here's a modified version, i tweaked the map a little...

----

and here's the character wheel...

420 rounds in reserve. Nice.

Added three quotes from CVG and the two Edge previews. Apparently my mock-up was more correct with the bars under the radar:

While swimming, sharks are marked on the radar, which has also been overhauled. The view of the land is flatter, much closer to an in-car GPS system, with three coloured meters beneath for health, body armour, and special moves
  • Like 1

I think mine came out pretty nice.

Yes Bones yours had some inspiration on mine.

fF8R6Ot.jpg

• Like 2

revised...

re-did the status bar locations... the articles said it was a rectangle, but they didn't say if it was vertical or not :P... i also changed the colors of the stars to something plain, they seemed too distracting to me...

fakeHUD07.jpg

(EDIT: removed the location and car model... decided to put it in the character scene since it usually disappears eventually anyways)

---

with the character bubble, i added a darkened overlay of the action in the background while keeping the HUDs and words in front... i also added the time and $$$ in the right corner for when the action is paused...

fakeHUD05.jpg

• Like 1

What do they mean by "flatter"? I mean how flat can you get?

They mean it's as if you are looking at a 3D image with perspective, not a perfect top-down image.

Here, like this:

post-3-0-46166100-1369015031.png

Yeah that's what I thought but "flatter" wasn't exactly the best choice of words.

Hehe "derp"...

Not really. When something gets flatter it gets squished smaller until it's flat like a pancake.

Sure. The current radars are as flat as possible. It's a perfect top-down view; what they're describing isn't quite flat.

I downloaded a font called United States. It's similar to the font used on American banknotes, but it's solid and bold. I recommend it.

Rough version. It's shit, but I've made it very clear by now that I'm no good with photoshop. It's more of a trial run than anything.

I kept it along the lines of IV's HUD, but I plan to make the upper right corner more compact and minimalistic in future attempts. The radar is blank, partially because it's blank in IV when you're inside, but mostly because I know my attempt at the new radar is going to be a miserable failure. I also threw in a shitty version of the sound cone, because no one else has yet. Personally, I think the cone would look better as a vertical bar attached to the side of the radar, but the real one will look better than mine, obviously. Also, I highly doubt it'll be there all the time. It'll probably only be there when you're crouching.

post-9-0-95171500-1369118780_thumb.png

• Like 1

Nice work, Mass. I'm curious as to how you created the outlines for the radar and sound cone. Like you, I'm not familiar with Photoshop, so I could use all the guidance I can get.

Rough version. It's shit, but I've made it very clear by now that I'm no good with photoshop. It's more of a trial run than anything.

I kept it along the lines of IV's HUD, but I plan to make the upper right corner more compact and minimalistic in future attempts. The radar is blank, partially because it's blank in IV when you're inside, but mostly because I know my attempt at the new radar is going to be a miserable failure. I also threw in a shitty version of the sound cone, because no one else has yet. Personally, I think the cone would look better as a vertical bar attached to the side of the radar, but the real one will look better than mine, obviously. Also, I highly doubt it'll be there all the time. It'll probably only be there when you're crouching.

post-9-0-95171500-1369118780_thumb.png

i love how the ballas facial expression is like "aww hell naw" lol

Nice work, Mass. I'm curious as to how you created the outlines for the radar and sound cone. Like you, I'm not familiar with Photoshop, so I could use all the guidance I can get.

I do most of my work with a simple photo editing program rather than actual photoshop, because I don't do particularly complicated work, and it gives me simple options. It has shapes with outlines, and I just made thin rectangles and changed the fill color. For the bars that weren't full, I copy/pasted another bar on top, re-sized the bar, and made the bar behind it dark grey. The empty space in the radar and sound cone had a black fill that I set to 50% transparency, and the full HUD has an overall transparency of 25%. I may increase that a little as I work on it more.

I'm also considering a slightly more pastel color palette.