a standard price for a PS3/XBox game over there? Suddenly everything in the US feels like a steal!

In the uk it would work out around 60.53 USD/£39.99 standard game and 180USD/£119 collectors

Haha! I know right? And we haven't talked about the gas prices yet. ;)

New games are around 60-70€ yeah, depends on the shop. Then I have to pay an extra fee of 5€ for shipment of 18+ titles when I order @ Amazon.

Good news is I just got an email from Amazon, they price the Collector's at 130€.Standard still 69.99 though. :P

The regular gta5 I'm wondering will the price be higher than $60 because it's on multiple discs