Sign in to follow this  
DuPz0r

GTA III VC SA Kubricks

Already news'd on igrandtheftauto.com, but i thought i'd start a discussion on it.

http://www.igrandthe...-sets-and-sale/

3622.jpg

3623.jpg

3624.jpg

3625.jpg

So, these things are normally on sale for a limited time. And after they go off sale, they increase in value by a lot, and i'm talking 3-4 times RRP. I've been wanting these for a while, and i think now is the time i should purchase. I may well buy that Blue VC Infernus Tee whilst i'm at it. The Shipping cost to the UK and last page VAT is colossal, so i may as well make the purchase worth while... Plus the 15% off helps.

So, come on, persuade me which set to buy? I've always liked the look of the Vice City ones, but I've been swinging towards the San Andreas ones because I've not seen them before...

Metal Gear Solid ones are also available, but only second hand and very expensive. I wanted some, but not at the price they're asking. GTA however is a different matter. I'm not personally bothered by value of collectibles, i just like them.

Does anyone here own any kurbrick figures? Even if they're not GTA related, share them here if you have any.

Very cool looking figures! (although it's disappointing that there are only two females, and both are 'wearing' bikinis, which looks a bit silly on a Kubrick body...but there it is...)

My vote is for you to get the VC series, if you're only getting one set. It has the most variety among the characters, and they have the best props. But you couldn't go wrong with any of them, really.

Hm. For III and VC, the protagonists are the only ones I would want, and for SA, I want them all, except for the protagonist. Go figure.

I suggest buying San Andreas. Then pose your giant Claude figure so he's stepping on CJ.

Okay i bought some. I pretty much used the same process of elimination as you did gtagrl. Plus i realised that 80% of the SA ones are black, and 60-80% of the GTA 3 ones are Italian American. so i got the VC ones based on ethnic variety.

I know it's a cartridge of some kind, but Big Smoke looks like he's holding a bottle of hot sauce. :lol:

And I thought Truth was holding visory goggles...but if he says he's holding his cock, I believe him.

I'd want the SA set just for that truth figure. Other than that I'd have gone with GTA III for sure.

Actually, I'm really tempted to get a couple of those GTA III lithographs. I was thinking Claude and Kenji but that 8-Ball one is nice too.

rs-lit-10yr-claude-detail-00.jpgrs-lit-10yr-kenji-detail-00.jpgrs-lit-10yr-8ball-detail-00.jpg

From the sounds of it a few of you have purchased from them before. Ever had any issues?

Dup and I both bought the big, expensive Claude figure. He got GTA III 10th anniversary stickers, I didn't. So, as long as you don't order anything when Dup does, you should be fine.

• Like 1

I know it's a cartridge of some kind, but Big Smoke looks like he's holding a bottle of hot sauce. :lol:

Hot Sauce Blunt. Sounds like some failed West Coast rapper from the late 90's...

So they arrived pretty quick. Took four days from order, to my door.

ZvUhj8q.jpg

JLqDU8T.jpg

They were surprisingly bigger than i thought. I assumed they were the size of Lego men, but they're twice as big. More like Playmobile characters.

Damn that Claude figure is nice. Was that a promo item or something?

And also I'd like more info on the lithographs if anybody could help. What do they come in? Are they in a sleeve or framed when they arrive? Or do I have to take it right from the packaging to the framing store?

Damn that Claude figure is nice. Was that a promo item or something?

It's the limited edition GTAIII 10th Anniv figure, i bought it from R* Warehouse. Not cheap, but you would know this, being a collector yourself.

And also I'd like more info on the lithographs if anybody could help. What do they come in? Are they in a sleeve or framed when they arrive? Or do I have to take it right from the packaging to the framing store?

I think they come mounted on white card. Not framed. Similar to how the Max Payne 3 Prints came with pre-orders.

I'd want the SA set just for that truth figure. Other than that I'd have gone with GTA III for sure.

Actually, I'm really tempted to get a couple of those GTA III lithographs. I was thinking Claude and Kenji but that 8-Ball one is nice too.

rs-lit-10yr-claude-detail-00.jpgrs-lit-10yr-kenji-detail-00.jpgrs-lit-10yr-8ball-detail-00.jpg

From the sounds of it a few of you have purchased from them before. Ever had any issues?

Nope I got when they started selling them and they made sure to extra package it so it wouldn't get bent. I've had it framed and placed on my wall. I think for the price I paid it was worth it.

Oddly enough I still have the packaging they shipped it to me in, what can I say who knows when you'll need a new house.