JamieMilne

Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories Coming To PSN

actual_1363900508.jpg

Next week, look for the collection of downloadable Rockstar classics on PSN to be expanded with Toni Cipriani's and Vic Vance's chapters in the Grand Theft Auto saga - Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories. LCS and VCS now join other Rockstar titles from the PS2 era in the PlayStation 2 Classics series that can be downloaded and played on PS3s.

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

The streets of Liberty City are in turmoil. Warring mafiosi vie for control as the town begins to self-destruct under waves of political corruption, organized crime, drug trafficking and union strikes. No one can be trusted as Toni tries to clean up the mess of the city's chaotic underworld. Deranged hit men, morally depraved tycoons, cynical politicians and his own mother stand in his way as Toni tries to bring the city under Leone control.

Forced to fight for his life in an odyssey that will shake Liberty City to its foundations, Toni must use any means necessary to secure his place in the leadership of the Leone family in a town up for grabs.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

Vice City, 1984. Opportunity abounds in a city emerging from the swamps, its growth fueled by the violent power struggle in a lucrative drugs trade. Construction is everywhere as a shining metropolis rises from foundations of crime and betrayal.

As a soldier, Vic Vance has always protected his dysfunctional family, his country, himself. One bad decision later and that job is about to get much harder. Kicked out onto the streets of a city torn between glamour and gluttony, Vic is faced with a stark choice - build an empire or be crushed.

This pair of tales from Liberty City circa '98 and Vice City circa '84 respectively will be available for $9.99 / €9.99 / £7.99 each.

Also recently released and now available from the PlayStation Store are the first two entries in the open-world street racing series Midnight Club. One of the original PS2 launch titles, Midnight Club: Street Racing features open city racing across NYC and London, while Midnight Club II lets you compete across LA, Paris, and Tokyo. PS3 players can also get the latest entry in the Midnight Club series - Midnight Club: Los Angeles - as a full game digital download on PSN.

Stay tuned for word on more Rockstar titles coming soon to the PS2 Classics collection.

This is new? I bought Vice City Stories from the PS Store almost half a year ago.

I'd be interested in a MC2 reboot if it had... WAIT! The old PS2 version did have an online function! Fuck, I may have to buy this.

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure these are the PS2 versions of the 'Stories' games, which means they can be played on PS3. Previously, I think it was only the PSP versions for sale.

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure these are the PS2 versions of the 'Stories' games, which means they can be played on PS3. Previously, I think it was only the PSP versions for sale.

Did the PSP and the PS2 versions both have the same storylines? I'm guessing yes.

Did the PSP and the PS2 versions both have the same storylines? I'm guessing yes.

Yeah,they did. VCS on PS2 had a few extra side quests added in.

Old thread bump. But i couldn't be bothered to make yet another old GTA thread.

GTA: Liberty City Stories; HD remastered has now been released for iOS, and soon to be on Android.

Along with this release is a little bonus for GTAO players. If you log into socialclub within your new smartphone game, you will also get an "i <3 LC" tshirt in GTAO.

• Like 1