That's a yacht <_< reference GTA IV TBoGT

But it looks too large to be a yacht. Get Pud in here, let him do his scaling magic, he'll settle this. Meantime, let's say it's between yacht and cruise-ship size.

You don't need scaling you just need reference and a brain and pay attention to the information released. I still :wub: you.

Thanks TF for the picture provided.

You don't need scaling you just need reference and a brain and pay attention to the information released.

I used both of those, obviously with error. Again, I'm sorry for disputing you.

You don't need scaling you just need reference and a brain and pay attention to the information released.

I used both of those, obviously with error. Again, I'm sorry for disputing you.

See post above.

That's a yacht <_< reference GTA IV TBoGT

But it looks too large to be a yacht. Get Pud in here, let him do his scaling magic, he'll settle this. Meantime, let's say it's between yacht and cruise-ship size.

You don't need scaling you just need reference and a brain and pay attention to the information released. I still :wub: you.

Thanks TF for the picture provided.

See post above.

You twat, you edited that after I quoted you. :mad:

Either way, your love does not make me feel any less retarded.

I just realised Edge called Los Santos "Vice City" in the Waterworld part.

"From the moment Trevor gets in a motorised dinghy and sets off up the coast it’s clear that we’re not in Vice City any more."

I know it's nothing big. I just found it funny.

Also, about the heist crew you can hire. They say you gotta split the earnings. Can you hire them and then kill them near the end so you don't have to pay them?

Was thinking that same thing. I recall one magazine mentioning that should one tech/driver/gunman get offed in the course of a heist, there'll "be less talent available". So I assume that these professionals are in finite supply.

"From the moment Trevor gets in a motorised dinghy and sets off up the coast it’s clear that we’re not in Vice City any more."

They meant Los Santos is different from Vice City. They didn't mess up at all.

Ah, I missed that. I skimmed through everything cause ironically, I was tired from staying up waiting for the info. I might go back through and give it a proper read now that I'm refreshed. Thanks Gun.

No trouble. Not sure if it'll also apply to murder by the player accidents involving the player, though. Sorry you Aussies and Kiwis had such a long wait. Hope it was worth it.

Before these Previews GTA V was set to be a great game. And after, I'm left convinced that GTA V will end up being the best game of ALL time. Rockstar I salute you. :salute:

Also I wonder what the Mechanic Skill will be used for? Maybe we will have the ability to repair vehicles?

397854_10151646942750097_163136665_n.jpg

This shot just looks amazing to me. Look at all those beach umbrellas and how small they are. I think you can even make out a person towards the bottom right of the screen. Now imagine how huge this beach is going to look from the perspective of those people, being able to see nothing but beach as far as you can look. Then a little further back you see the long bike path (which should be a relaxing change of pace from getting around on the busy streets), beach volleyball set up near that (I wonder if you can interact with people playing it or even play it yourself?), and of course the pier in the distance. These beach areas alone give a great idea of the sense of scale in the game, and personally I think this will be one of the most exciting areas to hang out in.

beach volleyball set up near that (I wonder if you can interact with people playing it or even play it yourself?)

Imagines the homoerotic scene from Top Gun.......................

beach volleyball set up near that (I wonder if you can interact with people playing it or even play it yourself?)

Imagines the homoerotic scene from Top Gun.......................

Some of this game reminds me of point break. Might have to rewatch that film.

• Like 1

They meant Los Santos is different from Vice City. They didn't mess up at all.

I see now. I stand corrected.

Two notable little details from the French Jeuxvideo preview article:

-No RDR-style hunting and skinning missions, R* said "the interest is elsewhere"...but it doesn't say we aren't able to kill animals.

-Hitchhiking is mentioned in passing, perhaps another one of many ped interactions.

Not much else that isn't mentioned in the other articles I've read so far, still working through them all.

-No RDR-style hunting and skinning missions, R* said "the interest is elsewhere"...but it doesn't say we aren't able to kill animals.

-Hitchhiking is mentioned in passing, perhaps another one of many ped interactions.

Not much else that isn't mentioned in the other articles I've read so far, still working through them all.

Sounds good, I hope they do have animal killing so I can shoot a raccoon and launch it at a meeting place of The Lost. See how that goes.

Also I wonder what the Mechanic Skill will be used for? Maybe we will have the ability to repair vehicles?

I was wondering the same thing. My gripe with the concept of buying/modding vehicles has always been the fact that I'm going to end up crashing the car almost immediately, so it feels like money wasted. But if I can just fix the damn thing myself, that's a different story.

Now that we know we can buy businesses, maybe I can buy a tow truck service/body shop and let them clean up my messes.

---

In other news... Just noticed this post on the R* Newswire from last night. Looks like a tidy summary of all the various reviews we've been looking at. Near the bottom there is a list of international media outlets, not sure if we have all of them in our list or not.

Edited by MrMister81
  • Like 1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Well maybe with the Mechanic Skill you can make your own engine and brakes. "Pay N Sprays can also mod cars with paint jobs, new wheels, window tints, grilles, spoilers. Upgrades to suspension, engine and brakes can also be made." -http://www.computerandvideogames.com/404351/gta-5-new-details-character-switching-skill-systems-and-more/

It is around the 39th bullet point.

Also, about the heist crew you can hire. They say you gotta split the earnings. Can you hire them and then kill them near the end so you don't have to pay them?

I am guessing that it will not be that simple. one thing I noticed was that the skill of the people you hire will increase the more you use them. so it may be better for you to keep them around for another mission where they can get you even more cash.

I think it will be used for when you want to upgrade your car. like maybe you can only do so much until you increase your skill.

they did say there will be hunting, but it is probably just not as in depth as it was in RDR.

the 90 minute review on CVG has a lot of little tidbits that I didnt really see anywhere else. I suggest watching it if you have not already.

• Like 1

Sounds good, I hope they do have animal killing so I can shoot a raccoon and launch it at a meeting place of The Lost. See how that goes.

One of the reviews said "You can also kill time by hunting in these territories (sorry, no fishing)."

http://www.gameinfor...eft-auto-v.aspx

I was saddened by that news.

Not because I'm an angler, but because I would love to bludgeon someone to death with a fishing pole.

One of the reviews said "You can also kill time by hunting in these territories (sorry, no fishing)."

http://www.gameinfor...eft-auto-v.aspx

Right, I figure this means we'll be able to hunt critters for sport or self-defence, but that there won't be more to it than that, no fur trading or deer steaks on the BBQ. Which works for me.

I can imagine Trevor skinning an animal... and maybe eating its heart.

It sounds to me that they will have a little side mission for hunting. maybe you put on specific clothing and/or go to a certain spot and you are given X amount of time to kill Y number of Z animal.