JamieMilne

Michael, Franklin, Trevor. Trailers coming 30th April.

I believe he meant "The LAN for my school restricts access to the popular video sharing site, YouTube. If there is a way I may be able to remedy this problem, will you fine people please enlighten me?"
. Yes I meant that, and IDK what LAN is and I did meant wifi, else you said is right.

Thanks anyways

Another thing that caught my attention was that we didn't see either Franklin or Trevor in Michael's trailer, same thing goes for Franklin's. This shows that there'll be a lot of activities and missions to do with just one of the characters, without even getting involved with the two other protagonists.

franklin was in michael's trailer at :37 seconds in.

Yes. Franklin's trailer shows green. Can't rock Grove ST. Colors without being in the gang. He also reminds me a lot of CJ when he wears that tanktop. Trevor's was great too. Michael's was meh.

one, all three trailers were awesome, Trevor and Michaels were the best, and two, fucking F-250 and a Ram my 2 favorite trucks hell yeah

This game is going to be amazing.

I think Franklin will be most people's fav. character because he's versatile. He looks like he wants to leave the gangs alone, but still stays in the hood, which prevents him from getting out.

Trevor is just crazy & doesn't care. Choking old ladies? LMAO.

Michael wants to get out the life & his family seems to be unorganized.

Great trailers 10/10. Nice to hear Jay Rock.

Let me guess, you were Jay Rock's No.1 fan because he was your boy in da hood, and then the new trailers released and you said:

'thumbs up if you were bumpin' this before GTA5!1!!'

I was bumping Waylon before GTA V. OG, honkys, etc.

• Like 2

Last scene (0:55) of Trevor's:

Juggalo dude is wearing a "Fatal Excursion" (?) shirt.

"Logger Light" commercial on the TV.

Look at that view though. I wonder whose house that is. Can't be Michael's, he lives in Rockford Hills which isn't near water or beach. Hmm.

For those that give a shit, the rides are not stationary.

Here are a few things I noticed about each trailer:

Michael

• Appears to have a very close relationship with his therapist. The doctor may play a large role in Michael's storyline.
  • Has an advanced (in comparison to other protagonists) fighting style; catches a man in the face with an elbow.
  • Is seen picking up a chair and destroying a TV with it.
  • Put Tracy in an armbar and shoved her, prompting her to scream "I HATE YOU!". Micheal proceeded to calmly turn on the TV.

Franklin

• The vertical "liquor" sign that was visible in an artwork (and also in Trevor's trailer) is visible in the first frame.
  • Dirigible is visible over the dealership (appears lower than in other appearances).
  • Friend accuses Frank of being a "snee-eye-itch". Subtle foreshadowing, perhaps?
  • Street racing scene cuts to a cockpit view of (presumably) a police helicopter. May be the cinematic camera in action.
  • Some graphic nudity follows the street race. The *ahem* exotic entertainer is revealing quite a bit.
  • "Cash and Carry" artwork is played out in-game, with the same lighting of LS at dusk. Police bodies fly from the cruiser, which is missing doors from the collision.
  • Following the flood control chase, a setting seen earlier in the trailer is revisited: a house that is down the street from the Compton Court. The same car is parked out front as before, perhaps suggesting that it is part of the same cutscene as before.
  • A man is murdered in the bright light of a tactical flashlight. Weapon customization, perhaps?

Trevor

• A man, probably Trevor, is seen pissing in the corner of his meth lab. (Fun fact: a meth cook wouldn't do that, as the fumes from the urine's ammonia can react with the fumes present during cooking and ruin a batch or cause an explosion)
  • As he is called a hillbilly by a disembodied voice, the same vertical "liquor" sign is visible on a street in Sandy Shores (a parody of Bombay Beach) as was visible early in Franklin's trailer.
  • Clubs a guy square in the face by the Alamo Sea.
  • Friendship with Michael is rekindled upon sight (likely first time since the "old days"), as Trevor lifts Michael in a bear hug. (Is that Michael's therapist on the right? Could it be that the therapist is responsible for Michael's re-entry into the game? Could also be Ron.)
  • Next frame, Trevor leans over a wooden balcony as a man (Ron?) tells him to "go and ruin someone else's home furnishings!"
  • Trevor flies a biplane over a hangar-like structure that has the Vapid logo.
  • He strangles an old man in an area that looks like Rockford Hills. The man's wife swats Trevor upside the head with her purse.
  • Prepares to torture a man with jumper cables (a special ability?)
  • Has a fondness for mammary glands, as he congratulates Michael's wife on her "nice new tits".
  • Confesses to "abandonment issues", and he sees a "shrink" weekly.
  • Is heard laughing as he drives a car into an oncoming train.
  • "You want me to get my dick out again?", with a serious expression on his face.

