"The engine does a great job of showing the game's vast scale, and while it might be that the tech shows its limitations when you're in one of the newly-added jets, drifting down to earth it looks great."

From OXM. :(

Then again, like they said, it's a working build. Perhaps this lag will be fixed by release.

After GTA IV's simple version, RDR's wheel, and then Max Payne 3's wheel, I think it's a safe bet that we'll have a wheel in GTA V.

(the forums automatically embed standard youtube links fyi)

@above: In IV the game engine didn't always keep up when you were flying down a highway at top speed either.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for gathering all the information up and placing it in one location.

Everything I read today seems to be good. Glad properties, player/car customization,and aircraft are returning. Was unsure about the special abilities at first, but have faith R* did it right. Slow time in vehicle as Franklin should make street races easier.

Few questions... curious is you take a submarine down deep to a shipwreck, if you'll be able to get out of sub and leave it submerged, grab your loot, then get back in sub all while remaining underwater.

Lastly, from my understanding each character has own funds and stuff, well hoping there is some way to transfer money from one character to another. Say you play a lot as Trever and have stacked cash up, leaving Franklin broke. Now you want Franklin to buy the strip club but can't afford. Maybe there will be a way to transfer money from one of the many ATMs. That way you don't need to grind each character for money to buy their specific merchandise/properties.

• Like 2

Seems like they reneged on their previous statements regarding a lot of gameplay features. I'm happy about that. Good to see weapon and vehicle customization. Had no idea they'd go so deep into the vehicle mods; shocks, brakes, etc. I just hope we can customize aircraft.

I think one of the first things I might try is jumping out of a plane with no parachute, then switching to another character for a minute or 2 then switch back and see what happens......

Also, I hope that there isn't too much to do in the water - I can't swim!!!

In that panoramic screenshot with the small plane flying over the beach, I am sure I can see a cruise ship in the background - hope you can jack that shit...

• Like 1

Few questions... curious is you take a submarine down deep to a shipwreck, if you'll be able to get out of sub and leave it submerged, grab your loot, then get back in sub all while remaining underwater.

Lastly, from my understanding each character has own funds and stuff, well hoping there is some way to transfer money from one character to another. Say you play a lot as Trever and have stacked cash up, leaving Franklin broke. Now you want Franklin to buy the strip club but can't afford. Maybe there will be a way to transfer money from one of the many ATMs. That way you don't need to grind each character for money to buy their specific merchandise/properties.

I have a feeling we will not learn details like that (in regards to the sub) until we actually play the game. I would guess that we could get out, although that would not be to realistic.

It will be interesting how they split up the money/weapons/property. R* in the past has been a bit vague on if they would all have one inventory/money supply or if each character would have their own. I think it would be better if they each had there own, but a transfer system like you mention would be good.

that also begs the question of what will happen if you try to get into and drive another characters car when they are not there. for example, you buy a car as Micheal but later you come by as Franklin, can he just drive off in the car like it is his? it seems you can actually own things like cars and choppers so that could be interesting.

Seems like they reneged on their previous statements regarding a lot of gameplay features. I'm happy about that. Good to see weapon and vehicle customization. Had no idea they'd go so deep into the vehicle mods; shocks, brakes, etc. I just hope we can customize aircraft.

Yeah, I never imagined they take it that far. sounds awesome. I was very happy when they confirmed weapon mods as well. I had been thinking that maybe people were just being hopeful fo0r nothing.

I think one of the first things I might try is jumping out of a plane with no parachute, then switching to another character for a minute or 2 then switch back and see what happens......

Also, I hope that there isn't too much to do in the water - I can't swim!!!

In that panoramic screenshot with the small plane flying over the beach, I am sure I can see a cruise ship in the background - hope you can jack that shit...

That is another good question. They do say there will be some limits to when you can switch. my guess is that you can not do it with a certain wanted level (like maybe over 4 stars) and when you are near death. but who knows. I guess we will see.

I feel like R* has really outdone themselves (again). this is very clearly their grand finale to this gen, just like SA was for the PS2 generation. It is like everything for the last 8 years has been building up to this.

Edited by calimann83

Only read a few reviews, can't say I care much about other people's "expert" opinions, just want to know all the new info. Looks like they're piling in as much as possible into the game, just like they did with SA. Love it.

Read IGN's review about how it's not graphically superior to IV and so feels dated in that way, who the fuck cares, they're chucking in everything they can, and the kitchen sink, why waste time on graphics when this current gen of console can't give out much more, or at least the engine Rockstar have been using and upgrading since IV won't give much more (i forget what it's now called). Hmm, GTA next gen engine. :drool:

the gta base? whoever they are.. on twitter. saying that they will have more info to post tomorrow?

397854_10151646942750097_163136665_n.jpg

Thats a pretty big white ship behind the pier, might be a cruise ship.

It looks like its moving/not docked.

I'm excited about the haircuts and stuff....I mean...don't judge me. I have an eye for fashion...

But what exactly could you do with Trevor's hair? Give him a skullet, shave it off....hair transplant?

• Like 1

the gta base? whoever they are.. on twitter. saying that they will have more info to post tomorrow?

I hope we can navigate it ourselves.

I'm excited about the haircuts and stuff....I mean...don't judge me. I have an eye for fashion...

But what exactly could you do with Trevor's hair? Give him a skullet, shave it off....hair transplant?

lol

I predict one of the major heists will require us to hijack and/or sink a ship, scuba dive to it and retrieve some sort of loot.

• Like 1

Thats a yacht, it was featured in michael's trailer with the blonde chick in the bikini on it.

• Like 3

I better get a spear gun for SCUBA diving. I fucking hate sharks. When playing Far Cry 3, the mission on the ship nearly had me crying. At every turn I thought a shark would pop out. And now GTA wants to make me scream and cry. :baby:

Looks to be a cruise ship, as someone else said. I believe they also expressed a desire to "jack that bitch". Can't remember who said it.

Looks to be a cruise ship, as someone else said. I believe they also expressed a desire to "jack that bitch". Can't remember who said it.

I don't know what rinky dink ass cruise ship you've seen, that's a yacht.

• Like 1

Me - but everyone ignores gingers!!! :)

Let's assume that Del Perro Pier is a quarter-mile long. The ship appears considerably shorter than that. Factor in the distance of the ship from Del Perro Pier, add that to the distance from the camera, and tell me again that it's a yacht. honky.

Sorry, Gingin. I was lost in the humor of your statement. :lol:

Let's assume that Del Perro Pier is a quarter-mile long. The ship appears considerably shorter than that. Factor in the distance of the ship from Del Perro Pier, add that to the distance from the camera, and tell me again that it's a yacht. honky.

Sorry, Gingin. I was lost in the humor of your statement. :lol:

That's a yacht <_< reference GTA IV TBoGT

That's a yacht <_< reference GTA IV TBoGT

But it looks too large to be a yacht. Get Pud in here, let him do his scaling magic, he'll settle this. Meantime, let's say it's between yacht and cruise-ship size.