Sign in to follow this  
I_Am_Coopa

Environment Change Dynamic?

Recently in my looking and admiring of the GTA V screenshots I have noticed something rather interesting. It appears to me that Rockstar has implemented some form of environment change dynamic. What I mean by that is if you do something like say, burn down a building, it will be roped off and rebuilt. Now while my example is not confirmed let me show you some screenshots that confirm either a change in map design or a dynamic change as result of some mission.

Case One:

http://www.igta5.com/images/official-screenshot-another-wonderful-sunset-in-los-santos.jpg

(Note:I will not be posting the full images as they are very large)

If you notice that the tall skyscraper on the left of the even taller one has a construction crane. Seems harmless right? Wrong.

Case Two:

http://www.igta5.com/images/official-screenshot-view-from-observatory.jpg

This shot shows that the same skyscraper is lacking said crane.

Case Three:

http://www.igta5.com/images/official-screenshot-nice-dam-view-of-the-city.jpg

This shot also shows the same skyscraper lacking the crane.

Closing thoughts:

If you look at other screenshots showcasing the same building you notice the lacking of that crane up until recent screenshots. It seems apparent to me that one of two things is going on, Rockstar decided to add a crane for looks which is highly unlikely, here is why.

Rockstar starts to develop their games around the map. Once the map is loosely built they develop story and so on and so forth. So this far into development it seems highly unlikely that they would add a crane with no apparent use. It also seems that as they release screenshots they are delving farther into the story. The trailer and screenshots were mere intros, the next trailer and slew of screenshots showed more mission based content.

So it seems that the crane may be the result of a mission or an environment change. Maybe in that storm we saw in the screenshot of the pier caused a bunch of glass and structural damage to the skyscraper I use as my example. If my theory is in fact, well, fact...this would be a major leap in game world and game dynamics. Whatever the case, I am greatly excited to finally play this game come September.

• Like 4

Ehhhhh....I think this is more of a case of the crane not loading when the building is viewed from far away, but appearing when viewed from close by. Probably because these shots are, of course, from an unfinished build of the game...so I think we'll be seeing the crane from the dam/observatory in the final version.

Besides the crane isn't new nor was it introduced in recent screens. You can see it in the first trailer when the plane flies past it and the US Bank Tower.

85157687.jpg

Yeah, because from a realism standpoint, i don't understand why the crane wouldnt be there in any of the screenshots since the building is still being built.

This individual knows how to grammar. It seems like a good topic too, a rarity for rookies. ok now about the topic i think since the map is open from the start it would be cool if a storm were to cripple a bridge or tunnel for a few missions having to do missions in the country while the damage is repaired.

I remember back in TBOGT you blew up a crane.

And also after some missions in IV, like when you blew up that car thing in Bohan or when your first safehouse got burned down, it stayed that way for the rest of the game.

I don't think that much influence of a dynamic enviorment would happen imo... maybe for a few buildings, but that would feel odd because it doesn't keep up consistency... and if every building is destructible, what would happen if you blew everything up would their be a construction crew per house? I think ibeniko has a good point it probably would progress through the story if it were being built. if there are perminant construction sites I think it would however be cooler if there were dynamic AI that controlled the construction equipment. like the cement roller one, that would be sick to take and roll people over.

I don't think that much influence of a dynamic enviorment would happen imo... maybe for a few buildings, but that would feel odd because it doesn't keep up consistency... and if every building is destructible, what would happen if you blew everything up would their be a construction crew per house? I think ibeniko has a good point it probably would progress through the story if it were being built. if there are perminant construction sites I think it would however be cooler if there were dynamic AI that controlled the construction equipment. like the cement roller one, that would be sick to take and roll people over.

I don't care about the entire building, just the floors level with the crane. But if it were, yeah, the whole building would have to be. People would be acting out 9/11 like crazy only to find out that floor upstairs isn't going anywhere.

At :45 in Michaels trailer you can see a securicar being pushed through a barrier wall and the barrier crumbles to pieces.

Don't forget that in San Andreas you drive through a billboard that you can't damage outside of the mission, and in BoGT you blow up a crane that was indestructible before.

Also that bridge rail over Grove Street in SA. That was destructible outside of missions, but it played a role in the last mission.

Also that bridge rail over Grove Street in SA. That was destructible outside of missions, but it played a role in the last mission.
whaaaat I gotta throw SA in and check out that guard rail.

What if it wasn't just the mission, and things are destructible to a degree. Trucks through small walls and barriers all day nyukka

I've noted the crane appearing and disappearing in various scenes... I have vague recollections about someone on here discussing the buildings size compared to other buildings and how it seemed taller in some scenes.

Personally I suspect this is part of the story line. We all know the GTA V is “About the pursuit of the almighty dollar” and when it comes to making money, property is a biggie.

Except when Rockstar mentions that property acquisition won't feature in GTA V. In which case, property is not a biggie.

Sign in to follow this