Don't forget I'm in New Zealand - essentially an isolated hick town

With Bestial Undertones...

That's why our lamb is the best in the world - we pound them until tender and flowing with juice... :P

• Like 2

Don't forget I'm in New Zealand - essentially an isolated hick town

With Bestial Undertones...

That's why our lamb is the best in the world - we pound them until tender and flowing with juice... :P

You should also look up the other meanings of the word Bestial, because they also apply to New Zealand.

Also, isn't it kind of pointless to add a garage when we have the ability to buy property?

You can never have too many properties...

It stated that the garage is going to be available right from the start, which suggests that garages, or perhaps a larger garage, won't be available until later in the game.

It's fucked that R* is resorting to offering exclusive in-game content for pre-orders. For shame :no:

Having said that, I've already pre-ordered the game, so I might as well get the collector's edition

Like they did for LA Noire? And Red Dead Redemption? And Max Payne 3?

"Resorting to it" isn't the correct term at all. GTA IV special edition had dick, it WAS a waste of money. Having pre-order in game content is a standard video game practice now. In fact, they would be slammed if they didn't include anything.

@ Blacksox - what you got against your country's little brother? We aren't that bad are we? Apart from sending over all our unemployed...

HAHAHA!!! :clap:

Nah, you guys are alright. You're kind of like our Retarded Cousins or something...

• Like 2

Also, isn't it kind of pointless to add a garage when we have the ability to buy property?

It stated that the garage is going to be available right from the start, which suggests that garages, or perhaps a larger garage, won't be available until later in the game.

They're probably just referring to the fact that it doesn't have to be purchased or unlocked. I don't think you'll have to get to a certain point in the game to get access to property.

They're probably just referring to the fact that it doesn't have to be purchased or unlocked. I don't think you'll have to get to a certain point in the game to get access to property.

Dont you like to climb trees?

It's fucked that R* is resorting to offering exclusive in-game content for pre-orders. For shame :no:

Having said that, I've already pre-ordered the game, so I might as well get the collector's edition

Like they did for LA Noire? And Red Dead Redemption? And Max Payne 3?

"Resorting to it" isn't the correct term at all. GTA IV special edition had dick, it WAS a waste of money. Having pre-order in game content is a standard video game practice now. In fact, they would be slammed if they didn't include anything.

Like the didn't do with III, Vice City, San Andreas, and IV

The industry is doomed if they think including in-game content with pre-orders will have any significant impact on game sales. All it does is make a large amount of people who didn't pre-order jealous for 2 minutes, and those who did pre-order pissed off when the content turns up a couple of months later for free/cheap.

At least R* are offering physical content with V as well.

Special edition:

● Full retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V

● Collectible SteelBook with Exclusive Artwork

This special SteelBook features double-sided, never-before-seen artwork of Michael, Trevor and Franklin. Custom color and metallic treatments bring out the detail of the artwork created exclusively for this SteelBook.

● Blueprint Map

This exclusive, additional 21.5” x 26.75” map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County. Cryptic markings indicate locations for fast cash and other points of interest for the up-and-coming entrepreneur.

● Special Ability Boost

Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster.

● Stunt Plane Trials

Single player Stunt Plane Trials let you take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County.

● Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More

Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County.

● Additional Weapons

When visiting Ammunation stores in single player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.

Collector's Edition:

● All of the above (everything in special edition)

● Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key

Inspired by the heists in Grand Theft Auto V, this custom 10.75” x 8.5” money bag features a pop-up style lock and laser cut logo key to secure important items. The reverse side features a pressed Rockstar Games logo on the security mount with a framed ID window.

● Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY™ Snapback Cap

This exclusive New Era 9FIFTY™ cap features an embroidered Los Santos logo on the front, a stitched, black Rockstar Games logo on the wearer’s left side, a Grand Theft Auto ‘V’ logo applique on the opposite side, and snapback closure for an adjustable fit.

● Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online

Get classic Grand Theft Auto characters to use within the Grand Theft Auto Online Character Creation System.

● Unique Vehicles and Garage Property

Players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930’s style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.

Thanks. Couldn't see anything about the Collectors Edition on the EB Games website but will go into the store tomorrow to check it out

I consider getting the special edition, as I really don't care about a baseballcap and all that shit. But the digital content sounds awesome.

Thanks. Couldn't see anything about the Collectors Edition on the EB Games website but will go into the store tomorrow to check it out

Bro, better get in quick - they only have 2 per store. EB Games gave me a call because I already had a fitty down on the game so they gave me first dibs.

Collector's edition is cool but way too much. Special edition is more reasonably priced, I just am not interested in paying for a game 4-16 months before it is released. I might do what I did with AC3, and visit the store the day before release, pay for it, and still get the pre-order bonus blimp driving ability.

Bro, better get in quick - they only have 2 per store. EB Games gave me a call because I already had a fitty down on the game so they gave me first dibs.

I'm living in Melbourne so I should have better luck than you back home. I always used Mighty Ape in NZ and they never failed

The industry is doomed if they think including in-game content with pre-orders will have any significant impact on game sales. All it does is make a large amount of people who didn't pre-order jealous for 2 minutes, and those who did pre-order pissed off when the content turns up a couple of months later for free/cheap.

This business model exists for a reason - because it works. Preorders are valuable for a variety of reasons. The industry is not "doomed", and this practice is not going to change in the foreseeable future.

By preordering, you're still paying the same amount of money for the game. Some of us will pony up a portion of that money early (as little as $5 at GameStop) to have access to an extra feature. Eventually, the blimp and everything else discussed in this thread will (likely) be offered as a la carte DLC, but by preordering we are essentially putting up a bit of money in advance in exchange for that early access.

As a consumer, you get to decide if, when, and how you purchase the game or any of its associated content. Why is that a bad thing?

• Like 1

I thought this through and came to the conclusion that this is all bullshit.

There's a reason why I never payed so much for a special edition of GTA, but this time Rockstar is forcing me to, cause I don't wanna miss out any content.

The reason is that I always end up buying the game 2 times, one for console at launch, and then the PC version later. I've been doing this since GTA 3 and I don't like the fact that Rockstar Games jumped on the bandwagon of day one dlc(disc locked content) like all the other big companies.

• Like 2

@MrMister: I have a problem with it because it's an unnecessary practice. Offering in-game content only benefits those who have their consoles connected to the internet. It is of no value to those who can't go online for whatever reason, yet they still end up paying the same price for the game.

Also, I've been burnt too many times pre-ordering games. Just today I got a phonecall from eb games saying "We are just notifying you that Australia's only getting 4000 copies of the Collectors edition. Unfortunately we won't be able to offer it to you (even though I specifically asked for any such edition when I placed my pre-order). We can give you the special edition instead" Gee thanks. I know the damn mofo employees are going to get first dibs on the Collectors editions.

The executives at Rockstar Games are in a better position than any of us to determine what is or is not an "unnecessary practice". They have a parent company to answer to (Take-Two Interactive) and in turn that parent company has shareholders to answer to (me, and many thousands of others). Since they are running a business, they try to make the best business decisions, which in this case entails offering a preorder incentive to entice potential customers. Whether we can collectively wrap our brains around it or not, preorder numbers matter, and if this practice boosts those numbers, I for one applaud the effort.

Where does this sense of entitlement among some gamers come from? It's bizarre.

@Spitty, to your point about "day one dlc (disc locked content)", developers are not obligated to release, unlock, or otherwise make available all of the content that has been developed as of the release date. For all we know, TLAD and TBOGT were completed prior to the release of GTA IV. If that were the case, does it mean R* defrauded us by not including all of the available Liberty City content in the initial release? Of course not.

If you don't feel the game has enough readily available, included content to justify your $60, wait until a complete edition is released a couple of years from now.

Edited by MrMister81