CaPn bOnEs

Official Box Art Revealed...

You should stretch before you jump to a conclusion that far away. Plenty of people use that symbol for plenty of things. A spade doesn't automatically imply gambling.

You should stretch before you jump to a conclusion that far away. Plenty of people use that symbol for plenty of things. A spade doesn't automatically imply gambling.

Thats why I didn't say "That spade means there will be gambling". Hense the "?". I simply suggested that there might be gambling. Plus I havent seen that on Trevor in any other artwork or screenshot. It was just something worth pointing out.

Plus I havent seen that on Trevor in any other artwork or screenshot. It was just something worth pointing out.

Definitely agree that it's something worth pointing out. The spade is commonly associated with death, evil, darkness, etc., so that could be a subtle bit of characterization...

• Like 1

Thats why I didn't say "That spade means there will be gambling". Hense the "?". I simply suggested that there might be gambling. Plus I havent seen that on Trevor in any other artwork or screenshot. It was just something worth pointing out.

i've seen it a bunch of times... a quick google search brought up a revealing possibility... trevor was in vietnam maybe?? but that'd make him at least 60 years old... maybe it was from the american/australian war based around the desert storm time?

either way, the spade tattoo is a favorite among enlisted men... trevor was a pilot for the military so there's my answer, my assumption...

• Like 2

I meant seen in on Trevor. But you're right. I don't think Vietnam specifically since GTA doesn't use real life events, however whatever Rockstar's parody of it would be seems spot on. Deffinetly fits.

because of the current times, i would lean more towards a desert storm-like military campaign or the war on terrorism... the australian/american war seemed to be more of a parody of the vietnam war, so perhaps we could hear about a new military campaign in GTA V??

True. Terrorism was featured in GTA4, with desert storm having not been featired yet, it seems like a strong possibility. Especially since a lot of vets from that live out west, around that area.

Given his age (early 40s), it had to be Desert Storm. Also, pilots are especially fond of the Ace of Spades, so a military tattoo would be the most likely explanation.

Does Trevor have a tatoo of a spade on his arm? ...Gambling? Maybe?

The Ace of Spades ( which is what the tattoo could potentially be ) is traditionally symbolic of one of two things, both of which are often linked to one another. Those two things being Metamorphosis and Death ( not necessarily in that order ).

To flip over the Ace of Spades in any kind of card reading is to get a warning of impending death, whether it be your own or someone linked to you. However it doesn't always have to be a literal death, it could be a death of a certain self, or a phase of life, thus opening a path to a new existence or new identity.

People who sport the Ace of Spades are, whether they know it or not, announcing that they welcome death as a means to a better existence, or simply, that they are not afraid of death and the changes it will bring. This is why the Ace of Spades is popular with soldiers.

• Like 2

its on the quad artwork too

its on the quad artwork too

Thats the same artwork thats used on the cover.

I think it looks great. Very colorful. Nice and GTA-like.

The jet ski brings back good memories of Vice City Stories.