Sign in to follow this  
FlOppy

Avoid the police ! Switch related.

Hello i was reading the xbox magasine release about GTA V,and i had this idea. I remember that we wouldn't be able to switch from another character to another one during a police chase or just simply while you have a police star.

So what about commiting a crime and change it just before you commit it ?

Imagine you want to kill someone surrounding with police if you do that even by accident police gonna chase you and eventually kill you not much detail on police AI yet.

So you take a car, drive to the man you want to kill, and put you foot on the gas, and just before you run over him you activate the wheel to change the character who ever it is.

Do you think the car finish his job ? Do you think you can be able to switch back and see what happened with your victim ?

I think we won't be able to change character during missions who involve only one but let's say you are about to bump a police car accidently and you don't want to attract the police so you switch just before if you are quick enough and tadada magic happens and you are free to go.

Oh and do you think, there would be a timer or you would be able to spam the switch ability ?

Thank you for reading.

Interesting idea, also makes me wonder if we can kamikaze a plane towards a police blockade and switch at the last second. Most probably though there will be some way that R* deters stuff like that. :(

If they don;t have any limits while you are off a mission and have no wanted level then I imagine that it would be possible. I would think that if you switched right before dieing you would still receive a death/hospital visit on your record. that character would still lose cash, weapons (or however the hospitals work in GTA5). so switching wouldn't really matter.

Yeah i agree for the switch timer and it' kinda sucks because i would like to see how the game react whle you don't control someone and the best way to do it is to leave your character somewhere and see how it goes 5 m or 10 m after it.

And i don't see why you are bringing the death system control it is normal if you die you go to hospital and if you switch just before, two possibilities first the game stop for the character you were controling so it won't die, second the game continue for a while then you could possibly die.

One more thing i don't really like that but i still would like to be implemented: imagine when you die it saves the game and you can load a previous game so if you die you can't just take your backup game where you were before, because when it comes to me i have never died in a GTA before because i always take a save, so i don't really know what a death means on GTA and it kinda sucks. But i know without the save feature i could really get boring to lose my money and my weapons all the time.

So both sounds good to me.

I think that with the three characters it allows for entirely new gameplay elements with regards to being busted by the cops. Lets say that Trevor is arrested for a DUI or pissing on a cop car, and because he is in jail you can't switch to him (which means you cannot start certain missions) until you break him out of jail, or raise enough money to post bail for him. I think something like that would be pretty awesome.

I'm assuming that if you switch players while being chased by the police, AI takes over.

• Like 2

Intredasting.

This makes me wonder about how the AI is structured for each character too...do they each have dedicated waypoints? If I'm Michael, and am driving to a waypoint set on his home, then switch to check on Trevor, will Michael keep driving along the route you set for him (without crashing or provoking a wanted level)? It'd be like trip skip but you can quantum leap to check on the other two in the meantime. It'll be cool to see how it works.

• Like 2

I think even if the character kill some cops or civilian it won't be chased just because it would use ressource for nothing, and really not good imagine you want to control michael and he is being chase by police you even odn't know why that's quite ridiculous. when i am chase i prefer know why honestly.

To me they have some information where to go where to live where to have fun and you will find them at some many places let's say 5 or 6 different place each. But i don't expect a complete AI, Rockstar isn't taht good AI in video games isn't that advance to make characters have a real life with real thought so it will only be calculated and preprogrammed actions.

@Fact: we already talked about that point in another thread. And i think like you but a bit more as well like if you are in prison you still can control the character and see a different world and even do some inside missions. Ad for people who dislike this they just won't play the character in prison for a delay. Or try to jail break him. And that would be cool, if every character has their own different missions inside a prison so if michael goes in prison it would be a bit more classy and have some better job inside the prisons, than franklin who would be in a gang inside the prison and try to prove himself.

But that's another topic like i said.

i would like to be one of them and then find and follow the other one around to see what they do while you are not using them.

do you get what i am saying.

I thought of this. I also thought about how to commit 'the perfect crime'. If you have a target and said police officers and possible witnesses in the same area, would we possibly be able to kill the target, swicth to another character, take out the police, and then switch the final character and take out all the witnesses (and maybe cameras) in one dynamic shootout. No-one will ever know what happened except us... :)

• Like 1

make this true i beg you. killing and not having any one know about would be great.

I don't think we would be able to see each others character while you are not on mission, so if you switch your character just disapear until you find him back where ever he went virtually.

Do you get where i want to say ?

There will be only one character at a time, you would never see another character off mission ever ahahah sorry to be rude but i think it would be like that, the best way to do it is to go in michael home and see who is in there maybe i am wrong i hope so and we would be able to see michael and why not kill him lol.

^ I hope not. If you travel to a location then switch to anther character and go to the same place, they couldn't have gone far. I just hope they appear on the Mini-map as an icon or something, so you can meet up with them. Or just call them on your phone and ask them to come to you...

Random encounters will have a big part in the game, so I guess you could go see the others anytime you want. I hope there will be an icon on the map.

Ok the majority is against me for once maybe you are right, i hope too.

That's not stupid since we could play with niko and his cousin for some date time lol i prefer call date time it looked like that to me hated it hope GTA V would have better date system.

I know they said none would be in the game, but i think we would spend some good time with his family ? play some bowling or tennis.

So you are maybe right guys but icon on minimap would suck i prefer have the surprise to see michael or trevor somewhere like in real life say wow what are you doing here mother fucka lol

Seeing as I couldn't comprehend shit in this thread from him, it appeared that this post is better suited in What are you looking for in GTA V?.

ps. I'll let the mods decide I'm just trying to make this kid rage quit

Sorry the guy who is telling everybody in the chat he is working for Rockstar. First to work with them you need to speak english and obviously it ain't your case.

Sorry the guy who is telling everybody in the chat he is working for Rockstar. First to work with them you need to speak english and obviously it ain't your case.

:huh:

Everyones grammar here is actually decent except yours, so unless you're carrying a conversation with yourself that I'm completely unaware of I believe everyone here speaks English.

P.S. I do work for Wok Star

P.P.S. :luis:

I think that with the three characters it allows for entirely new gameplay elements with regards to being busted by the cops. Lets say that Trevor is arrested for a DUI or pissing on a cop car, and because he is in jail you can't switch to him (which means you cannot start certain missions) until you break him out of jail, or raise enough money to post bail for him. I think something like that would be pretty awesome.

I'm assuming that if you switch players while being chased by the police, AI takes over.

That or you're unable to switch after a certain amount of stars.

People usually understand me and you do it as well so your speech shows really nothing interesting...

And we don't care who you are or who you work for from where i come we just do what we do, and don't show off. That is not grammar lesson just respect.

So we both has a lot to learn. Now back to the topic please and be the bigger man.

wow, this guy's got some big cajones!! walking around here like he's above us...

i am assuming R* won't allow you to just abandon your character in the middle of something like a police chase or mission... i wonder if there will be some kind of "lose your wanted level" prompt before making the switch..

• Like 1