Sign in to follow this  
Brian

The Sims

I'm also looking forward to any more news about Sims 4. I have Sims 3 but it gets boring very soon. I've never played Sims 1 or 2, only 3. I even have Pets and Generations EP but still it isn't much enjoying. And my game lags too much because of Pets EP. I have a good gaming PC but pets causes lag and Im unable to fix it so I don't play it anymore. I'll try University life EP for a change.

And whatever game I play, I can't stop being anxious about GTA V release :) Becoz there's no such great game as that obviously...

Sims 3 certainly lacks a lot of the things that made the Sims 2 enjoyable. The fact they have not and are not going to do a business/run your own shop EP yet they have released several EPs that are so lacking in content they could be condensed into one (Showtime and Late Night, World Adventures and the upcoming Island Paradise) is my major gripe. I loved Sims 2, all the EPs seemed to work together very well. You had proper restaurants with chefs and waiters who prepared your food (fuck, you even had them in the original Sims.) In Sims 3 all we get is a building where the sim walks into then reappears outside carrying a plate of food. You could run a shop selling any sort of shite imaginable and convince sims to buy it with a bit of persuasion, you could underpay your staff then fire them when they get pissed off. So many things they removed from 3 than have detracted from the overall experience. It's also annoying because 3 added a lot of good features too; seamless neighbourhoods, better customisation. I have all TS2 EPs and still think about playing them, but knowing that i'll be losing a lot of the features from TS3 stops me from doing so.

And as for 4; the one teaser image I saw of three sim heads looked terrible, they look more cartoony than sims in 3. If that's how they're going to look in the game I don't think i'll bother.

Shit no! Please make Sims 4 better and add all the shit that was missed in Sims 3 and even more stuff, and please more good graphics and interactions. Add more different traits and make the game much realistic this time.

I hate it when a household is on the top floor in a room and I only use a single Romantic interaction on someone on the ground floor even outside the door and that shithold knows it magically and gets upset.

Quit being a whore and that won't happen. Keep it in your pants.

• Like 1

@viceman - i always made a robot that would run the register for my home business... then i'd do the sales pitches and restocking myself... i love "open for business", i think it's definitely the best add on for sims 2... seasons is good and so is nightlife, but open for business was tits...

• Like 1

I made a crime-filled city in 2, and downloaded a table and chair set that looked like crates. Proceeded to sell crates of 'merchandise' from the docks. Open for Business made that whole city possible.

• Like 1

Yeah I was waiting to see that EP appear in TS3, but it never did. Really disappointing. Instead we got filler shit like Ambitions which just added a few careers and World Adventures, which, while the premise was good i've never even touched since. There are too many things to do and never enough time to send sims away on holiday, especially to go traipsing round tombs looking for treasure and getting sodomised by mummies. And now they are releasing another holiday themed one... why not just combine the two and we could've had Open For Business. Again the original Sims game did the holiday theme nicely, I remember in that I was always sending my sims away.

Also, the neighbourhoods are too small to build decent communities, with all the extra buildings added in through various EPs that room is diminished further. There should be a neighbourhood creator where we can have a Sim City lite and shape our own terrain and place roads. A lot of the space on current neighbourhoods is too hilly to build on.

• Like 1

EA fuck me off, they bring out computer games of the Sims and rarely is the average computer capable of playing as it is huge!

Then the machine that was made for video games and has so much more memory they place a shit game on, with half the features of the pc version. So I won't buy it anymore unless a PS or Xbox one comes out that's worth a fucking damn.

I'm not sure. I had been going to http://www.modthesims.info/ for years, but their site is fucked now and I can't log in to download anything. I don't know of any other decent modding sites.

When i was hard on the sims, i went here:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/

They seem to charge for subscriptions for some mods these days though, but the look like they still have some free mods.

w-600h-450-2282667.jpg

EA fuck me off, they bring out computer games of the Sims and rarely is the average computer capable of playing as it is huge!