This game is gonna be great.

• Like 2

All three trailers were awesome, and all three characters look interesting in their own ways.

Michael ~ Looks to have the most thought provoking storyline. He looks like a very human character who is never happy and is always wanting more from life ( Excitement, Meaning, Purpose etc ). He looks like he wants some of the excitement back from his old lifestyle ( ie Heists and other Criminal Enterprises ) from before he went into the Witness Protection Program. Looks like he has mini games like Golf, Tennis, and from the bike track next to the beach scenes in his trailer, it looks like it might be easier to get around Los Santos on a bike.

Michael reminds me of Tony Soprano mixed with a little Walter White, topped off with some Rockstar.

Franklin ~ To be honest his trailer was probably the most interesting to watch, gameplay wise. It looks like most of the Members here were wrong, and GTA V will indeed be featuring Street Gang Missions alongside other possible Open World interactions. Franklin looks alot tougher in this Trailer than in the previous ones, his story will hopefull be what CJ's story should of been in GTA SA.

He looks to have some Gangbangin' and other 'Hood' type missions in his story, along with his dog 'Chop' and however we will be able to use him against enemies ( did anyone else notice his green collar in Franklin's trailer? Customization anyone? ). And the 'We Own Los Santos' map in his home reminds me of the Gang Territories/ Wars game mechanic in GTA SA, pointing towards something similar in GTA V.

Franklin's Story could be interesting, because he is trying to better his life by making more money and getting out of the old Gangster Lifestyle. But is constantly being pulled back into it by his old friends ( like Lamar ).

Trevor ~ Looks more Redneck and Psychopathic than ever. His character reminds me alot of Heisenberg ( Walter White's alter ego in 'Breaking Bad' ), especially the reference to being a drug dealer, and the Meth Kitchen setup in his Trailer ( Drug Dealing Mechanics Possibly? ). Again with the pyromainia, setting things on fire in the this trailer as well. He looks like he enjoys a bit of the old Ultra-Violence, alongside a bit of Sadistic Torture. Anyone who enjoys inflicting violence on virtual people will definitely enjoy this character and story.

I don't know about the Redneck Country music in his trailer, but San Andreas K-Rose had some good songs. I also don't know about the homosexual shit at the end of his trailer, where he threatened to get his cock out again if the guy didn't give him a massage. I don't know if Trevor is secretly bi-sexual, and pretending to be heterosexual ( Like alot of people in Prison ), but this definitely reminds me of that scene in Deliverance ( You know the One )

Anyway these Trailers showed tonnes more than just the Characters, like new Cars and views of Los Santos and the Countryside etc. But i'll leave that for another post.

• Like 1

Oh my god a juggalo....

I mean, that does fit in with the white trash aspect of Trevor.

I really sprang a woody for Franklin's trailer. That one has me the most excited.

I think the only way Rockstar could top the three different perspectives here is if they let you play as a cop too.

• Like 2

I :lol: 'd reading that last bit. It's even better if you read it in an Alabama accent. Tanner, can you please read that out loud and put it on Vocaroo?

This is what i think i've learn't about each character from these trailers:

Micheal

In a mid life crisis, on the edge of a nervous breakdown. He's frustrated with his rich but boring lifestyle, and takes it out on his family, who in turn, hate him for it. His Wife is playing away with younger man/men who she believes care about her more than Micheal does.

Franklin

Far from straight cut, but is trying to shake his old lifestyle, whilst still trying to hold on to old friends. Obviously they come hand in hand, and parts of his gang life force their way back in to his life.

Trevor

He's clearly chosen a tough lifestyle, and projects this, with an "i couldn't give a fuck" attitude in all areas of his life. He's a major drug dealer, sociopath, and anarchist. He's not really bothered about making money, he's just along for the ride.

I could be wrong but that's how i perceived it.

• Like 3

Put Tracy in an armbar and shoved her, prompting her to scream "I HATE YOU!". Micheal proceeded to calmly turn on the TV.

He didn't put her in an armbar, he was just wrestling the remote away from her.

Sounds perfect dup. Looking at all these caps lets you really marvel at the level of detail. Like how when Jimmy's playing video games you can see his socks stuck to the bottom of his foot. One thing that these showed us that I'm really digging is how other characters change clothes. It seems alot more common here than IV

Also I just noticed in Trevor's "Bring me my coffee or I'll break your arm" scene, you can see that the clothes in his closet are already kind of made into outfits, ie a button up with a jacket and a tshirt with a jacket. I assume those are other outfits you can pick as him and that is the interface to how you do it.

Edited by theR2D2midget

He didn't put her in an armbar, he was just wrestling the remote away from her.

Oh, good. I feel a lot better about Michael's character now. Thanks, Mass. (Y)