Sign in to follow this  
Brian

The Sims

EA has announced The Sims 4. According to EA’s official site, The Sims 4 will be released in 2014 and will be available on both PC and Mac. EA has confirmed to IGN that the title will allow for "single-player and offline" play.

“The Sims franchise is fueled by the passion and creativity of its millions of fans around the world,” EA wrote. “Their continued devotion to the franchise ignites the fire of creativity of the team at The Sims Studio, driving them to continually improve and innovate on one of the world’s most successful simulation game that has sold more than 150 million copies worldwide.”

EA reports that more information on The Sims 4 will be released later today.

http://www.ign.com/a..._source=twitter

1311611443783.jpg

Just as Sims 3 starts to look attractive and though I might buy it (Was waiitng for the Uni expansion pack for ages) they pull out and make a new game.

Probably won't buy it, just like I didn't buy 3.

• Like 1

It's releasing sometime in 2014, you should go ahead and buy it (3), it's enjoyable.

I have entirely fallen off the wagon for this series. I still play Sims 3 from time to time, because my family knows I bought Sims 3 and they just pick up the new expansion for Christmas/birthday/whatever, so I end up with the expansions, but I wouldn't buy any of them myself. Certainly not buying Sims 4.

I hate The Sims, I know that playing computer games can be considered by many who don't play them, a waste of time, and I generally don't agree with them, but The Sims I can say is. You can spend hours on this game, and what have you done, got a promotion and had a baby, YAY!! <_< Play GTA for 5 minutes, killed 500 peds, Stolen I really fast car, getting chased by a tank, Now that's an achievement.

Won't touch this however good it is.

i didn't like sims 3... the options felt limited compared to 2... i still play 2 every now and then because it is still a lot of fun... i am only missing a couple of expansion packs, i should see how cheap they are...

sims 4 just sounds too soon to me... and i bet the expansion packs will be the same as 3... meh, it's never gonna be as good as the sims 2... i will continue to make that my sim of choice...

I played the first sims a million years ago, all I did was make houses and remove doors and watch them starve, remove pool ladders and shit.

My parents are quite happy with how I turned out though.

i created this one creeper that invites women to move in with him, but then he keeps them locked in these basement dungeon rooms... i once created myself who was kidnapped by an alien from strangeville who kept me locked in the basement to reproduce... i eventually learned meditation and teleported out of that bitch after a few kids :lol:...

oh the things you can do with a life simulator...

i created this one creeper that invites women to move in with him, but then he keeps them locked in these basement dungeon rooms... i once created myself who was kidnapped by an alien from strangeville who kept me locked in the basement to reproduce... i eventually learned meditation and teleported out of that bitch after a few kids :lol:...

oh the things you can do with a life simulator...

Thats what I missed about the Sims 2 that the Sims 3 lacked, the plant people, aliens, zombie people and all that.

Sims 3 has all of those now, though they're disappointing.

Aliens are much harder to get, zombies are only temporary (there's supposed to be a permanent zombie option, but it's glitched and is also temporary). PlantSims (which I never liked) are in the University expansion.

i also didn't like the fact that when you returned home, you arrive as if you'd been out all day (tired/hungry) but the lot acts as if you had just left... i understand the technicality of the situation, but if i am living alone, shouldn't my lot advance time with me? it's why i learn meditation as soon as i can so i can meditate through that akward transition to get my character back on schedule...

the community aspect of 3 is good though, i liked exploring town knowing everything around me went along as well...

Aliens are much harder to get, zombies are only temporary (there's supposed to be a permanent zombie option, but it's glitched and is also temporary). PlantSims (which I never liked) are in the University expansion.

They didn't exist until the supernatural addon which came late last year, a long fucking time to wait, and then it's fairly poop :(

They didn't exist until the supernatural addon which came late last year, a long fucking time to wait, and then it's fairly poop :(

I spent a very long time leveling alchemy (can't believe I had to utter that phrase outside of a WoW conversation) so I could craft the permanent zombification potion. Imagine my rage when it glitched and wore off after three days.

I'm happy with how they handled vampirism, though. I made a small-time criminal who was bitten, and he now runs all of Bridgeport. He's been a very fun character to play.

• Like 1

I spent a very long time leveling alchemy (can't believe I had to utter that phrase outside of a WoW conversation) so I could craft the permanent zombification potion. Imagine my rage when it glitched and wore off after three days.

I'm happy with how they handled vampirism, though. I made a small-time criminal who was bitten, and he now runs all of Bridgeport. He's been a very fun character to play.

That sounds interesting. I wonder if theres a bunch of barricade objects downloadable to turn a house into a fort