This topic is for discussion of HUD elements mentioned in previews and posting mockups of the HUD. More importantly, of course, the latter.

• Radar/mini-map is rectangular and resembles a 3D GPS display
  • 3 bars for health, armor, and special ability under the radar
  • 5 stars not 6
  • Sound cone displays noise made (reduced with stealth)
  • Character switch is similar to "weapon wheel" accessed with "down" button: left=Michael, up=Franklin, right=Trevor, down=online avatar
  • Switching available only while a small menu overlay is displayed in the lower [right?] corner
  • Text displays recommend switching

Preview quotes:

Onscreen, there's an altimeter, giving us an idea of elevation, and three bars in the corner: green, blue and yellow. These are for your health, body armour and 'specials'.

Each of the three characters also has a unique special move, use of which is limited by a meter under the minimap.

While swimming, sharks are marked on the radar, which has also been overhauled. The view of the land is flatter, much closer to an in-car GPS system, with three coloured meters beneath for health, body armour, and special moves

fake-gta-v-hud-displays-by-aditya-kulkarni.jpg

All info and images were added by TF. Content was non-existent at the time of OP, due to the original poster's relentless stupidity. The OP sincerely apologizes for creating an unnecessary clusterfuck.

Edited by TreeFitty
PICS (and additional info) or GTFO

Im pretty sure youre still getting banned, nice try though.

This topic contains no information and if you didnt make a hud, why even bother with the topic.

At least post dupz fake...

At least post dupz fake...

The last time I posted something DuP posted, he came at me with a disdain emoticon. Trouts on the face really hurt. Better to just wait for him (or bOnEs) to post the mockup, then others will follow suit.

I guess I'll add images to OP since OP is FS.

edit: done. Posted the first one we got that started this shit.

Thanks, Fitty. I didn't really think it was worth it to post the one image in three different locations, counting this one. Sorry to have offended everyone by attempting to spur some discussion. :rolleyes:

Change my member title to Fucking Stupid, please. That way, you won't need to type FS whenever referring to me. (Y)

EDIT: Did it already.

Edited by GunSmith117

I made a few tweaks to my HUD.

Added the "cone" to the minimap.

Moved the character circle to the right corner, possibly mentioned in one of the previews (I've heard it is, but haven't seen the facts).

Added the ifruit interface mentioned in previous previews - Still could do with some work on the apps.

Removed $ from the top as it's in the character circle stat window anyway...

Added a single character icon in the bottom corner, so when the character circle is closed, you know who you are (obvious, but it caters for noobs)

Moved the current location (that appears when you enter new territory) below the map.

Moved the vehicle name (that splashes up when you enter a new vehicle) above the map.

SJqyeZx.jpg

Not sure about the phone atm. Maybe they'll have the camera zoom right in on the screen this time around, so it's centered or something.

• Like 5

Nice topic, And personaly i hope that there will be the less information as posible.

Let's say map only while you are in a car with gps ?

No health bar no armor bar no shit bar whatever we are not in sims guys grow up a bit i want the screen as clean as posible and no fucking money bar as well come on you want to know your money you go to the bank or atm.

So i can really be in game i hate to see half of my screen hide for useless information i don't use. One thing why only 5 stars ????????

And do you think for the phone we would be able to take picture in game and add them as our screensaver ?

I see what you're saying. I too like it when the HUD is as minimal as possible. But i did a mock-up based on what i read, not what i wanted. If it was all closed though, it is fairly mininal. Although i did add the weapon in the corner, and i wasn't sure if that was ever there, i just assumed it was because of previous GTA games.

7kjpEXo.jpg

Probably in the game settings you will be able to tweak the HUD transparency, turn it off completely, or even possibly pick which corner it appears in. I like the feature in IV where tapping the D-pad zooms out your map, and shows your car/location/money etc, then fades out after a short delay. Perhaps the HUD could be grouped into that temporary view too for people who prefer a completely clean screen while playing.

A square map seems so "non-GTA".

I expect that the HUD will fade out like it would IV. so money and weapon info will only pop up when you use them. I would like the health and armor to stay up at the very least.

@Dup I like your set up, but why did you angle the map like that instead of leaving it with a top down view? is there something in specific that made you think that it would be like that or are you just using your imagination?

I like the feature in IV where tapping the D-pad zooms out your map, and shows your car/location/money etc, then fades out after a short delay.

This is what they need to keep. I liked this feature.

What about the altimeter and artificial horizon, DuP? I'm looking at your updated fake, and I'm not sure if it's there. Am I wrong?