Sign in to follow this  
DuPz0r

GTA Multiplayer/Singleplayer Standalone

GTA Multiplayre Standalone  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just a random thought about Multiplayer, but something that could possibly happen, not specifically with GTA only but other games in the near future.

Would you prefer: R* North focused 100% on the single player game, release it separately, and let another studio develop an entirely independent GTA online which still had a large GTA map, but focused on personalisation of your avatar and co-op/competitive activities and a decent gameplay experience. Or leave how it is, as in add mulitplayer as a sort of afterthought, not to say GTA V multiplayer will be shit in any way, just that it's not the main focus.

Or would you like them to try something completely different? Please Explain.

I'm sort of on the fence here. Although i do like it how it is, i would love a full multiplayer experience which screamed "THIS IS GTA" with all the polished feeling of GTA, but with my own gangster avatar and a constant supply of updates and patches adding new content every month. I'd actually pay a monthly subscription to a GTA style MMO, but i'd still like the single player games every four or so years, because lets face it, that's where the magic is...

Yeah? I couldn't. As much as i love single player, and that's what i always look forward to every GTA release, the reality is, i end up playing Multiplayer more in the long run...

/edit

Based on GTA IV anyway. Even SA i played SAMP online more than i probably played SA in total, and i played SA single player a fuck load.

GTA is a game where multiplayer is completely unnecessary. Id such rather have them use that disc space for more single player content. Or like you said, they should pug the multiplayer on a separate disc.

Stupid phone spell check.

I'd say together, just because even if Rockstar doesn't release the story by itself with 100% focus, I'll still get 100% enjoyment out of it based off of what I've seen so far. Which granted, isn't much, but I fully enjoyed IV when it was together so I'm not sure how vast the single player mode would improve if it was separate.

The main singleplayer campaign trumps multiplayer for me, but I'd still want access to multiplayer, even if I rarely use it. The idea of shopping out and developping MP into its own MMO is a cool concept, but I'd have a lot of trouble accepting it as a legitimate GTA game if it wasn't done by R*.

The main singleplayer campaign trumps multiplayer for me, but I'd still want access to multiplayer, even if I rarely use it. The idea of shopping out and developping MP into its own MMO is a cool concept, but I'd have a lot of trouble accepting it as a legitimate GTA game if it wasn't done by R*.

Sorry i didn't make it clear enough, i meant by another Rockstar Studio, so R* North have little or no creative input in order to focus on the single player game, whilst R* San Diego for instance, created a mulitplayer game.

The only reason i ask, is because i'm interested in the poll figures, to see if there is a divide between multiplayers' and single or not.

Since that's the case, your idea has legs. However, I'd still want some resonance between the two, such as using the same map base and key landmarks. The MMO/MP standalone could have additional areas or fully developed interiors not available in the singleplayer. For people that play both, driving and shooting physics should feel similar; but perhaps MP could have a greater range of character movement, like running, climbing, grappling etc. Basically, the standalone concept means we could steal our cake and eat it too.