Then the machine that was made for video games and has so much more memory they place a shit game on, with half the features of the pc version. So I won't buy it anymore unless a PS or Xbox one comes out that's worth a fucking damn.

Most average computers can handle Sims 3, hell even my gf's shitty apple laptop can run it on medium settings. I've recently got a new comp with 16GB of RAM and it even takes a long time to load on that. However, i've started playing Sims 2 again just so I can run a shop. (Fuck EA for not releasing an OFB themed pack for 3.) That loads in roughly 40 seconds - about 10 times faster than the Sims 3 does.

*Builds an average computer for Mercy*

*Successfully plays Skyrim on it*

Maybe your computer was average in 2004? Now it's a really big paperweight.

Enjoy your new rig, it cost $400 to build.

Electronic Rockstar North Arts presents The Sims: GTA coming in 2014.

All of your favourite elements of The Sims come to you in a fresh light. Choose one of several new careers to get you started. Would you like to drive taxis? How about knocking heads as part of a gang? Work your way up to the top of the mob. Is prostitution for your Sim?

Build up their stats to further their chosen careers. How well can you flip burgers at Burger Shot? Go to the firing range to boost your shooting skill. Enter street races to become a better driver. Go to a dance studio to learn moves from the best strippers.

Meet the woman of your dreams. Or three women. Maybe you just want to get a load off with your hard earned Simoleans. And if you kill her afterwards you get your money back to blow on another whore!

Start a family with your new bride(s). Send your young ones off to school. Teach them how to negotiate drug deals. Show them how to fight in case they need to sort out a teacher or two. But be nice to your daughters. You don't want them in your favourite hang outs.

Don't forget that a man's house is his castle. From a shitty apartment in Broker to a magnificent Vice City mansion, the choices are endless. Choose your size, shape, furniture, appliances, decor. You can even set up your very own meth lab!

Your Sims will need to fulfill their daily needs too just like you. They'll need to be fed at places like Clucking Bell, bathed after committing murders, rest their weary heads after a long day of running from the cops. They even need to be entertained with alcohol and hookers.

And just like you your Sim will have their very own friends. Bribe the local cop to look the other way, go bowling with your cousin, meet drug dealers at parties and even fuck your neighbour's daughter. Your Sims connections are as varied as your imagination.

And if that's not enough you can walk or drive through your neighborhood punching, shooting and running over pedestrians as they try to flee in terror. It's hours of fun for the whole family.

The Sims: GTA

Due mid-2014

Official trailer for the Sims 4

Play with life like never before in The Sims 4. Create new Sims with intelligence and emotion. Experience new intuitive creative tools to sculpt your Sims and build unique homes. Control the mind, body, and heart of your Sims, and bring your stories to life.

Create and control the most intelligent and relatable Sims ever with new, intuitive creative tools. Customize your Sims’ appearances, personalities, aspirations, walk styles, and even their relationship to others. (Pimp walk?)

Select from vibrant neighborhoods for your Sims to live in. Construct their homes with fun, intuitive creative tools through the tactile room-based Build Mode.

TS4_build_v10.gif

Play with life like never before in The Sims 4. Your Sims now have emotions, offering you more choice by giving you the opportunity to create richer stories with even more possibilities.

http://thesims.com/e...-community-blog

The most important information in this topic is that Viceman has found love.

Well, maybe all of you already knew, if that's the case - suck my dick.

Meh, anyway... That video didn't really sell it for me, they keep using the word "intuitive" but is it really? We could shape faces to that degree in TS3, if you could be bothered to go into that much detail of course which I never did. I'm sure it'll be the same here, I can't see the point of fine tuning a nose to that degree manually, I just ended up using the default shapes. If they add some of the things from TS2 which they removed in TS3 then they might be back on track... but at the moment it's just looking like a slightly polished TS3. The sims don't look any more realistic, the only thing I did like was that you can choose their gait, lets hope there's more than 5 to choose from though.

I think it's one of those things where the graphics don't look all that different until release.

Example - Microsoft Flight.

Before release:

After release:

Too bad they fucked up and didn't make a great flight simulator like FSX.